Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Should A Student Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Student Pay Tithe? (12810 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Student Pay Tithe? by fubbyy(m): 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

She said as long as money enters your hand as a gift, school fees, pocket money etc.. which is yours that you are eligible to pay tithe

How true is that?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Valto(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
fubbyy: Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

She said as long as money enters your hand as a gift, school fees, pocket money etc.. which is yours that you are eligible to pay tithe

How true is that?
so people don mumu reach to even pay tithe on their school fees... how then are u going to complete it and pay the school fees tithing have no place for a christian that knows his bible very well...God is no money doubler, and the death of our lord jesus on the cross freed us from (mosiac law) tithing! help the poor around u and God will richly bless u.

21 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by fubbyy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Valto: so people don mumu reach to even pay tithe on their school fees... how then are u going to complete it and pay the school fees tithing have no place for a christian that knows his bible very well...God is no money doubler, and the death of our lord jesus on the cross freed us from (mosiac law) tithing! help the poor around u and God will richly bless u.
hmmm... Are you saying people paying tithe Are wrong?

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by alexleo(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
fubbyy: Am not a student but when I was I refused paying tithe because I taught its not meant for students, today som1 was trying to prove me wrong

How true is that?

Error. school fees is not profit so no tithe on it. Most importantly pray for God's guidance not mans'

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Egbagirl(f): 12:18am On Mar 09, 2013
If you work at the same time and you are earning money, then yes.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 12:47am On Mar 09, 2013
alexleo:

Error. school fees is not profit so no tithe on it. Most importantly pray for God's guidance not mans'

I hope most of those pastors can say things the way you're saying it without using all kinds of gimmicks to manipulate the people. Do you now see one of the reasons we teach against tithing?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 4:48am On Mar 09, 2013

How true is that?

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances

15 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

I hope most of those pastors can say things the way you're saying it without using all kinds of gimmicks to manipulate the people. Do you now see one of the reasons we teach against tithing?
LET'S LEAVE THIS TITHING ISSUE FOR A WHILE AND TALK ABOUT WEIGHTIER MATTERS ABEG..

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:33am On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: LET'S LEAVE THIS TITHING ISSUE FOR A WHILE AND TALK ABOUT WEIGHTIER MATTERS ABEG..

Okay. Very good suggestion. Watch out soon and see the next thread I will open, It's one of the most weightier matters in my heart.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Yooguyz: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay. Very good suggestion. Watch out soon and see the next thread I will open, It's one of the most weightier matters in my heart.
yes abeg
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 8:29am On Mar 09, 2013

How true is that?

Christians are not under any obligation to tithe in the first instance talkless of a student. The way tithes is preached today is at best a fraudulent manipulation of scripture. You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to learn more about how God defined his tithes and compare to the version preached in churches today. That aside tithing was brought to an end for new covenant christians, you may wish to read Hebrews 7:5-19 in context and you would see were tithing was brought to and end for believers. special emphasis should be put on verse 5,11,12 & 18 when reading that scripture to get the message. God bless you as you read.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 09, 2013
Tithing is an act of faith. Let God be the judge not you.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: Tithing is an act of faith. Let God be the judge not you.

It is a FRAUD.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2013
frosbel:

It is a FRAUD.
You are saying God's word is fraud abi?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: You are saying God's word is fraud abi?

The tithing you rogues preach today has nothing to do with God's word or God's tithe.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: You are saying God's word is fraud abi?

you mean your god of mammon ?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
I was a victim of student tithing which almost rendered me useless so i had to stopped and since then,by God's grace,no devourer has come my way.tithing has been cancelled.even d present jews dont practice it anymore

7 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by frank317: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
Na waooo

But waitoo, I thot it had been said here quite often that wen one reads the bible with a pure and honest quest for truth, the holy spirit will make him understand the word of God so as o make good use of it...

Are there different holy spirits or is it one but interpretes different things to different pple?

It is good to pay tight, no it is not
It is good for woman to wear trouser, no it is not
There is hell fire where pple will burn and gnash their teeth for ever, no there is none
Women should wear earings and perm their hair, no they shuldnt
It is good to worship on sunday, no its saturday
God knew man will fall before creation, no he didn't know

And it goes on and on... Is the holy spirit a confusion spirit? What are we reallu doing?

4 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by tobechi20(m): 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=Joagbaje]

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . STUppidity
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Joagbaje never met a tithe he didnt like or recieve
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
frank3.16:
Na waooo

But waitoo, I thot it had been said here quite often that wen one reads the bible with a pure and honest quest for truth, the holy spirit will make him understand the word of God so as o make good use of it...

Are there different holy spirits or is it one but interpretes different things to different pple?

It is good to pay tight, no it is not
It is good for woman to wear trouser, no it is not
There is hell fire where pple will burn and gnash their teeth for ever, no there is none
Women should wear earings and perm their hair, no they shuldnt
It is good to worship on sunday, no its saturday
God knew man will fall before creation, no he didn't know

And it goes on and on... Is the holy spirit a confusion spirit? What are we reallu doing?

The reason is men have refused to interpret scriptures with scriptures which amounts to God's way of 'literal' bible interpretation. I hope to do an intensive course\thread on bible interpretation if I have the time to. God's word doesn't contradict; it compliments. Genesis must agree with Matthew and Luke must agree with Revelation.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by frank317: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

The reason is men have refused to interpret scriptures with scriptures which amounts to God's way of 'literal' bible interpretation. I hope to do an intensive course\thread on bible interpretation if I have the time to. God's word doesn't contradict; it compliments. Genesis must agree with Matthew and Luke must agree with Revelation.

So how do u guarantee us that ur interpretation will be an express inspiration of the holy spirit devoid of ur flaws as a human? Cos I believe if it a convinction that is brought about by the holy spirit, anybody who argues against it will feel guilty and will have no relaiblle arguable fact to go against it.

I have come to believe that all these religous agruments blittles God. And its a shame that with d confusion brought about by bible, koran and all other written books that shows off God as a confusionist, we still rely on them instead of looking within. And relectin on our own selves as creations of d almigthy.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^
God who gave us His word also gave us 'how' to interpret. No scripture is of 'private' interpretation he says. Scriptures must interpret another scriptures rather than men forcing their meanings into the scriptures. Also, scriptures must be read in context, verse-by-verse.

Take for instance, when scriptures says God created the world in 6 days. Some people teach otherwise that Gap exist but context tells us using the phrase, 'the evening and morning' is the first days....second day etc. Now, tell me, what Gap exist between evening and morning other than 24 hours time frame? The TRUE and TRUSTED interpretation is allow scriptures to interpret itself in context; anything other than that is falsehood. That's way to know the right interpretation sir.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by frank317: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^
God who gave us His word also gave us 'how' to interpret. No scripture is of 'private' interpretation he says. Scriptures must interpret another scriptures rather than men forcing their meanings into the scriptures. Also, scriptures must be read in context, verse-by-verse.

Take for instance, when scriptures says God created the world in 6 days. Some people teach otherwise that Gap exist but context tells us using the phrase, 'the evening and morning' is the first days....second day etc. Now, tell me, what Gap exist between evening and morning other than 24 hours time frame? The TRUE and TRUSTED interpretation is allow scriptures to interpret itself in context; anything other than that is falsehood. That's way to know the right interpretation sir.

I have observed all arguments concernt the bible and even comparing d bible wit other holy books and I must agree that all sides of the arguements makes sense, this is also sayin that they could all be wrong.

But have u ever imagined... If the bible or koran was from a devine being, would there room for arguement? I mean, why will almighty God send us a message that is subject to arguement? Who are we humans to interprete the word of God in our own way and still make sense to an extent? Is Gods instruction not supposed to defeat and overshadow all that? Imagine that even human constitution is clear to all who read it, how much more Gods.
Pls understand that these areguements do not arise from the fact that humans chose not to understnd and interprete it for their own gain but because every individual is different from the other and therefore perception would differ in interpreting such an unclear cut book. Didn't u think God would hav already understood the difference in perception bfore issuing these instruction?
Ok, if he knew that humans have different perecptual abilities yet he sent his instruction then he shouldn't hold anybody accountable for his own understanding.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Please, I am trying to develop on-line tithe paying app. So, that these students and church members willing to pay tithes can just pay them on-line than wasting time going to church do that. grin grin grin grin

More tithes for the LORD. Can somebody say hallelujah?! AMEN somebody! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Soso990240(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tithe should be out of ur earning..dnt tel me u wer earnin ur school fees..huh?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Soso990240(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
cry
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Euckybaby(f): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Any other you hve bt nt ur school fees... Beside is for pple that earn money
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by abbeylincon(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
I didn't pay tithe when I was in UI throughout, bcox I was of the opinion that tithe payment apply †̥ those that work alone, eventhough in my campus fellowship some students still paid tithe but I stuck †̥ my conviction, but didn't know if am right or not anyway!
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by AK481(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

dats "double taxation" in econs,if ur parent also pay tithe.
if ur father earns 100k he is xpected to pay a tithe of 10k,if he gives u a monthly pocket money of 5k,u shouldnt pay any

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Revolva(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
See all this tithes are wrong..I will be last person to fall mugu to do dis..thing..@poster if you like take your schoolfees take go dash pastor orrooorr!!! You don be mugu what are you people afraid of sef-- this life you hussle hard make money nothin like you pay tithe and manyfold will come ..all na wash..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / What Happens If You Commit Suicide / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.