Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State (35553 Views)

Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival Held At Ikwerre, Rivers State. / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:20am On Jan 02, 2022
seguno2:

If you can’t point out where I said hate, does that make you a bloody liar?
That is a question, in case you didn’t notice.
It takes a bloody liar to know another one. In my earlier comment I said I love the the diverse cultures in Africa of you hurriedly quoted by saying the bicycles they used were they manufactured in Africa? I then in turn asked you should I hate the culture because they used bicycles that were not made in Africa. Read well and don't be in a hurry to call names.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Tranquill: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2022
AbiaNextGoverno:

No what's not funny is you not being proud and comfortable with your own outfit or your fulani outfits but wearing mine without credits.

When will you ever be comfortable in your own skin?
Soup no sweet, yet your dirty fingers no commot from soup pot... nawaooh!

Tomorrow una go still wear ishi agu for ikwerre cultural exhibition with no credits to the real owners.

PS: I am not among those charlans that say ikwerre is igbo,.
Ikwerre no be Igbo, ikwerre na fulani...but then act accordingly.

#peace grin

Most of you are just ignorant and plain stupi. d
You claim to be widely traveled but all you achieve with your travel is to spread hatred and advertise ingrained stupi. dity because you do not learn anything.

What makes any outfit Igbo outfit?
Who defines what is Igbo outfit or not?
When and where did Igbo invent such outfit?

Ikwerre man wears clothes or cap that even the hausas and non Nigerians wear it becomes Igbo outfit or attire.

Ikwerre man eats food it becomes Igbo food.
Ikwerre man dance, it becomes Igbo dance.
Ikwerre man drink water it becomes Igbo water.

It's unfortunate that people like you make up a huge chunk of the population in Igboland. Really sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Rickmann: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2022
newswires:
It Was The Second Season Of The Most Anticipated Carnival In All Of The Entire Ikwerre Ethnicities. Isiokpo’s Bicycle Carnival Hosted By The Anicent Kingdom Of Ikwerre Land Isiokpo.

It’s Was Indeed An Event Of Love, Peace And Unity In Ikwerre Land For Both The Young And Old, Woman, Man And Little Ones. Also A lot Of Foreign Bodies Were Present For This Edition To Witness For ThemSelves The Epic Carnival And None Left With Regrets…

God Bless The Ancient Kingdom
God Bless The Good People Of Ikwerre LGA

Happy New Year…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10220824269338681&id=1297106753

We are richly bless in culture..
This is epic grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 9:12am On Jan 02, 2022
brainycaleb:

One thing I would never do, is to argue with my eyes! If what I am seeing isn't an illusion, then I believe. And I will not insult anyone to prove points anymore, "Igbo-Ikwerre" is the most laughable term I've come to see in this new year. Nwayọ nwayọ Ọ!
Bros Igbos too like Ikwerres. We like them as well as brothers. But one thing we vehemently disagree is that one is under the other. It has not been before it can't be now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Ikwerre is not Igbo.

I wonder why people will be constituting nuisance on another person's ethnic nationality.

Ikwerre is Ikwerre and an ethnic nationality...

Words and languages are totally different in Igbo and Ikwerre.

For instance

Amaechi in Igbo means who knows tomorrow.

Amaechi in Ikwerre I gathered means My father's compound.

Also we have words that may look alike but totally different meanings for instance Chinwe is an Igbo word meaning God get , In Ikwerre there is chinwo meaning God son.

Amadi in Imo state is totally different in meaning with Amadi in Rivers state. There is also enyinnia or enyinnaya an Igbo word meaning father's friend, I learnt Ikwerre have something like Enyinda meaning My father's heart.

Now Obinna in Igbo means my father's heart.

Numerous cases like this abounds and people out of ignorance now thinks both names have same meaning not knowing each means an entirely different thing.

So Ikwerre and Igbo are not same even the language because both having same words are entirely of different meaning.

Let's be guided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 02, 2022
chrisxxx:

Bros Igbos too like Ikwerres. We like them as well as brothers. But one thing we vehemently disagree is that one is under the other. It has not been before it can't be now.

Exactly Ikwerres are not Igbos.... Words may look same but totally different meanings.

Many are totally Ignorant. I took my time to explain these stuffs to them in one thread like that wayback.

I don't know why people still insist on been ignorant of things they know nothing about.

Ikwerre is not Igbo.

I wonder why people will be constituting nuisance on another person's ethnic nationality.

For instance

Also we have words that may look alike but totally different meanings for instance Chinwe is an Igbo word meaning God get , In Ikwerre there is chinwo meaning God son.

Amadi in Imo state is totally different in meaning with Amadi in Rivers state. There is also enyinnia or enyinnaya an Igbo word meaning father's friend, I learnt Ikwerre have something like Enyinda meaning My father's heart.

Numerous cases like this abounds and people out of ignorance now thinks both names have same meaning not knowing each means an entirely different thing.

So Ikwerre and Igbo are not same even the language because both having same words are entirely of different meaning.

Let's be guided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
MelesZenawi:

Exactly Ikwerres are not Igbos.... Words may look same but totally different meanings.

Many are totally Ignorant. I took my time to explain these stuffs to them in one thread like that wayback.

I don't know why people still insist on been ignorant of things they know nothing about.

Ikwerre is not Igbo.

For instance

Let's be guided.

Thanks brotherly. It was Nnamdi Kanu that came up with the campaign. Many Igbos before now knew the demarcation between them and the Ikwerres. Ikwerre is a complete different ethnic group. When my grandmother was alive, she was from Umuahia, I asked her if there was ever a time the Ikwerres were considered as Igbos she said no. That they usually called Onyi Ikwerre. How Nnamdi Kanu came up with this idea and many Igbos bought over it is one fallacy too many. He told them Port Harcourt was Igweocha Igbos town they believe. I have never seen things like this
Those Ikwerre people who declared the Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965 deserved monuments.
Nnamdi Kanu told them that Ikwerre people denied being Igbo after the war whereas in 1965 when Ikwerre people had everything to benefit with Igbo identity they gathered to declare their Unique identity and ethnic group.
Spain and Portugal have similar words but different people. Same with Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. This is also seen with Malaysia and Indonesia.
Igbos are one of the most traveled and educated tribes not only in Nigeria but the word how they could look up to Nnamdi Kanu for directions defied every human reasoning faculty.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by brainycaleb(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
chrisxxx:

For me, Igbo is Igbo. Wether from Delta, Rivers, Ebonyi or even Arochukwu, all I see is Igbo. But having Igbos from a particular location verbally denying their heritage whilst being proved otherwise by their action is outright Hypocrisy! For me, I'm just an Igbo man.
Just check their cultural attire for example, it's not 3ven modified in any way! A typical Igbo attire.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
brainycaleb:

For me, Igbo is Igbo. Wether from Delta, Rivers, Ebonyi or even Arochukwu, all I see is Igbo. But having Igbos from a particular location verbally denying their heritage whilst being proved otherwise by their action is outright Hypocrisy! For me, I'm just an Igbo man.
Just check their cultural attire for example, it's not 3ven modified in any way! A typical Igbo attire.
The egg and the hen which one cane first?
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by GodIsBiafran: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
MelesZenawi
Hey Yoruba man how far? You are still putting your nose in Igbo business?
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by cardoctor(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
I didn't see the legendary palm wine bike.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chiedozie198100: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

I haven't seen an isiokpo man or woman that says they originate from igbo.

That doesn't change history of the place.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chiedozie198100: 12:28am On Jan 03, 2022
chrisxxx:

Thanks brotherly. It was Nnamdi Kanu that came up with the campaign. Many Igbos before now knew the demarcation between them and the Ikwerres. Ikwerre is a complete different ethnic group. When my grandmother was alive, she was from Umuahia, I asked her if there was ever a time the Ikwerres were considered as Igbos she said no. That they usually called Onyi Ikwerre. How Nnamdi Kanu came up with this idea and many Igbos bought over it is one fallacy too many. He told them Port Harcourt was Igweocha Igbos town they believe. I have never seen things like this
Those Ikwerre people who declared the Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965 deserved monuments.
Nnamdi Kanu told them that Ikwerre people denied being Igbo after the war whereas in 1965 when Ikwerre people had everything to benefit with Igbo identity they gathered to declare their Unique identity and ethnic group.
Spain and Portugal have similar words but different people. Same with Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. This is also seen with Malaysia and Indonesia.
Igbos are one of the most traveled and educated tribes not only in Nigeria but the word how they could look up to Nnamdi Kanu for directions defied every human reasoning faculty.

See the way u decided to turn history upside down.

Was Port Harcourt the original name? Which smelling ikwerre declaration of 1965?

R u sure ur grandma wasn't suffering from Alzheimer's when she answered your question?
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 6:13am On Jan 03, 2022
chiedozie198100:

See the way u decided to turn history upside down.

Was Port Harcourt the original name? Which smelling ikwerre declaration of 1965?

R u sure ur grandma wasn't suffering from Alzheimer's when she answered your question?
I will answer you. Of course you guys resort to wanton barrage of insults and abuses when pinned to the ground with undeniable evidences.
Port Harcourt was not the original name of the area. It was named Port Harcourt after the Governor-General then. It was a beautiful place, a place where there was paved road and electricity. The first of its kind then white several white people living there. This made the Igbo labourers to nickname the place Igweocha. Literally meaning the Heaven of White man or a beautiful place or a white man land. The place so called Igweocha then didn't include the inhabited Rebisi and Diobu area of the Ikwerre people. It was a virgin land acquired then that the white man developed to be a beautiful place.
There was about 5 kilometers gap then between the Port (Port Harcourt) and the nearest Ikwerre settlement. But today the gap has all been developed even making areas that were not initially part of Port Harcourt being called Port Harcourt even up to Oyigbo, Obio Akpor LGA, even some part of Ikwerre LGA.
I can't teach you to comprehension unfortunately since Nnamdi Kanu has exchanged your limited scanty brain with elephant poo.
Portuguese named Eko Lagos is Lagos a Portuguese City?
My grand mother was old even at that age reasoned more clearly than someone at your age suffering from premature Alzheimer syndrome and covetousness.
Park well bro.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chiedozie198100: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
chrisxxx:

I will answer you. Of course you guys resort to wanton barrage of insults and abuses when pinned to the ground with undeniable evidences.
Port Harcourt was not the original name of the area. It was named Port Harcourt after the Governor-General then. It was a beautiful place, a place where there was paved road and electricity. The first of its kind then white several white people living there. This made the Igbo labourers to nickname the place Igweocha. Literally meaning the Heaven of White man or a beautiful place or a white man land. The place so called Igweocha then didn't include the inhabited Rebisi and Diobu area of the Ikwerre people. It was a virgin land acquired then that the white man developed to be a beautiful place.
There was about 5 kilometers gap then between the Port (Port Harcourt) and the nearest Ikwerre settlement. But today the gap has all been developed even making areas that were not initially part of Port Harcourt being called Port Harcourt even up to Oyigbo, Obio Akpor LGA, even some part of Ikwerre LGA.
I can't teach you to comprehension unfortunately since Nnamdi Kanu has exchanged your limited scanty brain with elephant poo.
Portuguese named Eko Lagos is Lagos a Portuguese City?
My grand mother was old even at that age reasoned more clearly than someone at your age suffering from premature Alzheimer syndrome and covetousness.
Park well bro.

Isn't it amazing, that your ikwerre land was name igweocha by igbos?
U ikwerres couldn't name ur own land igweocha, abi?

N u ikwerres were still sucking ur thumb when igbos came and named all ur villages with "umu" surfix.(n please tell me what "rumu" means in ikwerre).

The funny thing is even ikwerres still refer to Port Harcourt as igweocha in their dialect.

So please miss me with ur pseudo-intellectual bullshit history.

By the way Port Harcourt was name after a documented British pedophile.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Tranquill: 12:23am On Jan 04, 2022
chiedozie198100:

Isn't it amazing, that your ikwerre land was name igweocha by igbos?
U ikwerres couldn't name ur own land igweocha, abi?

N u ikwerres were still sucking ur thumb when igbos came and named all ur villages with "umu" surfix.(n please tell me what "rumu" means in ikwerre).

The funny thing is even ikwerres still refer to Port Harcourt as igweocha in their dialect.

So please miss me with ur pseudo-intellectual bullshit history.

By the way Port Harcourt was name after a documented British pedophile.

Igbos did not name portharcourt but nicknamed it Igwuocha like they nicknamed the North Igwuausa so why are you guys not claiming Kano or Kaduna as you claim Portharcourt. Igweocha was never the official or native name for Portharcourt.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chiedozie198100: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2022
Tranquill:

Igbos did not name portharcourt but nicknamed it Igwuocha like they nicknamed the North Igwuausa so why are you guys not claiming Kano or Kaduna as you claim Portharcourt. Igweocha was never the official or native name for Portharcourt.

Mr History what was Port Harcourt original name?
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by Landlord97: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2022
chrisxxx:

You can't transfer curse to me. You are below me. Sea doesn't flow from lowlands to uplands. Today you have agreed with me that Ikwerre and Igbos are brothers? This has been my argument all this while. We are brothers no doubt but not the other. Ikwerre is not Igbo just as Igbo is not Ikwerre. We are no lost people that someone would wake up to define where we come from. Right from time Ikwerre man has always been proud of his Identity. No amount of misinformation can change this. We are Iwhurnohna. I am kpokwem diali.
my oh my chrisxxx I repeat myself you are cursed for ever not being ijaw Igbo or ikwere okay so go rest your curse remaineth everlasting till you start saying the truth from your disputed identity.
Re: Photos From Isiokpo Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Landlord97:
my oh my chrisxxx I repeat myself you are cursed for ever not being ijaw Igbo or ikwere okay so go rest your curse remaineth everlasting till you start saying the truth from your disputed identity.
Look around you, you will see symbols of woes, curses and damnation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Saadatu Lamido, New Photos / Meaning Of The Five Lines On A Palm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.