Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

What We Getting Wrong About "New Year Resolutions " - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What We Getting Wrong About "New Year Resolutions " (231 Views)

11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep / What Are Your New Year Resolutions For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What We Getting Wrong About "New Year Resolutions " by Flolovtri(f): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
Assalamalaikum and a prosperous new year to you!

So I read about someone breaking his/her 2022 resolution few minutes into the new year and I'm sincerely not surprised one bit. Why?

During December I thought if alot of things i wanted to stop doing and new things I want to start doing and I was like,why don't I wait till the new year before implementing any changes or starting any journey?. But then I thought, if you don't start working on your resolutions immediately you identify them then you definitely not going to start when the new year comes.

You know you have a bad habit you trying to stop,instead of taking the necessary steps to stop them,you decide to wait till the new year before you take any action, this simply just means "You never ready".

Start working on your problems. Don't wait for this time or that time before you start taking actions because tomorrow is never ever promised and waiting doesn't mean you'd even get it done sef.

So as long as you know your problem, take the necessary steps to start solving them. Don't wait!

1 Like

Re: What We Getting Wrong About "New Year Resolutions " by Stephen0mozzy: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
Nice write up.

A new calendar has subtle psychological effect. It's just like asking a team, why wait till 2nd half before exploiting the weakness of the opposing team?

That "start over" gives a fresh start feeling..... And those who truly make the decision out of realization are more effective at it than those who hop on the trend.

1 Like

Re: What We Getting Wrong About "New Year Resolutions " by NumeroUna(f): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
True.. Resolutions shouldn't always start at the beginning of the year. I mean why wait till the beginning of the year to implement a decision you probably have identified/made earlier.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One That Gets Hurt When This Happens?? / How I Survived A Fatal Road Crash And Was Abandoned By The Road Side / How Much Does The Rock Weigh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.