Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? (358 Views)

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by Mavrick2012: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2022
There is this brotel 2 streets from mine.
I observe some of the prostitutes there attend church.
With this and with what many church brothers and sisters do,i am tempted to blame the church for not preaching against immorality like before.

I have attended many churches for dedication, wedding, normal services,can't remember when last i heard about immorality

My question is,why has the church stopped preaching against immorality?
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by haddeylium(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2022
Hmnnn...
Every business that wants to survive has to study their market and abd the demand of their customers.
Do you think people wants to listen to someone speak against their lifestyle today?
Any preacher that doesn't want to lose his charisma and his congregation has to keep with this trend.
From offering bread and juices, inviting comedians and visiting celebrities. That's the market demand now

1 Like

Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2022
Prosperity has taken over bro. Money is the main thing. cheesy
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2022
It's now all about what men want to hear and what appeases their flesh, not what pleases God or what He want to be preached.

It's about numbers and quantity not spiritual quality, so that determines the messages.
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by Polynek(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2022
You are correct somehow but some churchs also preach against it, depending the topic for the day
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by somehow: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Many are called, few are chosen.
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by michlins(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Any church that doesn't preach about prosperity and how you will receive favors you didn't work for doesn't understand the Nigeria market and won't survive.

If you keep preaching against the lifestyle of your members, they will stop coming and your church will close.

The preaching today is that God loves us even when we're sinners. So continue in your sin and bring offering. God will still bless you and love you unconditionally
Re: Why Has Most Churches Stop Preaching Against Fornication And Adultery? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
Mavrick2012:
There is this brotel 2 streets from mine.
I observe some of the prostitutes there attend church.
With this and with what many church brothers and sisters do,i am tempted to blame the church for not preaching against immorality like before.

I have attended many churches for dedication, wedding, normal services,can't remember when last i heard about immorality

My question is,why has the church stopped preaching against immorality?

The gospel is goodnews not preaching of sin.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

His There Hausa Christian In Nigeria / Dr. Sam Adeyemi / No, Yul Edochie. You Can't Use The Bible To Justify Your Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.