Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) (15396 Views)

I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR SOLAR SYSTEM (UPGRADEABLE) + 10 WATT SOLAR STANDING FAN / I Want To Buy Generator 3.5 KVA Please Which Generator I Should Go For / SOLAR PRESSING IRON.IT WORKS WITH NEPA,SOLAR AND I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
ABC of Tiger Gen (I pass my neighbour)

I have used this type of genset (different ones) for over 15years and have seen all manner of issues. It's the most economical genset till date but has a drawback of regulation. I have put below, tips to help you have less challenges with yours and maximise it's use. You can ask me any question you need clarity on.

*Power* : 950VA,800W
It's better to load the genset not above 700W for better operation.

*Voltage*: 220Vac....use a voltage multimeter to set the genset to this value.

*Startup* : Ensure all power is disconnected from the switch and only your fan(s) ....2max are switched on. This helps to take the initial inductive load and then you could switch on other appliances one by one.

*Updates*: I shall be providing updates here as new information become available and clearification if needed. You can reach me via no. on my signature. However, I appeal for questions to be asked here so that more persons benefit from your experience.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tip1:
Always use the correct fuel ratio: 2cups of oil for a full 4ltrs tank of petrol. If the oil is light, then make it 3cups.

Too much oil will make genset to smoke and less oil will cause overheating.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by slimjohn2k5: 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
RepairZone:
Tip1:
Always use the correct fuel ratio: 2cups of oil for a full 4ltrs tank of petrol. If the oil is light, then make it 3cups.

2 cups?
I do use one from the fuel thank cover

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tip 2:
After about 60-70hrs of operation, service the genset by removing the exhaust soot blocking the engine block base with a flat screw driver.

Clean the spark plug and adjust the gap width of the plug.

Check the caburator firing screw and also the adjoining springs and links.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
Use 2 cups minimum for better engine cooling performance. 1 cup is not adequate.

slimjohn2k5:

2 cups?
I do use one from the fuel thank cover
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tip 2 cont'd:

Replace the exhaust , on the genset and recalibrate the voltage to 220vac with your meter.

Recall that most tiger genset have no voltage indicator, hence the need to use your meter to read and calibrate your genset to the right voltage on load.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tip 3:
To put off the genset
*First disconnect power from main switch
*Lock fuel tank
*Off start switch
*Move caburator lever arm to close position

This is the best way to put off this type of genset.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:56am On Jan 03, 2022
Tip 4: Common Problems & Solutions

Genset running but no output power:
*Check your power plug and cable for open point or breaks.
*Check and replace the genset overload switch if faulty.
*Replace the capacitor.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2022
Tip 5: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset runs for 20-30mins and shuts off.
*Add more oil to genset
* Replace Piston and Rings.
* Replace Engine block (optional) if inner lining is rough and no longer smooth.
* Ensure engine cooling rubber is in place to avoid overheating of engine block.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by lesbiconverter: 11:32am On Jan 03, 2022
Nice write-up
It'll inspire me to get one, just to spite my neighbors grin

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
Tip 6: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset runs abnormally, high, low, etc
*Service genset
*Clean, service or replace caburator
*Clean or change spark plug.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Tip 7: Common Problems and Solutions

Gen refuses to start easily and low pressure felt from the pulley start rope.
*Confirm spark plug and carburator are fine.
*Dismantle genset and replace worn engine oil seal. When this is replaced, it prevents leakage and ensures that the right pressure builds up for combustion in the engine block.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Tip 8: Common Problems and Solutions

Gen refuse to start or hard starting experienced whilst normal pulley start rope pressure appears normal.
*Check if fuel is in the tank.
*Confirm spark plug and caburator are fine.
*Check or replace ignition coil unit.
*Adjust main engine throttle screw so that it drags the spring loaded inlet valve of carburettor to be in shut position before startup.
*Replace leaking and worn engine oil seals to improve suction pressure into engine block.

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Jaysleeves(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
RepairZone:
Tip 5: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset runs for 20-30mins and shuts off.
*Add more oil to genset
* Replace Piston and Rings.
* Replace Engine block (optional) if inner lining is rough and no longer smooth.
* Ensure engine cooling rubber is in place to avoid overheating of engine block.
I had to pack up my tiger small gen because of this re- occuring issue despite it been serviced. This forced me to get a bigger gen. Thanks for this , gonna give it a try.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by incogni2o: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Jaysleeves:
I had to pack up my tiger small gen because of this re- occuring issue despite it been serviced. This forced me to get a bigger gen. Thanks for this , gonna give it a try.

What of more common problems

Blowing all your electrical appliances. A few of my appliances damaged in last 3 years.

Home theater
3 to 4 Rechargeable fans
Uncountable number of bulbs
Uncountable number of phone chargers
Laptop chargers.
Servicing and changing part multiple times.

cry

I still try to convince myself it saves me money though.

Funny enough, someone came in my compound and stole it some days ago. I don't know if I should get another cos I am always consious of savings.

Anyways, if you have a good one to sell, mention me.

Or maybe try to diagnose my problem with this Gen.

By the way I have a bigger gen
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please revisit Tip 2 on calibration of gen on load. Your startup load should be two ceiling fans or similar inductive load.

Most homes have a stabilizer and so this can be used in place of a multimeter to monitor and set the desired firing speed of the generator.

*Make sure no bulbs are on until this setting activity is completed.

*Repeat for every service or new genset commissioning.

*Used good Tiger genset is currently available for ₦22k. Cheaper options have pending repair issues.

*New Tiger gen cost ₦40k to ₦50k depending on the brand.

incogni2o:

What of more common problems

Blowing all your electrical appliances. A few of my appliances damaged in last 3 years.

Home theater
3 to 4 Rechargeable fans
Uncountable number of bulbs
Uncountable number of phone chargers
Laptop chargers.
Servicing and changing part multiple times.

cry

I still try to convince myself it saves me money though.

Funny enough, someone came in my compound and stole it some days ago. I don't know if I should get another cos I am always consious of savings.

Anyways, if you have a good one to sell, mention me.

Or maybe try to diagnose my problem with this Gen.

By the way I have a bigger gen
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tip 9: Common Problems and Solutions

Irregular noise while genset is running
*Low oil / fuel ratio in fuel tank. Put more oil.
*Bearing or its sitting damaged. Check and correct, repair or replace.
*Worn armature coil cover. Pad with metal or rubber washer. Better still replace.
* Check and adjust cooling fan position on shaft if necessary to prevent it touching the coil cover case.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2022
Tip 10: Common Problems and Solutions

Best way to switch off genset.
*First disconnect load from main change over switch,
*Lock the fuel tank
*Off the start switch
*Move caburator lever arm to close position
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
Tip 11: Common Problems and Solutions

Leaking Fuel Tank:
* Identify point of leakage
* Drain the tank of fuel completely and allow to dry out.
* Scrape around and on the leakage point.
* Apply 4mins glue to the scraped area and on the leak point.
* Allow to dry before refueling tank.
* If leakage persists then weld leak point. However if leaks occur from multiple points, then it's advisable to replace tank.

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Tip 12: Common Problems and Solutions

Engine Sitting /Damper legs
* To have long lasting damper legs, after installing, fill empty space with a soft material e.g nylon or foam.
This ensures the damper stays firm during workings of the generator.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 10:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Tip 13: Common Problems and Solutions

Lubricants Use
*A wide variety of lubricant oils can be used to run the genset. However, ensure you use 2cups of oil per 4liters fuel measure.
*Using used oil is not bad but increases the times you service the genset.
*Never try to manage and run on less oil as this will cause damage to the engine.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Please do you have any small tiger generator for sale? A friend needs it in Epe, Lagos state.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Naijablackboy:
Please do you have any small tiger generator for sale? A friend needs it in Epe, Lagos state.

Brand New : ₦45k
Used: ₦26k
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
Tip 14: Common Problems and Solutions

Hard Starting after a complete dry out of fuel.

This challenge occurs occasionally when your genset goes off by itself after consuming its tank fuel. After refilling the tank with fuel, you notice the genset cannot startup as usual. In this instance;

* Change or clean the spark plug, put some fuel droplets into the spark plug hole.
* Fit in the spark plug back and start the gen again.
* Service your carburettor if the above options fail to start the gen.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Tip 15: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset runs for 2 to 3hrs and goes off. After cooling, it could run same time duration before shutting down like there is no oil. When this occurs,

*Replace used lubricant oil with a better quality one.
*Clean the engine block to eliminate waxed soot.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 4:39am On Mar 04, 2022
Tip16: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset starts and struggles to run with a lot of smoke from exhaust.

*Most likely due to a flooded carburettor. Check, service or replace the carburettor.
*Check that your exhaust is not blocked.
*Worn piston rings is the next suspect if servicing of carburettor has no effect. Thus, a replacement of the piston rings is advised.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
Tip 17: Common Problems and Solutions

Blocked Exhaust.
*You will notice the genset struggling to work.
*Remove the exhaust and blow air into the inlet. If you notice restrictions to the air flow, then the unit is blocked.
*To unblock the exhaust, uncouple the inlet soot short pipe from the exhaust assembly and punch open all blocked soot exit holes at its extreme. Couple back when done.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RandomVariable: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2022
Please I would like to know if this gen can power.

2laptops
1smart TV Nd a ps (a TV guide would be used)
1standing fan and maybe 2white bulbs
Charging of phones too
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
RandomVariable:
Please I would like to know if this gen can power.

2laptops
1smart TV Nd a ps (a TV guide would be used)
1standing fan and maybe 2white bulbs
Charging of phones too

2laptops: 2*100w = 200W
1TV = 100W
Standing Fan = 60W
2white bulb = 40W
Others : 100W

Total: 500W

Yes, genset can power all
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Tip 18: Repeated breakage of fuel hose feeding carburettor from fuel tank.

* Go for threaded hose of same internal diameter. This is usually long lasting and saves fuel hose replacement cost over a long time.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 2:08am On Apr 02, 2022
Tip 19: Carburettor overflows continuously whenever fuel tap is opened.

* Open carburettor bowl and clean the area housing the needle valve. Using a carb cleaner will be great to loosen any debris along the fuel path flow for both inlet and outlet through the needle valve.
* Recouple carb back and check if leakage continues with fuel supply. Repeat process until it stops.
* Replace bowl oring and the underlay oring too if worn.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Emmyblessed1: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
RepairZone:
Tip1:

What exactly is the measurement of that cup, I don’t have the cup anymore so wanna know the right measurement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#**HOME APPLIANCES (home Theater, Refridgerator, A/C, Oven, Blender Etcetra)**# / Crazy Easter Sales 2017! All SOLD OUT! / 1st Grade and 2nd grade UK Men Shirts For 2500, 1500 only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.