Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) (15478 Views)

I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR SOLAR SYSTEM (UPGRADEABLE) + 10 WATT SOLAR STANDING FAN / I Want To Buy Generator 3.5 KVA Please Which Generator I Should Go For / SOLAR PRESSING IRON.IT WORKS WITH NEPA,SOLAR AND I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Emmyblessed1: 12:14am On Apr 04, 2022
Please my ‘I better pass my neighbor’ gen is leaking oil from the exhaust what could be the cause
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Emmyblessed1:

What exactly is the measurement of that cup, I don’t have the cup anymore so wanna know the right measurement.

0.007 Liters = Size of cup
As an alternative, use an insecticide cap for measurement. 1 cup to 4 liters of fuel.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
Emmyblessed1:
Please my ‘I better pass my neighbor’ gen is leaking oil from the exhaust what could be the cause

See feedback below:
https://www.nairaland.com/2335449/professor-type-generator/294#111715906
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2022
Tip 20: Common Problems and Solutions

Worn armature bearing cover

*This inhibits the free rotation of the engine's flywheel. Thus it's advisable to replace or pad up the bearing slot with a metal, plastic or rubber Oring.
*The oring helps to prevent the support bearing from dropping far below its designed level. This in turn helps to keep the cooling fans in position and not touching any sides of the armature cover.

*Alternatively, you could improvise a sleeve by tapping the bearing circumferential length with a paper tape or similar adhesive material.
*Next shorten the length of the main coil slot on the front and end shield metal body by using a small piece of plastic, metal or wood. This is to enable the cooling fans have enough clearance not to touch the end case.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
Tip 21: Common Problems and Solutions

Blocked Exhaust

*A blocked exhaust causes the genset to work poorly. You notice the genset struggling to work. Sometimes this is accompanied with a lot of exhaust smoke. This situation continues even despite the normal routine service carried on the genset.
*Loose the exhaust and decouple the inlet pipe to the main exhaust frame.
*The inlet pipe is so designed to be blocked at one end with a lot of tiny holes drilled just before the blocked ended pipe.
*Using a small screwdriver, unblock all the soot filled exit holes on the pipe
*Couple back the pipe to the main exhaust frame and you are good to go.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by rapthugx(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2022
RepairZone:
Tip 15: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset runs for 2 to 3hrs and goes off. After cooling, it could run same time duration before shutting down like there is no oil. When this occurs,

*Replace used lubricant oil with a better quality one.
*Clean the engine block to eliminate waxed soot.

Had this issue early this year and it was very frustrating till somebody told me change the oil to a better quality one. Since then the issue stopped. Thanks so much for this thread.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Superboss: 1:48pm On May 11, 2022
How many hours does the fuel last on full tank for 3ceiling fans, two energy saving bulbs, one home theatre and a 42" LED TV?
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 6:30pm On May 13, 2022
Superboss:
How many hours does the fuel last on full tank for 3ceiling fans, two energy saving bulbs, one home theatre and a 42" LED TV?

For this load specified, the generator should run for a minimum of 7hrs.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Superboss: 9:37pm On May 13, 2022
RepairZone:

For this load specified, the generator should run for a minimum of 7hrs.

Many thanks bro
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Superboss: 9:42pm On May 13, 2022
Please, what can you say about this type of genset: Suzhou TG 1500. It is like a Chinese Tiger brand. Is it good enough

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 1:41pm On May 14, 2022
Superboss:
Please, what can you say about this type of genset: Suzhou TG 1500. It is like a Chinese Tiger brand. Is it good enough

Yes it's a good brand. Just ensure you maintain it well so that it serves you for a long duration.

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
Tip 22: Common Problems and Solutions

Damaged Rotor Coil Bearing.

*You are advised to use a bearing puller to remove this 6203 bearing from the coil shaft.
*Replace with same part no. and use a rubber mallet to refit back to shaft.
*Ensure you note the position of the bearing pin when coupling the end case cover to align accordingly.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Tip 23: Common Problems and Solutions

Recoiled Armature not producing full voltage on load.

*Having recoiled your faulty armature and you notice a drop in voltage generated on load, the best thing to do is to increase the value of the capacitor slightly.
*This can be done by using a higher value capacitor or adding in parallel, another capacitor to the existing one.
*This increased capacitance will in turn improve the starter coil current which will in turn increase the rotor induced current and thus ensure the armature voltage is increased.
*Adjust the speed of your genset to align with correct voltage on load.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Tip 24: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset stops with loud noise and smoke escape from armature coil compartment.

*When this happens, you will notice a loss of compression pressure if you drag the starter coil rope. The sound will also be different. Starting the genset again would be difficult.
*The solution lies in replacement of the oil seal of the armature coil compartment.
*Ensure you apply glue to the oil seal slot and tight fit appropriately in order to prevent slippage due to pressure.
*Recouple genset and its back to normal operation.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by mrrandomguy: 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
The correct ratio of oil is 1:50 in litres. This is if the generator is the original Yamaha engine type. I have this type for about 10 years.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2022
mrrandomguy:
The correct ratio of oil is 1:50 in litres. This is if the generator is the original Yamaha engine type. I have this type for about 10 years.

@mrrandomguy you are right however, an oil ratio of 2:50 in litres guarantees a good performance of your engine .... whatever quality you have.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Ismaxtr3(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
RepairZone:
ABC of Tiger Gen (I pass my neighbour)

I have used this type of genset (different ones) for over 15years and have seen all manner of issues. It's the most economical genset till date but has a drawback of regulation. I have put below, tips to help you have less challenges with yours and maximise it's use. You can ask me any question you need clarity on.

*Power* : 950VA,800W
It's better to load the genset not above 700W for better operation.

*Voltage*: 220Vac....use a voltage multimeter to set the genset to this value.

*Startup* : Ensure all power is disconnected from the switch and only your fan(s) ....2max are switched on. This helps to take the initial inductive load and then you could switch on other appliances one by one.

*Updates*: I shall be providing updates here as new information become available and clearification if needed. You can reach me via no. on my signature. However, I appeal for questions to be asked here so that more persons benefit from your experience.
Thank you.

Hi bro, I'm having a long time issue with my small Tiger generator TG 950M. The issue is that the generator goes off by itself after working for about two hours. If I try putting it on once again, it may not power on, or may work for only thirty minutes. I've changed the carburetor several times but no changes.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Replace the cooling plastic. The plastic prevents over heating by directing cooling air over the engine fins. Also ensure the fuel oil ratio is 50:2. That is 2cups of oil.

Ismaxtr3:

Hi bro, I'm having a long time issue with my small Tiger generator TG 950M. The issue is that the generator goes off by itself after working for about two hours. If I try putting it on once again, it may not power on, or may work for only thirty minutes. I've changed the carburetor several times but no changes.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Ismaxtr3(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
RepairZone:
Replace the cooling plastic. The plastic prevents over heating by directing the cooling air over the engine fins. Also ensure the fuel oil ratio is 50:2. That is 2cups of oil.

Okay bro. Thanks. But the generator indicates 50:1?

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Check out earlier discussions on the reasons for this oil-fuel ratio for better understanding.

Ismaxtr3:

Okay bro. Thanks. But the generator indicates 50:1?
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Babson4u(m): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
My tiger generator runs normally for some 1 or 2 hours , after a while it increases to a very high voltage causing damage to my charger.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by rapthugx(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2022
Babson4u:
My tiger generator runs normally for some 1 or 2 hours , after a while it increases to a very high voltage causing damage to my charger.

I will put it down to your carburetor. Try changing it with an original one. I had same issue few years ago and since I changed it, it has not happened again.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Babson4u:

Your current caburattor valves are not allowing controlled air inflow into the engine because of wear. Replace the carburettor.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by folarin24(m): 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
i have a birlayamaha generator which my mechanic converted the calibrator of tiger generator carburator for.
It only works for like 1hr then make a high sound and stops as if there is no oil.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by Jazzbee251: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
Pls whats the size of the capasitor required inside the gen.
quote author=RepairZone post=109024023]ABC of Tiger Gen (I pass my neighbour)

I have used this type of genset (different ones) for over 15years and have seen all manner of issues. It's the most economical genset till date but has a drawback of regulation. I have put below, tips to help you have less challenges with yours and maximise it's use. You can ask me any question you need clarity on.

*Startup* : Ensure all power is disconnected from the switch and only your fan(s) ....2max are switched on. This helps to take the initial inductive load and then you could switch on other appliances one by one.

*Updates*: I shall be providing updates here as new information become available and clearification if needed. You can reach me via no. on my signature. However, I appeal for questions to be asked here so that more persons benefit from your experience.
Thank you.[/quote]
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
folarin24:
i have a birlayamaha generator which my mechanic converted the calibrator of tiger generator carburator for.
It only works for like 1hr then make a high sound and stops as if there is no oil.

First ensure your oil/fuel mix ratio is in order. Secondly, make sure the cooling rubber is in place. If both of these areas are fine, then I trust your genset will work perfectly.

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
Capacitor size ranges between 20uf to 25uf in these small gensets.

Jazzbee251:
Pls whats the size of the capacitor required inside the gen.
quote author=RepairZone post=109024023]ABC of Tiger Gen (I pass my neighbour)

Thank you.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by AdeniyiA(m): 3:39am On Dec 13, 2022
RepairZone:
Capacitor size ranges between 20uf to 25uf in these small gensets.

I see I have to increase my oil mix ratio because my Gen overheated, made some high pitched noise before going off. My question now is, what should be changed after this overheating or what repair work should be done.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
AdeniyiA:

I see I have to increase my oil mix ratio because my Gen overheated, made some high pitched noise before going off. My question now is, what should be changed after this overheating or what repair work should be done.

You don't need to change any parts. However if overheating persists, then you could change parts in this order to resolve: piston rings, piston, engine block. Do ensure that your cooling rubber is in place too.
Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by RepairZone: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2022
Tip 25: Common Problems and Solutions

Genset vibrates excessively and accompanied by unusual loud noise during operation.

*Check and tighten loose bolts.
*Adjust the engine speed until desired output sound is achieved.
*It is important to use a multimeter or your stabilizer indicator during this engine speed adjustment. This is to enable you monitor and arrive at the right output voltage setting.

1 Like

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by mjfolayan(f): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Mini Tiger agen for Sale

Re: ABC Of Tiger Generator ( I Pass My Neighbour) by bahdpersona(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Please I want to service my tiger gen at home, what spanner or tool do you think I should buy to do it. If it's spanner, what type? Please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheap OTG & Sandisk Flash Drives For Sale In Agege, Lagos / All Huawei phones / HP Pro 3520 All-in-one PC For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.