Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me (980 Views)

Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience? / Today, I Spoke With God / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
i for sometime now had been on this forum, but had not bothered to look into this religious thread.i had been born again a long time ago but had been living a very bad life , i cheat randomly on my wife ,prostitutes ,girls, lies and all sort of abominable acts. well it all started on the 26th july just about four days ago, my wife invited me to our church annivasory and in the course of the service while praying i asked for Gods forgiveness, and empowerment with the holy spirit so that i can live right and wept bitterly becuase i know i have been living bad and been feeling empty and terrible fears.now while worshiping as the minister started singing all, ilu, yah, i joined in the chorus and on the third stanzer of the song, as i opened my mouth i discovered i could not close my mouth sudenly i started speaking in words that made no sense in my ears, then came this inexplicable joy, and all my fears disapeared and i was bold and wanted to confront the devil one on one and i was laughing at thesame time and i realised that as i was saying those meaningless words that right in my mind i was addressing issues about my life and scripture passages were passing into my mind and all made sense and came with power i became aware of the holiness of God and his truthfullness and everything seems to seeze.brethren this is the much i can explain because the experience is inexplicable and it lasted even when the whole congregation was silent i went on and every scripture the minister qoutes made a better sense with so much power on and on until the service ended.now in the morning of the next day while i was worshiping in our staff bus he came back and lasted for some minutes and the whole day my mind was constantly filled with scriptures that before, made no sense but were now meaningfuland the reality of God came alive because before when i see others speaking in toungues, i thought they were pretending or they were possesed by demons but now i know bettee because no demen can give such expirience

now, my problem is for the past three days even while the program was still on, i have not felt that experience and i want it to last as long as i live.so how do i invite him to be with me continually and the power of that wonderful expirience to always overshadow me,please help me to pray for him to come back and for me to live right
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Papa(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2007
Wow! What a testimony! It's really touching!

I thank God for your life and the in-filling of the Spirit you received.

You said you have a wife, so I am going to assume that you probably have kids.

Now while you child is growing, you can feed him, bath him, dress him up, lace his shoes, give him pocket money and more.

How about when he turns 40 years old and you're still doing all that for him, and he's not disabled or sick?

Will you like that?

And what will you think if you saw another person; not disabled, not sick!?

I believe your answer is along the lines ". . .that is unpleasant. . ."

So why do we think so with God. When we first get born-again, he can start us out, and move us up; however, he won't keep doing everything for us like we're babies; that's the growth he expects us to go through. 1st Peter 3:18.

So in the case of your speaking in tongues, the Holy Spirit has been opening your mouth and speaking for you, now it's your turn to learn to speak yourself - That's what He's saying to you - Grow up!

I can tell you this because I went through the same thing late last year into early this year, until I learnt to open my mouth myself and have Him feed it with words. So go ahead my friend - Speak in tongues!!!
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by calf(f): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2007
By Faith.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Papa(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2007
Thanks for the support @calf
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by jesuspikin(m): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2007
@papa
Papa:

Wow! What a testimony! It's really touching!

I thank God for your life and the in-filling of the Spirit you received.

You said you have a wife, so I am going to assume that you probably have kids.

Now while you child is growing, you can feed him, bath him, dress him up, lace his shoes, give him pocket money and more.

How about when he turns 40 years old and you're still doing all that for him, and he's not disabled or sick?

Will you like that?

And what will you think if you saw another person; not disabled, not sick!?

I believe your answer is along the lines ". . .that is unpleasant. . ."

So why do we think so with God. When we first get born-again, he can start us out, and move us up; however, he won't keep doing everything for us like we're babies; that's the growth he expects us to go through. 1st Peter 3:18.

So in the case of your speaking in tongues, the Holy Spirit has been opening your mouth and speaking for you, now it's your turn to learn to speak yourself - That's what He's saying to you - Grow up!

[b]I can tell you this because I went through the same thing late last year into early this year, until I learnt to open my mouth myself and have Him feed it with words. So go ahead my friend - Speak in tongues!!!
i want to thank you in the name of our lord jesus christ who has kept his promise to us by saying"i will pray the father and he will send you another conforter even the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot recieve becos they know him not, but you know him becos he dwelled with you and shall be in you"and in another place he said"tarry ye in jerusalem for you shall be given power from above after the holy spirit is come upon you, and you shall be witnesses of me to the uttermost part of the earth."once again thank you for your immense contribution and suport towards my knew expirience with the holy spirit for since them scipture that i dont even know their location in the bible are given to me in every setuation i find myself and they had so much meaning and power . pls kindly furnish me with more infomation on how i can build up in my fellowship with the holy spirit and i just want to tell that i love him cos life has a better meaning now.[/b]
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Papa(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
Very simple my friend. Just say it!
Tell "I love you" everyday. I do it.

As for fellowship, you just speak in tongues; it will amaze you the results.
I would like to recommend some audio tapes to you, but I need to know
would you listen to a tape by pastor Chris Oyakhilome if I recommended it
to you?

God bless you.
Re: The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
The Bible says[b],  Any Ye shall Receive Power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon You, "[/b] There's an accompaniment of God's Power to it. I mean greater power and Boldness to do exploits.

I think it's not just about speaking in tongues only. To me, real baptism of the Holy Spirit is more than just speaking in tongues. Although, speaking in tongue is a noticeable evidence of being baptised.

Dear Brother, Do not be deceived, what you actually need is absolute surrenderedness to God in prayers to be spirit filled. Press on in your quest for His Power. 

I pray God helps you too. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Do Your Bit / What Is The Solution ? / Is Yar Adua A Devout Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.