Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,058 members, 7,859,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel (25761 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) / 'New Type Of Early Human' Found In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2022
2mNaira:

Sorry this is coming a little bit late.

If we go by Biblical prophecies we have every reason to believe that the people presently occupying the Isrealites"s territory are the the Isrealites of the Bible. It is possible that some people of European came along with them in 1948 there is nothing wrong with that.

When they were leaving Egypt for the promise Land , there went with them a mixed multitude of people of other nations who were not Hebrews.

If you are familiar with the old testament you will know that God permits foreigners, willho are willing to worship Jehovah according to the laws and ordinances that Moses gave them, to dwell among them. God in fact gave laws and ordinances for the protection of foreigners who choose to live among them.

During the old testament days, there were people living with the Isrealites who were not Hebrews because they tricked Joshua and the leaders of Isreal to make a covenant with them not to kill them. Saul during his days tried to eliminate these people but God became angry with Isreal because of it and israel was plagued.

During the new testament period, there were a particular people living in the land of Isreal who were not Jews. These people were called Samaritans. Jews do not interact with them, because they were not Jews; yet they called Abraham there father. If you are familiar with the Gospels you will remember the account of how Jesus met a Samaritan woman at a well who he asked water of and who he eventually preached to along with her Samaritan Community.

What I am trying to drive at is this: non-jews living with the Jews in Isreal as citizens is not a new occurrence. It has been happening since Bible days.

If you have taken time to study the Bible you will realise that God fulfils his words( or prophecies) through innocent circumstances.

At the time Mary was heavily pregnant with Jesus, there was a decree from the Roman Government that every Isrealites should return to their native town for a census. Joseph and Mary who were not residents of Bethlehem, their native town, had to travel to Bethlehem for the Census. Well, she and her husband got stuck there until she had to deliver her baby in Bethlehem fulfilling the prophecy that the Christ will be born in Bethlehem. Time will not permit me, if not I would have given you instances upon instances were Good fulfilled prophecies through innocent circumstances.

The point is I am trying to drive home is that creating the nation of Isreal in 1948 may look like an innocent circumstance, yet it is Good working to fulfil prophecies. The same explanation holds for naming the new state Isreal instead of Zion.

You said there Isrealis who believe they are not descendants of Abraham. This is quite possible, because not every Isreali is a descendant of Abraham as explained above. This has nothing to do with Bible or religion, it is a matter of knowing one's root. For instance, there is a group in the Niger Delta who speaks Igbo language , but maintains they are not Igbos. My own people speak Yoruba language but we are not Yorubas.

All children of Abraham know their root.

While Christians are children of Abraham by faith, Isrealites are children of Abraham according to the flesh.

The reason why Isreal has a special place in the heart and plan of God is because of the Covenant that God made with Abraham. Bible tells us that it is an everlasting Covenant. Because Abraham obeyed the voice of God and kept his end of the Covenant, God is under bound to keep his own end of the Covenant. He is a covenant keeping God. That is why no matter how much Israel as a nation strays from God, God will never abandon them.

I think you really need to calm it down.

The Bible is not a history book.

You are not a CHILD OF ABRAHAM. Abraham comes from YOU.

How can a black man like yourself believe he is a descendent of a middle Eastern man?

Colonization was a success!
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
Jack005:
Israel? Hmm... Are these bible stories really true? Nawaoh!!

You never read the Bible. Israel has always been a rebellious nation even from Bible days.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

What makes them god's own people? This is what we're talking about.

They are God's own people because of the promise God made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not because they were perfect. They have always been rebellious to God's commandments (depending on their leaders) even from biblical times. So this is not new and it has nothing to do with Christianity. We don't serve Israel we serve God. We respect Israel because that's where Jesus Christ came from and God has always loved the Israelites irrespective of their wrong doings.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Depsui:

They are God's own people because of the promise God made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not because they were perfect. They have always been rebellious to God's commandments (depending on their leaders) even from biblical times. So this is not new and it has nothing to do with Christianity. We don't serve Israel we serve God. We respect Israel because that's where Jesus Christ came from and God has always loved the Israelites irrespective of their wrong doings.

But the people that live in Israel don't respect your Jesus. I thought you need to believe Jesus is Lord to be a child of God and be accepted by him.

Calm down, you are African. Do you know about your own people's history like you know about a far away place you have never been and may likely never go.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

But the people that live in Israel don't respect your Jesus. I thought you need to believe Jesus is Lord to be a child of God and be accepted by him.

Calm down, you are African. Do you know about your own people's history like you know about a far away place you have never been and may likely never go.

God has already chosen them before the birth of Jesus Christ. It's bad that a lot of them didn't accept Christ but there are Jews that are Christians. God doesn't force anyone to believe in Jesus Christ.

I'm African, but my lineology can still be traced to Adam and Eve (created by God). So i will rather go straight to God that created me and make Him my history.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Peace1993:
Surely, the two of of them(Judaism and Christianity) can never be God’s religions.

How do you know that it can't when you don't know God? You simply can't know
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Depsui:

God has already chosen them before the birth of Jesus Christ. It's bad that a lot of them didn't accept Christ but there are Jews that are Christians. God doesn't force anyone to believe in Jesus Christ.

I'm African, but my lineology can still be traced to Adam and Eve (created by God). So i will rather go straight to God that created me and make Him my history.

What race was Adam and Eve? How could you a black man, come from a white couple?
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Salt06(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

You said alot of Jews practise Judaism but that data contradicts you.

Please my deepest apologies for my outbursts yesterday. So sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Peace1993: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Depsui:

How do you know that it can't when you don't know God? You simply can't know
Lol. God’s books can never support immorality such as homosexuality. You follow God through a wrong means bro. In advice, please keep reading and always pray for His guidance. Inadequate knowledge and Hate have no advantage than leaving you in a state of ignorance/darkness
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Salt06:

Please my deepest apologies for my outbursts yesterday. So sorry

Apology accepted. So what happened
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Peace1993:
Lol. God’s books can never support immorality such as homosexuality. You follow God through a wrong means bro. In advice, please keep reading and always pray for His guidance. Inadequate knowledge and Hate have no advantage than leaving you in a state of ignorance/darkness

Which God's book support homosexuality?
Not Judaism and definitely not Christianity. Do you think that israel's government follow the Torah or Bible? They don't
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

What race was Adam and Eve? How could you a black man, come from a white couple?

That's the Almighty God for you. He placed the genes of all races in Adam and Eve
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2022
Depsui:

That's the Almighty God for you. He placed the genes of all races in Adam and Eve

Hogwash.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Salt06(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

Thank you. Its long i flew off the handle the way i did yesterday. Needed to apologise for acting that way

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by tsinzu: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
1Sharon:

You sound like a coon. Stop supporting them, they are not your friends.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Peace1993: 12:30am On Jan 07, 2022
Depsui:

Which God's book support homosexuality?
Not Judaism and definitely not Christianity. Do you think that israel's government follow the Torah or Bible? They don't
So, you are telling me there is no Bible that supports homosexuality? grin

Seek knowledge bro

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2022
1Sharon:

I think you really need to calm it down.

How can a black man like yourself believe he is a descendent of a middle Eastern man?

You may have to tell this to archeologist who have been working tirelessly down the ages to locate the site of events that occured in the Bible.

Tell me one good reason why I should believe you rather than my Bilbe. You know what I think you should do? Read the Bible. The Bible has answer to your questions.

You have a right to your opinion, but that doesn't change the truth. Truth is truth.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2022
1Sharon:

Judaism is divided into traditional, religious and ultra- orthodox.

Altogether practising Jews make up 41%.

Atheist (secular) Jews make up 40%. So,there are almost the same amount of atheist Jews as there are practising Jews.

Yes it does detract from the validity, you said this:

A great many do not practise Judaism in the way you think. They follow the Talmud(a book that mocks and derides your jesus) in addition to the Torah.

Israel is dear to God? Please stop being a follow follow sheep, you can still practise religion with sense abeg. If Israel is dear to God, why is he not dear to the Israelis ? Perhaps they see something you don't. Remember that the Bible is about the Jewish customs, traditions and cultures. You are an Africa in Africa, you cannot claim to know better than the Jewish people and their tribal god-yahweh.

Stop the Jewish veneration. They aren't your friends. They don't like Christians the way you like them.
No other culture around the word venerates Jews like African christians. Everybody else sees them for who they are.

Go and read why the derogatory word for them "kike" is related to their christophobia.

How can Jews be god's people when are christophobia?

I thought you need to accept Jesus into your heart to be his child?

WAKE UP.

Yes it does detract from the validity, you said this:
No, it does not detract from the validity of my submissions. The purpose of statement is to counter the claim that Jews do not believe Abraham is their father. The percentage of people people practising Judaism does not negate the fact that the children of Abraham know they they are children of Abraham. It is not a matter of religion, it is a matter of knowing one's root.

A great many do not practise Judaism in the way you think. They follow the Talmud(a book that mocks and derides your jesus) in addition to the Torah.
This is not relevant to this discussion. They never accepted Jesus during his earthly days. In fact they they were responsible for his death.

Israel is dear to God?
Tell me one reason I should believe you rather than my Bible. The bible says it, I believe it , and that settles it.

Please[b] stop being a follow follow sheep, you can still practise religion with sense abeg[/b]. If Israel is dear to God, why is he not dear to the Israelis ? Perhaps they see something you don't. Remember that the Bible is about the Jewish customs, traditions and cultures. You are an Africa in Africa, you cannot claim to know better than the Jewish people and their tribal god-yahweh.
I will appreciate it if you refrain from insult in any discussion with me. The bolded is not appropriate.Why are you asking me questions that I have answered in earlier post? Israel is dear to God because of his covenant with Abraham.And no the Bible is not all about Jewish customs and tradition. Only a percentage of it has to do with custom and tradition. The bible is a book about the creation of man, the fall of man, and about how Good executed his plan to save man

Stop the Jewish veneration. They aren't your friends. They don't like Christians the way you like them.
No other culture around the word venerates Jews like African christians. Everybody else sees them for who they are.
Well Bible says they are dear to God. You might want to work towards edition the bible e to exclude parts that talks of God's love for Israel. One thing is certain about you: you don't understand Christianity. I suggest that you start reading the new testament so that you can understand Christianity.

Go and read why the derogatory word for them "kike" is related to their christophobia.

How can Jews be god's people when are christophobia?

Why do you asking questions that I have answered? The Jews never accepted Christ even in bibt days. The even got him crucified. That does stop God from valueing them because they are children of Abraham with whom God made an everlasting covenant.

I thought you need to accept Jesus into your heart to be his child?
I don't understand the purpose of this.

In summary, I think you should read the Bible, especially the new testament so that you understand Christianity. Your questions all poit out to one thing: you don't understand stand Christianity.

Jesus once told the Saduccees," You err because you know not the scriptures nor the power of God." I am telling you the same thing now.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2022
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 2mNaira: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2022
@1Sharon the below may help you understand why Christians are children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Romans 4:11 And he (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Being a child of Abraham has nothing to do with physical birth. Christians are Abraham's children not in the Biological sense but in the spiritual sense.Only the Jews are Abraham's children in the Biological sense.

The scriptures above tell us that those who have (saving) faith in Jesus Christ are Abraham's children ( but not in the biological sense).

I hope the above does help you in understanding it.

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Salt06(m): 7:46am On Jan 07, 2022
1Sharon:

My conscience. Also because i have some sweet friends of the other faith and my comments disrespect their values.

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2022
Peace1993:
So, you are telling me there is no Bible that supports homosexuality? grin

Seek knowledge bro

Obviously I was talking about the Bible Christians use. Which bible are you referring to?
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
Depsui:

Obviously I was talking about the Bible Christians use. Which bible are you referring to?

He's right. The original translation did not condemn homosexuality.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
Salt06:

My conscience. Also because i have some sweet friends of the other faith and my comments disrespect their values.

Well I don't belong to any other faith. I'm just trying to make Christians see reason.

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
1Sharon:

He's right. The original translation did not condemn homosexuality.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; note note

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: note

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. note

Roman 1:26-32
The bolded is clearly referring to homosexuality.

Homosexuality is an English word. The Bible was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. They are all translations. But it has always been very clear that the Bible is against homosexuality.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Peace1993: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2022
Depsui:

Wow! So, Christians that use Queen James Bible are not Christians abi? grin
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
Depsui:

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; note note

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: note

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. note

Roman 1:26-32
The bolded is clearly referring to homosexuality.

Homosexuality is an English word. The Bible was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. They are all translations. But it has always been very clear that the Bible is against homosexuality.

What does the original translation say, do you know?? You sound like a sheep
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2022
Peace1993:
Wow! So, Christians that use Queen James Bible are not Christians abi? grin

All versions of the Bible are translations from the original text. The Bible was not written in english language. Many people like the King James version because it is the most direct translation. Some other versions try to give further explanations but the king James version translates it directly without any explanation or context. Which why most people like it. But they are all translations.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Depsui(m): 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2022
1Sharon:

What does the original translation say, do you know?? You sound like a sheep

The verse i quoted was very clear now.
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Peace1993: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Depsui:

All versions of the Bible are translations from the original text. The Bible was not written in english language. Many people like the King James version because it is the most direct translation. Some other versions try to give further explanations but the king James version translates it directly without any explanation or context. Which why most people like it. But they are all translations.
You are off track already

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From The Inauguration Of Hakainde Hichilema, Zambian New President / Melania Trump Goodbye Message Promotes "Love Over Hatred, Peace Over Violence" / UAE Successfully Launches Hope Probe, Arab World’s First Mission To Mars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.