Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

"The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) (2081 Views)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by CampussNews: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

Oluremi Ajoke Agboola, popularly known as the Zobo Girl has come online to share her experience of how she was able to bag a first class honors from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

This inspirational story, of a girl who had to sell ‘Zobo drink and egg rolls to see herself through school, underlines the reward that awaits those who pursue their dreams in spite of obstacles and odds.

“I was awarded for having the best result in WASSCE in my sec school in 2008. Had a 272 score in my first jamb. I tried UI, wanted to study medicine. Well, after my 3rd attempt in 2011 without any positive result, I decided to put in for a part time program in Yabatech. Mum bought the form and encouraged me. In 2014, I got my OND and did IT for another 1 year.

“But I knew I was not going to give up on my dream of becoming a university graduate. There has been none in my family and I know I must break that cycle.

“Though, there were times I thought of giving up, times I thought to myself that I’m a girl and I need not to disturb myself with too much education, times I thought I couldn’t pioneer anything in my family, times I thought I should just forget everything and run. I wanted to go back for HND in 2015, but I said no.

“It wasn’t easy, some of my mates had already graduated from university at that time. Did I mention I finished my OND with Distinctions. This your sister is very brilliant o.

“I gained admission to study Quantity surveying in Futa and the journey began in 2015. Hmmmmm….I need not mention how the journey was, you can imagine how rough and tough.

“Ohh, did I say my mum was the only sponsor I had? Yes. I will have to work during holiday periods to pay school fees for the next session. During my final year, I was nicknamed ‘Remi Zobo’. I sold Zobo and egg roll in class just to support myself. You need to taste my zobo, you’ll surely ask for more.

“This is the success story, I graduated from the Federal University of Technology Akure with a ‘ First Class’ degree. Had eight categories of award, best graduating student in my department, best graduating student in SET, best female graduating student in SET, so many best. You need to see the hot tears of joy on my convocation day.

It’s exactly a year today, and now I’m happy that I didn’t give up.”

https://campusnews.medium.com/the-zobo-girl-bags-first-class-from-futa-shares-experience-photo-92432763b3d0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by nosiebaba(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
Go girl, congratulations
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by Bsmartt(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
Congratulations. I appreciate your tenacity and resilience.
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by Totilopussylick(m): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2022
The real slay queen � smiley
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by robinso01(m): 6:31am On Jan 05, 2022
May God crown her efforts with good job.
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by samsegs(m): 6:33am On Jan 05, 2022
Congrats babygirl
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by Phils: 6:35am On Jan 05, 2022
God bless the Girl Child.

She tried. Didn't give up and kept pushing against all odds. I pray Nigeria works for her so that others will hang on her success story as a role model.
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by phemmyfour: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2022
I was awarded for having the best result in WASSCE in my sec school in 2008. Had a 272 score in my first jamb. I tried UI, wanted to study medicine. Well, after my 3rd attempt in 2011 without any positive result, I decided to put in for a part time program in Yabatech

This is how Nigeria kill dreams and give you another one
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by Nicepoker(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2022
The entitled daughters of Jezebel from naira land have disappeared. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by jnoz23(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
This is real life hard work, which is why no female on nairaland has been able to congratulate this beautiful Lady!

Nairaland feminists only know how to ask for urgent 2k for subscription & menstrual pad then turn around to bash men!

Congratulations Miss Ajoke, I wish there are more of you out there!
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by yuping(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hoes, can you see your mate, poverty have nothing to do with not being successful.
Be determine.
Re: "The Zobo Girl" Bags First Class From FUTA, Shares Experience (Photo) by mcjohny(m): 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
congratulations
at least there are a few other people out there who really want tour the rugged path

(1) (Reply)

An Abusite Is Ahead Of You, Naturally! Abusite: Join In / 2013 Webometric Ranking Of Top 100 Universities In Africa. / ABU Zaria 2016 Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.