Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide (4668 Views)

Who Do We Blame When People Do This On The Street? (PHOTOS) / Life Of A Yahoo Boy: Man Reveals Why People Do Yahoo Plus / Nneka Obazee: Lesbian Meant To Be Deported To Nigeria Tries To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2022

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by omoplaycool(m): 1:45am On Jan 05, 2022
I've been thinking of the right thing to say to you and can't seem to come up with any. I guess I'll just be true to you .. Thank God for your two boys and I won't be fair if I don't tell you how much of a strong man you are May God's Mercy continue to speak for you from today henceforth.. Please drop your digit and bank name.. It might be small but I know other nairalnders will assist
Soon you'll look back and say ,"I remember when things were hard"

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by billynoni(m): 2:04am On Jan 05, 2022
Lemme start by saying congratulations! Yes, you heard me clearly congratulations! That's for you specifically that you still have something to hold on to by being alive- Some that went the suicidal way, are not that privileged.

At 32 tbvh with you, you're older than me, but guess what? I'm older than some people as well, who are doing way better than me. Now here's the main gist, you feel suicidal coz you're not where you ought to be financially (at least going by your write up) and it's totally normal for you to feel sad as human. Assuming your classmate saw you come in with latest SUV and bodyguards surrounding you, he will be one famzing you, but then live moves on.

One thing I want you to remember is this LIFE IS A PROCESS, once you know this concept, you will always have peace of mind. Where you're right now- Married, was not your status like 16years ago, but here you are now. So you shouldn't feel bad, why? YOU HAVE YOUR OWN TIME, which is totally different from anybody. The fact that you have not "hammered" now doesn't mean, you can't hammer again. He's got bars at 30, that's his own time. Then for your classmate, he totally forgot something, life happens EVERYTIME. Yes you might not be wealthy or rich as him, but then future is always pregnant. At 32, I'm sure there are people from your time in school that are richer than the guy you met, but you know what? They've passed on, probably because they rushed their own process.

All you have to do is believe and hold on to that hope. Believe in God. Believe in whatever serves as means of income for you. Don't compare your success with others, it steals your joy, even when you achieve the tinnniest of success.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:42am On Jan 05, 2022
Guy, live your own life, and stop thinking too much of what others think of you, or their perspective towards you, just do the right. what you felt was shame and it lead to depression. You are not a failure just because you are a delivery man dude, in as much as u can provide for your children, just plan your life and move on to the next level. See em, if your friend decided not to relate with you like a friend, then you guys were never friends, it's as simple as that. Regardless of status, friends remain friends, and help to build each other up, in my life I have only a handful of friends, we are all in different countries, but we helped each other in our different stages of needs, 2 of them are still in Nigeria, whenever I am around I spend d nights at their place, go to mamapot with them and still drink at the usual beer parlour with them. No status, no big man, just guys, friends. That's friendship man. Live your life man, develope yourself develop your mind, shine your eyes, open Ur ear, and be prepared for opportunities, you never know when one might knock at ur door. Love ur kids and be happy and stop compairing yourself with others.

15 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by dettolgel: 4:09am On Jan 05, 2022
Guy please having kids is not an achievement what is an achievement is you putting food on the table, clothes on your backs, roof over their heads and sending them to school at the appropriate time like you are doing.

What is an achievement is the fact that you are a working man working hard day in day out to earn a honest living, don't ever let alone take that from you.

Be steadfast be consistent and never be complacent, you will smile at the end.

Meanwhile, what did you study and what grade, I may have useful advice for you?

12 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2022
they don buy iphone finish, buy Benz finish, now they wan do class reunion......for my sanity's sake, I no go come!!!!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by SportsHD: 4:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 5:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Appreciate a lot for your words of encouragement. God bless you so much. Here is my digits zero zero thripple two eight four three Bakare B. ACCESS BANK.Can not thank you less at this point of my life.
omoplaycool:
I've been thinking of the right thing to say to you and can't seem to come up with any. I guess I'll just be true to you .. Thank God for your two boys and I won't be fair if I don't tell you how much of a strong man you are May God's Mercy continue to speak for you from today henceforth.. Please drop your digit and bank name.. It might be small but I know other nairalnders will assist
Soon you'll look back and say ,"I remember when things were hard"

4 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 5:30am On Jan 05, 2022
Yes,appreciate and won't stop believing. I feel alive with this response.
billynoni:
Lemme start by saying congratulations! Yes, you heard me clearly congratulations! That's for you specifically that you still have something to hold on to by being alive- Some that went the suicidal way, are not that privileged.

At 32 tbvh with you, you're older than me, but guess what? I'm older than some people as well, who are doing way better than me. Now here's the main gist, you feel suicidal coz you're not where you ought to be financially (at least going by your write up) and it's totally normal for you to feel sad as human. Assuming your classmate saw you come in with latest SUV and bodyguards surrounding you, he will be one famzing you, but then live moves on.

One thing I want you to remember is this LIFE IS A PROCESS, once you know this concept, you will always have peace of mind. Where you're right now- Married, was not your status like 16years ago, but here you are now. So you shouldn't feel bad, why? YOU HAVE YOUR OWN TIME, which is totally different from anybody. The fact that you have not "hammered" now doesn't mean, you can't hammer again. He's got bars at 30, that's his own time. Then for your classmate, he totally forgot something, life happens EVERYTIME. Yes you might not be wealthy or rich as him, but then future is always pregnant. At 32, I'm sure there are people from your time in school that are richer than the guy you met, but you know what? They've passed on, probably because they rushed their own process.

All you have to do is believe and hold on to that hope. Believe in God. Believe in whatever serves as means of income for you. Don't compare your success with others, it steals your joy, even when you achieve the tinnniest of success.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 5:33am On Jan 05, 2022
I studied Bsc Pol Science, i guess I need a miracle now to get nice paying job.Most of the jobs I see around self,If I deduct transport,nothing left to take home.
dettolgel:
Guy please having kids is not an achievement what is an achievement is you putting food on the table, clothes on your backs, roof over their heads and sending them to school at the appropriate time like you are doing.

What is an achievement is the fact that you are a working man working hard day in day out to earn a honest living, don't ever let alone take that from you.

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 5:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Thanks for this,really appreciate
Crenzywilliams:
Guy, live your own life, and stop thinking too much of what others think of you, or their perspective towards you, just do the right. what you felt was shame and it lead to depression. You are not a failure just because you are a delivery man dude, in as much as u can provide for your children, just plan your life and move on to the next level. See em, if your friend decided not to relate with you like a friend, then you guys were never friends, it's as simple as that. Regardless of status, friends remain friends, and help to build each other up, in my life I have only a handful of friends, we are all in different countries, but we helped each other in our different stages of needs, 2 of them are still in Nigeria, whenever I am around I spend d nights at their place, go to mamapot with them and still drink at the usual beer parlour with them. No status, no big man, just guys, friends. That's friendship man. Live your life man, develope yourself develop your mind, shine your eyes, open Ur ear, and be prepared for opportunities, you never know when one might knock at ur door. Love ur kids and be happy and stop compairing yourself with others.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2022
What you fail to realise is that, achievement or success, is very relative. See your perspective of achievement, to me it's not.
dettolgel:

3 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2022
Sir, consider going into Tech. Programming and coding.
Sirlancelot:
I studied Bsc Pol Science, 2.1.i guess I need a miracle now to get nice paying job.Most of the jobs I see around self,If I deduct transport,nothing left to take home.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by dettolgel: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
What you fail to realise is that, achievement or success, is very relative. See your perspective of achievement, to me it's not.

What is your perspective of achievement?

NB: anyone that is of age and does not have medical issues can give birth. You don't even have to put effort into it. There a lot of mentally challenged people roaming the street of Nigeria pregnant. Nevertheless, let me hear your perceptive on what achievement is then we can rob mind.
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Zino990(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2022
Rule number 1 never count your niggas pocket thinking you deserve it

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by dettolgel: 8:22am On Jan 05, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
Sir, consider going into Tech. Programming and coding.

You know that it is not everyone that is cut out for that or enjoy doing it?

4 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by gulfer: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2022
@OP, let me tell you my story but first, I want to say stick in there and do not be discouraged....the darkest part of the night is near the light(dawn). You need to have a plan and it must not be about jumping from one job to the other because it pays slightly more; stick to one job and grow in it if you distinguish yourself.......in the office now, will come back to write my story cool cool cool cool cool cool @OP, If I told you I worked in poultry, building site, security guard, etc before God answered my prayers and elevated me even in the security line....., the problem we have is over-expectation from people; I learned since my security guard's days not to rely on anyone, someone I passed answers to during our WAEC exams in the 80s was working inside the bank and I was a security guard at the gate. The guy collected my CV almost 4 times with a promise to help and today I thank God he did not help because he would have derailed me from the path I chose. I decided to stick in there (security) and gradually empowered myself with certifications and experience on different projects and I thank God for where I am today. Keep your focus, whatever your hand findeth to do, just be the best in it, be it a cleaner, security guard, driver, etc because the obvious truth is that the jobs are not there and we all want to be big men at once.....Take it slow and steady bro. cool cool cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Johnnyboy6757(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Hi pals,this is not a right platform to drop this but won't mind sharing this.Just barely 2 years ago,I got married to my wife and God blessed me with beatiful twin boys of almost one year now.I have been managing life back and forth after many unsuccessful attempts to get a gainful employment ever since I finished my degree in 2015.
I have done many odd jobs like security guard, cleaners all this while just to put food on my table but it's not really enough.Just last year I joined one of this freight company in lagos as dispatch rider which have been really helpful in putting food on my table all these months. I thank God for that opportunities.
Now what really warrant this write up was that I went to deliver an order at a popular restaurants in Lekki to a customer but the client turn out to be my secodary mate whom I last saw 12 years ago.The sadest part is that the guy just ignore me.Very true,my cloth looks dusty and unkempt due to nature of my job.I guess he does not want to associate with failures amidst his friend around the restaurant.
My soul left me that moment,I don't even know how I got home.I think suicide is only for the weak but no,the brave also have a fair share.Life is really not fair out here.
Four months ago ,I lost my mum to high blood pressure. Painfully I can't take her to morgue for embalmed till she start bloating before we decide where to bury her.See ehe,this experience I just encountered with my old class mate break me totally.
I have never feel suicidal like this all my life.The only strength that keeps me alive is my two boys am seeing everyday .At 32 years,my only achievements is my children.Omo life can be funny.I know people have story to tell,but getting an interactive encouragement from you guys can do much.
bros all this things ur going through are just phases in life, a time will come in ur life the u will sit down an be laughing when you remember them, why? Because you have made it. Dem do Jesus Christ pass this one na.

3 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2022
To be realistic,I didn't expect the reception I go from him at that stage.Not that I am expectinganything from him at that point but the rejection was so hurt.
Zino990:
Rule number 1 never count your niggas pocket thinking you deserve it

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by BlackXabbath(m): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2022
billynoni:

You are wise.

Op, everyone of us has his/her own "lanes" in this journey called life. Don't and I repeat, don't force being someone else.

Work at your own pace.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Iliveforever(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2022
I won’t talk about your financial situation because the odd of your financial situation to change is very high. But to be honest, why did you marry when you don’t have a job to take care of yourself and your family??
Or you married because others were marrying??
I hope your wife is not pregnant again at the moment..
32years is to young to marry with the way the world is now.

My advice is, pick your soul up and only God can change the reality. Be strong!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Kingsleyebere(m): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2022
Well!! You're a great man so don't look at what other people say about you! Drop your number,and also your bank details
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by LandMann: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Be strong bro.

Do what makes you happy.

Be contented with what you have.

Learn digital skills

Work smart, not hard.

1 Like

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Abyjah: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2022
If you hurt yourself, your family will be the ones hurt the most.

"If a man dies shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change comes." Job 14 v 14

My experience with prison inmates on life and death sentences respectively has taught me to keep being resilient and keep a bold front no matter what. Their hopes, aspirations and joys is so beyond comprehending that you just gotta find a way to keep keeping on.

I SHOULD PROBABLY TAKE MY LIFE BEFORE YOU TAKE YOURS.
Just lost my job and without a single farthing to my name, no wife, no kids and no friends. I will soon be 33 years.

Be grateful for things you don't have as much as for things you have. Life, whether yours or another's, is not yours to take.

6 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2022
Wow,sorry for that man.Thanks so much for the insight.I can't imagine what some people pass through in life
Abyjah:

"If a man dies shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change comes." Job

My experience with prison inmates on life and death sentences respectively has taught me to keep being resilient and keep a bold front no matter what. Their hopes, aspirations and joys is so beyond comprehending that you just gotta find a way to keep keeping on.

Just lost my job and without a single farthing to my name, no wife, no kids and no friends. I will soon be 33 years.

Be grateful for things you don't have as much as for things you have. Life, whether yours or another's, is not yours to take.

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by ruzell86: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Appreciate a lot for your words of encouragement. God bless you so much. Here is my digits 0031222843 Bakare B. ACCESS BANK.Can not thank you less at this point of my life.

Hmm, deep.

God will raise your hands up, and grant you favour this year going forward...

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2022
God dey
Iliveforever:
I won’t talk about your financial situation because the odd of your financial situation to change is very high. But to be honest, why did you marry when you don’t have a job to take care of yourself and your family??
Or you married because others were marrying??
I hope your wife is not pregnant again at the moment..
32years is to young to marry with the way the world is now.

My advice is, pick your soul up and only God can change the reality. Be strong!!
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Sirlancelot(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2022
thanks
Kingsleyebere:
Well!! You're a great man so don't look at what other people say about you! Drop your number,and also your bank details
Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by ruzell86: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Abyjah:

"If a man dies shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change comes." Job

Be strong bro.
Another job and opportunity will come...

Keep the faith! Been there before.. and trust me "Life doesn't end there."

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Conner44: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2022
dettolgel:

What is your perspective of achievement?

NB: anyone that is of age and does not have medical issues can give birth. You don't even have to put effort into it. There a lot of mentally challenged people roaming the street of Nigeria pregnant. Nevertheless, let me hear your perceptive on what achievement is then we can rob mind.

My 16 year old cousin knocked up a girl in his school and she’s pregnant for him

According to op and numerous Nigerians the boy has an achievement now and his mates should be envious of him for it grin

Our people’s mentality needs to be upgraded

4 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Ellegacy(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2022
OP, you gotta be strong. I have a feeling that everyone has is or her own problem. We can't escape from it.

Your sec school mate you saw got his own problem. It might not be monetary, but he got his own share of problem.

Now OP, think of what happened as a phase. Their's a particular Ted-Talk I watched on YouTube. It's about living a happy life. Old people were asked about their life and what made them had an happy life. Most response was about friends and family. The lives they touched and the friends they made. Its never about how rich they were.

You've got a family OP. Have a happy life with them. It's the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Now I Understand Why People Do Commit Suicide by Abyjah: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2022
Sirlancelot:
Wow,sorry for that man.Thanks so much for the insight.I can't imagine what some people pass through in life
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Slapped Me ( 'cos We Are In America ) / Kosovo: A Gunrunners’ Paradise / My UBA Account Has Been Compromised Guys, Money Is Strolling Out Anyhow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.