Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. (20467 Views)

U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by Akanbiedu(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
embsyNEWS:

Like I said I’m not launching a vendetta on her. She gave us the visa. When you go for an interview always remember
Brevity: Go straight to the point when answering their questions.
Do not be presumptuous: Don’t give out any document(s) or say what you weren’t asked (they usually will pick on it)
Be confident, bring the right (original) documents and at least afford a smile.
I have never being denied before because at the American embassy (which it’s different from UK); it’s all about how you present and defend yourself.
Now look at our case.
We travel to the UK and US once a year on vacation. During these times we do the routine health checkup, last year my husband had to undergo a surgery. The last thing you’ll ever do in the US is get a service and not pay for it. I mean not pay to the last dime. If after months of notifying you and they get no reply, it is forwarded to the right government agency that will tract down your records to your last entry into the US. That is a major problem for you in getting a visa renewal.
So I’m no novice to interviews, presentations and collating my documents right.
The lady demanded she wants to see all receipts showing we have paid the hospital fees, to me this was just way out of her line of questions she was previously asking. Well we came prepared. We passed the receipts across.
Asian woman: “I don’t believe this shows all the bills were paid”
We: passed a detailed 23 pages invoice breakdown from the hospital titled “Your Executive zero balance account” (showing we were not owing the hospital neither was the hospital owing us, simple and clear).
Asian Woman: “Do you have a letter from the hospital showing none of the bills was ever submitted to our government for our tax payers to pay?”
What is there to understand from ‘YOUR ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNT’
My husband: “As an international patient the operation cannot kickoff without getting all prepaid cost transferred to their account”
Asian woman: “well this is our procedure, I’m still not convinced”.
We: “then call the hospital or send them a mail for confirmation.”
Asian woman: “you can see the queue is long (oh now you know!)”
She handed us the rejection paper. My husband then said: “you can’t reject us with this wealth of evidence we have put before you, if all you want is a specific document where the hospital will state ‘they are not owing us and we never pushed their bills to the government’(which sound so ridiculous) then will you give us; because for one particular thing, I HAVE TO SEE MY DOCTOR FOR AN IMPORTANT CHECKUP’.
Asian woman: Well ok come back with the rejection letter, I am giving you 24hours to produce the letter.
She gave us a letter to appear at the embassy the following day by 10am.
Well we called the hospital related the ordeal and made our request. They found it rather absurd, but did the letter, sent it to the American consular and copied us too.
We got back the next day and waited for a family who were having their turn of interrogation and later denied after the applicant started sobbing “madam we have paid all our bills how many times have I been to the US that I don’t know the rules”. I told myself “not on this Nigerian soil will you humiliated me to the point of crying today”.
Asian woman: “Next… so did you bring the documents?”
We pushed the letter to her.
Asian woman: “where did you get it from?”
My husband: “As you can see it was actually sent to your official mail and copied to us so you can check”
She went to the computer and just busted into deep laughter, really she was laughing hard.
Asian woman: “Ok Mr. …. I’ll issue you a visa, but am noting here you and your wife can not seek any medical service in the US again. So for your own good I’ll suggest you keep clear from any American Hospital”.
Cut the brown card, gave it to us and we have an audience almost shaking our hands when leaving.
Well we are taking the “keep clear from any American Hospital” case up with her.  W.H.O. constitution states that its objective "is the attainment by all people of the highest possible level of health."
All I am saying is: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO TO HER WINDOW AND PATIENTLY WAIT FOR ONE THAT WILL AT LEAST GIVE YOU A FAIR HEARING, YES YOU HAVE THE RIGHT!
[/size][size=8pt]

Can't believe people go through this because of visa. This is what happens when people would rather RUN to another man's land than face their problems. As if those people didn't have problems in the past that they stayed to solve.

1 Like

Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by calculusx(m): 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
I'm sure she is the same short Asian lady in Lagos US Embassy too. She hardly give out visas and will retain people's passport telling them to come back after some weeks of investigation. She asked too many questions and for people who had traveled to different Countries, she asked them so many questions as if she knows so much about the Country they'v visited. I'm sure she is just been posted to Abuja.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by Redman44(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
I don't have a problem with white people when they throw their tantrums when Africans apply for visas to their countries. It is the Asians who discriminate against Africans in American and European Consulates/ Embassies that I detest. The Asians are also not originally from Europe or North America ( The Red Indians in North America are different from the Indians of Delhi or Kolkata ) so why are they being hostile to Africans? When I got to Europe, I vowed to myself that I will never allow myself to be suppressed. I discovered that the only way to make people respect me is to be the best in what I do. I am not a Nobel Prize winner yet and I'm still on the road to greatness, but I always make sure I do things properly. I don't give the Police or any Asian thug in suit or corporate gear any chance to humiliate me. There was a time 7 Metropolitan Police Officers sorrounded me in London but I spoke with confidence with facts that baffled them. They set me upon my way after 10 minutes and drove off in their van.

I have mingled with some Bangladeshi guys and they're great brothers. Sometimes, I chat with them on the trains in London and we don't really see the difference in one another. I have this belief that we can all get on with our lives without hindering the progress of the other person. You're free not to associate with me because of my color but I'll battle you to the ground if you decide to deny me what is due to me. I don't have a problem with anybody. Hate or love who you want but don't deny people what they should ordinarily get. The Nigerian Media should do a story on this Asian woman at the American Embassy in Abuja. People are free to travel to any country in the world for different reasons. There are Americans in Nigeria too. Say no to intimidation. Cheers cool cool cool cool

www.festpoetfest2011.weebly.com
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by lastpage: 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
@Akanbi_edu
Can't believe people go through this because of visa. This is what happens when people would rather RUN to another man's land than face their problems. As if those people didn't have problems in the past that they stayed to solve.
^^^^^While l appreciate your contribution, l think its our usual style of "looking at things from the surface"!
I would be happier if you had asked: WHAT makes people to run to the foreign embassy instead of remaining in a land blessed with Oil and all the natural minerals one can think-of?

The ANSWER (which unfortunately is the DIFFERENCE between Nigeria and any other "Oyinbo" country) is EXCESSIVE CORRUPTION AND BAD LEADERSHIP!

In the late 60's and early 70's, when corruption was minimal and we had good leaders like Awolowo, Azikwe, Muritala, Gowon and a some others at Civil Service level, EVEN THE "WHITES" WERE TROOPING TO NIGERIA IN DROVES!
Even the missionaries were not left out or how/why did you think people like Father Slattery (St Finbarrs College) and all those foreign Principals of good schools of those days lived and died in Nigeria?
Thing is "humans" by nature will always move towards places where they could better themselves so, dont beef Nigerians going abroad; Its just natural and that itself is not the (or a) problem.

Imagine, if Nigeria could by some "magic", have stable power supply, good roads, decent hospitals and an appreciable level of security to life and property (whence Armed Police and military men dont wear Uniform in the daytime and turn armed robbers at night!), do you think "Abroad" will still have its attraction to like 95% of those living there? (Lets discount the 5% that would only feel "complete" when abroad grin)

Even as bad as Nigeria is, the current global recession still ensured that some "Crooked Oyinbos" (those who are themselves masters at corruption) are still trooping to Nigerian consulates abroad, to "queue" for Nigerian work and residence Visas! wink

Just the way it is, at least for now.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by lastpage: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by LeMoor(m): 1:52am On Jun 19, 2011
candylips:

US is too violent.

Have you been to Detroit or east Los angeles. come and see poverty and violence.

New york some areas in The Bronx n Brooklyn. . . see drug dealers and LovePeddlers . Guys carrying Mac 5 in broad day light

Cape Town is lovely but Jo burg is hell. infact you can get killed for begin a Nigerian. Be careful what you wish for o  grin

Where in brooklyn or the bronx do you see guys carrying guns in broad daylight? Just curious, considering NY hasa one of the strictest and harshest gun laws in the country. Ask Plaxico Buress.

Is the US any less violent than the UK (which recently has become the stabbing capital of the world). Before you reply with statistics and number of each crime per annum, remember to take the geographical spread and the population into consideration.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by oge4real(f): 2:09am On Jun 19, 2011
That woman should be featured on network news by AIT and NTA.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by queensmith: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2011
lol!

what kind of asian?
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by alexola20(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by mystikal(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2011
queensmith:

what kind of asian?

Abi?
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by stunna2(m): 2:08am On Jun 20, 2011
interesting topic, and although i do not need visa to america, i have however been at the receiving end of American immigration officers nastiness, so i can understand the sentiments by a lot of people here!

just be smart and be prepared and, here is wishing everyone good luck in whatever they do, !!
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by rexfada(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2011
thanx 4 diz info posta. Atleast we now know who to avoid when going 4 a visa @ d us embassy.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by alexola20(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2011
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by dramenda(f): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
hy
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by spooky76: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
Fellas,this is a very simple issue to solve.
Most times,we Nigerians condone this behaviour because of fear!!!Most of us just don't bother with the sort of rubbish and ill-treatment that we get from such embassies.I think the consulates and embassies should be officially aware of such incidences,apologies and threats to such embassy visa officers usually doesn't work and so our Dear Government should also be involved.
Guys,guess what, if that Asian lady was a Nigerian,most people would have either abused her,shouted at her and if possible beat the devil out of her.
Just because they are light skinned does not mean we are less human than they are or are better than us-we are by no means inferior to them and since the bulk of their profit comes from Africa especially NIJA----we shouldn't accept such nonsense.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by SMOOOTH(m): 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2011
Very true, i heard same about the asian lady from the secutity guards. As a matter of fact, i kept praying that i wouldnt fall inline at her cubicle.lucky me , i was able to evade her and i barely spent 3mins with one of the other interviewers and i was issued a visa.For those intending to undergo their innterviews in abuja, stay away from the asian lady! A word is enough for the wise (if you dont wanna waste ur visa fees grin)
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2011
spooky76:

Fellas,this is a very simple issue to solve.
Most times,we Nigerians condone this behaviour because of fear!!!Most of us just don't bother with the sort of rubbish and ill-treatment that we get from such embassies.I think the consulates and embassies should be officially aware of such incidences,apologies and threats to such embassy visa officers usually doesn't work and so our Dear Government should also be involved.
Guys,guess what, if that Asian lady was a Nigerian,most people would have either abused her,shouted at her and if possible beat the devil out of her.
Just because they are light skinned does not mean we are less human than they are or are better than us-we are by no means inferior to them and since the bulk of their profit comes from Africa especially NIJA----we shouldn't accept such nonsense.

Abi o.
I regard a visa application as a service which I am paying for. And I demand to be served.
Some of us seem to regard the issuance of a visa as a sort of benevolence of the Great White Country we are visiting. We have bilateral relations with the US, and no amount of fraudulent applications from other Nigerians provides any license for honest Nigerians to be treated badly.
If you are not a dishonest applicant, demand for your rights. Don't let inferiority complex get the better of you.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by Gbenge77(m): 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Abi o.
I regard a visa application as a service which I am paying for. And I demand to be served.
Some of us seem to regard the issuance of a visa as a sort of benevolence of the Great White Country we are visiting. We have bilateral relations with the US, and no amount of fraudulent applications from other Nigerians provides any license for honest Nigerians to be treated badly.
If you are not a dishonest applicant, demand for your rights. Don't let inferiority complex get the better of you.
Very well said.Us consular officers worldwide are notorious for rejecting visa applications.Some of their laws are a joke.For example,if one is apply for a NIV,it is assumed that one is an intending immigrant,unless you prove otherwise.In other words,the burden of proof is on the applicant.

And,sometimes,even proving your family ties,socio-economic ties etc,some people are still denied.In fact,it is almost impossible for a unmarried young person to get a visiting visa these days.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by enomakos(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
ok,thanks
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by shawonlese: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
If you are clean and straight, and your reason and documents are genuine, you won't be bothered about any Asian or Mongolian lady
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by embsyNEWS: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2011
Finally had the time to pick my passport at the collection center yesterday. The lady gave us 1year multiple. My husband was right "God is surely greater than any human". Yes but you have to prepare too!
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by Gbenge77(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2011
embsyNEWS:

Finally had the time to pick my passport at the collection center yesterday. The lady gave us 1year multiple. My husband was right "God is surely greater than any human". Yes but you have to prepare too!
Good for you.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by EuroMeko(m): 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2011
candylips:

US is too violent.

Have you been to Detroit or east Los angeles. come and see poverty and violence.

New york some areas in The Bronx n Brooklyn. . . see drug dealers and LovePeddlers . Guys carrying Mac 5 in broad day light

Cape Town is lovely but Jo burg is hell. infact you can get killed for begin a Nigerian. Be careful what you wish for o grin

I fail to see your point. Even the celebrated cities around the world such as Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Rome, London, etc all have some poverty and violence.

As far as weapons, only Arizona state allows unconcealed weapon and I fully suport that.

You have a nationalistic pride of which is good but not at the expense of sullying hard working families that live in East LA or Bronx/Brooklyn.

PS: Not all areas of East LA are bad.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by Puzzypleazer: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2018
This bitch just bleeped up my gf visa now, does anyone have a reliable information km how to meet her, I wanna beat her up for real
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by gentlemate00: 5:43am On Apr 27, 2018
grin
Vicjustice:

As someone who studied psychology, I'm not at all surprised at the behaviours of the Asian woman: The interviewer, being a female, and of Asian origin would most likely want to prove that she can do a better job than her white male colleagues, and therefore she is more likely to over-act to prove her seriousness. The same thing goes with female police officers, when you get into their trouble, they are more likely to be merciless than their male colleagues. Have you considered why short people are over-active when one has a dispute with them? They take this unnecessary offensive measures because they think you are trying to intimidate them for reason of their small status.
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by gentlemate00: 5:44am On Apr 27, 2018
smiley
u have one already, madam Patience
Re: Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. by tck2000(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Phew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Passengers Panic As Dana Air Skids Off Lagos Airport Runway (video) / Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines / Impatient Truck Drivers Crush 3 Dead In Rivers State(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.