Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? (48117 Views)

Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope? / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Angelfrost(m): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2022
Richy4:
It is not the end of the world dear.. Just go to Google and type that head line question u wrote up there, it will bring so many options for you to choose.... Read it with open mind and take the one applicable to your situation.

The area that I'm interested in is about the kids welfare... Please try and be completely honest with them and no criticism of each other or blame game when explaining that it didn't work out with their dad...So that u won't bring up damaged kids.. who will grow up hating men/ women or disliking marriage...

Best comment on this thread so far!!! OP, this is a great counsel to take.

1 Like

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by oshorstan(f): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2022
You're too young to be a divorcee.
Please stay fresh and young.
Take care of yourself, get a career, do an msc, if you're rich, travel out.. just get a life ok. It is not the end of the world ok.. it is such a shame that it has happened. Don't worry, God go give you strength ok. Marry your children ! But get a Serious date

4 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2022
DWJOBScom:

You need Jesus in all things.

In strength , comfort , love etc

It is even in your weakness that you gain the best experience.

I don't know her but i can pray in Jesus Name and she will carry on and achieve what human wisdom cannot give

Jesus is everything and wants to your all
Ok then...
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:
Year 2021 February to be precise, my husband served me a divorce notice. Though I saw it coming as we have been separated for some months.
The case is still in court though.

We are blessed with 3 kids under 10.

Soon the divorce will be finalized and we will both move on.

How easy is it adjusting to a new life as a divorced lady?

I just want to let it out as I have never discussed this with anyone. Just my immediate family members knows about it.

What is life like out there for me?

The shame, mockery, coping with kids alone, moving on etc

The most important question I will ask is, are you financially ok? If yes then you need not worry, it is phase and it pass. I think it will be even be easier in your case since you are both been separated for sometime. As what people will say! Forget about it, it's your life and no one will be there when the door is closed beside everyone got their own share of problem to deal with.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:
Year 2021 February to be precise, my husband served me a divorce notice. Though I saw it coming as we have been separated for some months.

I just want to let it out as I have never discussed this with anyone. Just my immediate family members knows about it.

I am a man from a broken home. I never met my mum and dad together. They parted when they gave birth to me. That affected my education seriously. Till now I see my mum like a stranger though am the last born.
It's not a funny experience. My dad finally had full access to us in 1999 and as grown up teenagers we were made to attend adult school first before going to primary school. My elder brother and sister were in primary 4 at the age of 14, and 16 while I was in primary 3 at 12. Nobody ever imagined will would turn out to become something in life . To the glory of God, my elder brother is a successful lawyer now while I'm an accountant. ....

The bottom point is , it affects the children more that you. They will lack parental love and care . I was breastfed by my half sister ....it wasn't funny . As time goes on it will begin to affect the children's behaviour even when they are adults. There was a time I hated women generally because of my mum. But thank God to the word of God, it changed my mentality. But how many children have such opportunity to be taught rightly about the things of God? At 13, I would see other mums preparing meal for their family and I so much wanted to know how a woman's food tastes like. I was rather the cook of the house, nobody to learn from.

Think about the children , not you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by zoghys: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Go out try some new things, feel good with yourself and live for yourself.

1 Like

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Alamkir: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Someone is seeking advice and you are bringing your Jesus...this is physical and needs physical solution..Jesus have no business here..

Ppl really need to learn that spiritual cannot help the physical, only the physical can
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by InvertedHammer: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

/

I wonder what you did to him to warrant him divorcing you. Of course you are innocent.

/

3 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2022
If you are available, I can be sorting your sexual needs when necessary but you go dy pay me

3 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:45am On Jan 08, 2022
Alamkir:

Ppl really need to learn that spiritual cannot help the physical, only the physical can
Abeg loud the volume make Dem hear.. grin

1 Like

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by MouthofdGods: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2022

Reconciliation isn't too late if you both want to give it a chance. Those kids need both parents, consider them.
However, if one of the reasons you're currently separated is due to domestic violence, I'm afraid it'll be hard. Wife beaters hardly ever change.
All I'm saying is it's not too late to try to work things out.
Think about it

3 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by BePrepared: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2022
Nothing is late, God can still restore your marriage, plz don't add to the statistics, I'll be praying 4 u
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Karemarealty288(m): 8:46am On Jan 08, 2022
Avoid Tonto Dike's trends if you want peace of mind. There is 95% chances of both of you coming back together again.

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2022
IamANigerianMan:

Op, what she needs is Jesus, people that divorce have a very stupid reason. No marriage is perfect on earth including my own but we continue to learn everyday, before, I would never tell my wife sorry but today I have learnt to say sorry immediately I am wrong.. I know a couple that divorce because the man did not give her what you people call head, ego , pride are all reason for divorce, that is why she needs Jesus.
Quote the op not me... undecided undecided
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Sheggy13(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

If you guys can still make things work, I'll advise you tow that lane. Someone can't just wake up and say he wants to divorce. Something must have gone wrong somewhere. If you were the one in the wrong, please drop your ego and try to appease him together with your and his families. It's not too late.

3 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by UncleKoboko: 8:47am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Cheating never pays...
Being very vengeful will eventually make you a loser...
Never compete with someone who has more advantage than you...
Count your losses and move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by aminusodiq(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:
Waiting for elders grin

Omg! FTC. I have make it in life grin grin all thanks to nairaland redpill and Alpha male sad shocked
This is my first FTC since I’ve joined nairaland,

I don’t know what to say again I’m crying rn lipsrsealed undecided cry
werey�

1 Like

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by aminusodiq(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:
Waiting for elders grin

Omg! FTC. I have make it in life grin grin all thanks to nairaland redpill and Alpha male sad shocked
This is my first FTC since I’ve joined nairaland,

I don’t know what to say again I’m crying rn lipsrsealed undecided cry
werey� grin grin
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by cobso7489: 8:49am On Jan 08, 2022
Tamale This is the best site for any Nigerian who wants to connect to Ghana

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by cobso7489: 8:49am On Jan 08, 2022
Tamale This is the best site for any Nigerian who wants to connect to Ghana

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Godbless3(m): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2022
You have been staying alone for long waiting 4 the judgement day and yet you are asking about the adjustment?
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by AbujaCitiBlog: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

What Happened? Was it a case of chronic lesbianism on your side?

2 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by BaddestJD: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2022
If you can make it work, please do. Avoid divorce as much as you can.

It is better your partner dies than you get divorced. If he/she dies you would never see him/her again but if you divorce, each time you meet him/her, you both die again. - Myles Monroe.

6 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by vineyardfarms: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

devoice is not the end of the world, who keep the custody of the children? How old are they? trime your circle of friends, don't rush into another relationship, join church or social group of positive family minded. Let your past mistakes be your guide. Good luck.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2022
obiekunie01:
hmmm.

How about living for Jesus Chris? Try it and you won't regret. wink

You mean the same Jesus that has taken the position of God, and blocked access to God except through him. Hmm, I remember the devil making that same comment, that he will be like God.
Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Original4u1310: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Trotro Nice concept. The site really makes sense. Nairaland branch in Gh

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:51am On Jan 08, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Where's the shame and mockery coming from? It's about your happiness as long as the divorce makes you better, please you don't have to feel sorry about it. People's opinions aren't relevant abeg... focus on yourself and your babies.

3 Likes

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Original4u1310: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Trotro Nice concept. The site really makes sense. Nairaland branch in Gh

Re: So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

What shame?what mockery huh..?
Are you trying to please brainless persons or what?
Let them talk live your life..you are bothering yourself unnecessarily..
** am a single mum of **** wink so I see no big deal there..

Now coming to solution are the kids gonna be in your custody or his?look life as a divorced woman is quite strenuous..from stereotype to being alone to your mental health to the daft society who are always gonna criticize you..

Just get hold of yourself and wave it off..as a divorced woman I bet you gonna be more self confident.. productive and enjoy your life more..follow your passion and take care of yourself properly.. welcome to the club of unlimited merriment.. grin grin cheesy wink
Misery loves company

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) / Photo Of Handsome 4th Generation (Men) / My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.