Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,654 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) (35908 Views)

Anita Joseph Criticized For Wearing A Miniskirt During Meeting With Peter Obi / Charles Okocha Hang Out With Peter Okoye In His Mansion / Speed Darlington Slams Davido For Always Riding On His Father's Name (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by State001: 6:40am On Jan 08, 2022
Singer Peter Okoye has threatened legal actions against some banks, accusing them of aiding internet fraudsters scamming people in his name, Igbere TV reports.

The 40-year-old had earlier lamented the scam done to people in his name, he also warned his fans against paying money into the account of the scammers who he claims opened a bank account in his name.

Angered by the situation, the singer in an Instagram post on Friday, threatened to sue and call out the banks for allowing unverified accounts to be opened using his name.

“Enough is Enough!!! This is 2022. I will soon start calling some banks out! It’s either it’s an inside job or otherwise! I have a name to protect here and save some of this innocent victims! So get ready for me and my legal team!.

“How can banks allow someone to open an account in the name of PETER OKOYE PSQUARE without valid means of identification, no biometrics, no BVN, no verified address or even utility bill to correspond with the address of the account owner. Now they are using my name to scam innocent people! I am Suing these Banks for damages and calling them out soon!” he wrote.

Peter also shared a screenshot of a bank transaction, displaying his name as the owner of the account.

https://www.instagram.com/peterpsquare/p/CYbTHDTL1N-/?utm_medium=copy_link

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2022
Bank scams don't occur without the connivance of some of the bank officials.

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Karemarealty288(m): 6:56am On Jan 08, 2022
Plenty criminals working in Nigerian banks....I support you on this..hit them hard.

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by sorextee(m): 6:56am On Jan 08, 2022
Scammers everywhere. Some bank officials are complicit in this too.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Dagah2: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Who ever fetches ant infested woods shouldn't cry when the lizards start their own job. He started the zoom whatever and was actively calling people and promoting it... He can't win the banks as he has no right to any of the names, whether Peter, Psquare or Okoye.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Waakanda: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2022
shocked

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Omihanifa: 8:16am On Jan 08, 2022
How did he know the account owner doesn't have a valid means of identification, house address or BVN undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by candidbabe(f): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
grin grin grin ; grin grin
Naija we hail oooo
Scammers everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Jh0wsef(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Tboymessiah(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
NasoLifeBe!

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by naijainstinct: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Please call them out. I know KUDA bank and OPay are guilty of this. Most of these frauds are perpetrated by these new digital financial institutions.

I have complained severally to OPay and Kuda but they won't even acknowledge your emails. Kuda has no physical address to lodge complaints. CBN is not helping matters either. They have refused to respond to petitions sent to them. How can you tell me you cannot trace a fraud because the account does not have BVN? Then why is the account functioning without proper biometrics?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by slawormiir: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Mumu talk

So na only you get that name for planet earth

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by money121(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
angry

What if the person opens it as a business account. Can he stop the bank ?

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Marvyx(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
I don't support crime but if there was a bigger and lesser sin, Na this local yahoo boys dy vex me pass. So lazy eh,... The work wia you put for this format neva reach you to go find format for Yankee peeps heeediots.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Were is our Benin guy ?
The damnnme nigga

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by dingbang(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lol..
Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by emmykk(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
Bank scams don't occur without the connivance of some of the bank officials.

That is access bank ...open without BVN. Not necessarily involving bankers .just Dail some code with your phone and you create bank account gbam

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by EmmanuelScott1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dagah2:
Who ever fetches an ant infested woods shouldn't cry when the lizards start their ow jobs. He started the zoom whatever and was actively calling people and promoting it... He can't win the banks as he has no right to any of the names, whether Peter, Psquare or Okoye.

What re you saying, re you supporting the bank?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by diplomat058(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
If he didn't patent the name as a brand, he may not have the legal right to challenge the use of his name. Funnily, I met someone with my exact names in exact order. Even there are hundreds of muhammadu buharis on Facebook. It's not that simple

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by YoungLionken(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Bank staff have a hand in all this cool...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Brunicekid(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Crazy things happening
Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Sabadon(m): 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nigerians are so criminal minded goshhh

2 Likes

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by jagged44: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
I don't care if it is fake identity or not, if anyone with the name Peter okoye scam me, na Mr p I go arrest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by candidbabe(f): 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Mumu talk

So na only you get that name for planet earth

Your colleagues have done it again
grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by Lanretoye(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Name that is not trademarked,how did he feel he is the only Peter okoye...Peter okoye psquare is even different from Peter okoye.moreover banks have multiple customers bearing the same name but with different account nos.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) by heniford2: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Fidelity bank criminal bank big criminal bank avoid banking with them to avoid tears undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kehinde Oloyede Gives 1000 Chickens And A Brand New Car For Christmas / Don Jazzy And Williams Uchemba Eating Suya As They Hang Out Together (PHOTO) / Picture Of Mercy Johnson & Her Daughter, Purity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.