Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,926 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. (1127 Views)

Her Lack Of Ambition Is Killing My Happiness. / Pls Help, My Happiness Is About To Be Turn To Sadness / Please Nairalanders, How Can I Have My Happiness Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Mrfrank2001: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2022
Good afternoon nairaland family, I just broke up with my fiancee or should I call it wife, because bride price has been paid.

I work with one of the leading beverage company as a manager and I earn good six digit monthly. I met my ex-wife in March 2021 during one of my visit in my location of coverage, Immediately we met, I told her that am not coming to date you, that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, which she agreed.

After our meeting, I went for 6months training in Senegal and returned back to Nigeria in October and I proceeded to do introduction and paid her bride price in November 2021. In all this, she has never visited my village due to her work and my busy schedule. Fast forward in December 2021, she visited my village and she never liked anyone in family apart from my mum. I love her so much that I have never questioned her actions or raised my voice or a finger at her no matter the provocation.

After she left my village on the 28 December, she sent me different kind of messages and even laid grave insults on me calling me a 15year old man that man family controls and she requested to see me, which I drove to her location the next day, paid for hotel and lodged.

When she came to my hotel room to spend the night with me so that we can trash out any issues about our marriage, that was when I noticed that her ex who has been abroad for more than seven years came back and they have even seen. My ex started telling me that we can only proceed to get married if I start making arrangements for us to relocate abroad immediately after our, which after much deliberation, I accepted for her to be happy. As a young man of 33years I have plots of land in a good site in the south but want to make it as a surprise for her. Just on the same day 29th December 2021 she told me that she has made enquiry about spouse visa via master's degree that the total amount is 6million naira, I told her that I don't have such money to spend for now, she now told me to fund her own travel since I have a good job than her so that I can join her after 1year, I said I can't and she called off the marriage, I didn't plead with her, but I gently left with my bags and drove back to my location.

My challenges now is that I love her so much and am also afraid how people will feel of I disclose that we are no longer together especially my dad and mum.

Please I need your advice as she has been calling me since yesterday but am still finding it difficult to move on.
Note that she never liked any of my friends too apart from the one that leaves in her city.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by socialmediaman: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Ammishaddai: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
undecided
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Bola146(f): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
Wahala Dear Lord, kindly help this man regain his senses back fully to know that You saved him from everlasting sorrow. Go to your relatives to relax yourself for a while

16 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Tejumola856: 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
God just saved you, instead of you to rejoice you are here capping. Please I’m begging now don’t be a SIMP.
You already know she’s dating you cus of your money. She never for once love you, explain to your parent I’m very sure they will understand.

Forget her and move on. There are many pretty ladies in the world.
Once again don’t be a Simp!
Your ex is a…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Anigreat: 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2022
shocked

I feel like flogging you so that evil spirit controlling you will leave that your body immediately.

First red flag that olosho shows that should've been I huge turn off to you was her not liking any of your family members including your mum.

It's your type that woman will control immediately the knot is being tight. She will give you some useless condition of her not wanting to see your family members in your house including your mum and you'll stupidly agrees because you love her and you want peace to reign.

You mum's prayer is working, your mum's prayer saved you from marrying such a devilish woman. Be grateful ...don't go back to her, let her go, she's evil.

Afterall, you're not losing anything, you've shagged that wide pussssy several times.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by heniford2: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mrfrank2001:
Good afternoon nairaland family, I just broke up with my fiancee or should I call it wife, because bride price has been paid.

I work with one of the leading beverage company as a manager and I earn good six digit monthly. I met my ex-wife in March 2021 during one of my visit in my location of coverage, Immediately we met, I told her that am not coming to date you, that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, which she agreed.

After our meeting, I went for 6months training in Senegal and returned back to Nigeria in October and I proceeded to do introduction and paid her bride price in November 2021. In all this, she has never visited my village due to her work and my busy schedule. Fast forward in December 2021, she visited my village and she never liked anyone in family apart from my mum. I love her so much that I have never questioned her actions or raised my voice or a finger at her no matter the provocation.

After she left my village on the 28 December, she sent me different kind of messages and even laid grave insults on me calling me a 15year old man that man family controls and she requested to see me, which I drove to her location the next day, paid for hotel and lodged.

When she came to my hotel room to spend the night with me so that we can trash out any issues about our marriage, that was when I noticed that her ex who has been abroad for more than seven years came back and they have even seen. My ex started telling me that we can only proceed to get married if I start making arrangements for us to relocate abroad immediately after our, which after much deliberation, I accepted for her to be happy. As a young man of 33years I have plots of land in a good site in the south but want to make it as a surprise for her. Just on the same day 29th December 2021 she told me that she has made enquiry about spouse visa via master's degree that the total amount is 6million naira, I told her that I don't have such money to spend for now, she now told me to fund her own travel since I have a good job than her so that I can join her after 1year, I said I can't and she called off the marriage, I didn't plead with her, but I gently left with my bags and drove back to my location.

My challenges now is that I love her so much and am also afraid how people will feel of I disclose that we are no longer together especially my dad and mum.

Please I need your advice as she has been calling me since yesterday but am still finding it difficult to move on.
Note that she never liked any of my friends too apart from the one that leaves in her city.
A bloody gold digger you intend to marry thank your star bro, go to ur ex Inlaw ask for the money which you have paid as her bridal price if they give u the money collect it and flee, go to a bear parlor take a chilled bear with fish pepper soup and wash it down delete every thing you have about her both pictures and etc reset your mindset and start afresh BRo!

Buh note as far as is in naija nothing like true love again and never make the mistake to be the one to be mad in love with a woman it should be the other way round a woman should be madly in love with u not u being madly in love with her life moves on...

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by stacyadams: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mrfrank2001:

........lol.....what's difficult in moving on..that girl no love u,na ur money she wants use go Yankee go fiock her ex....she called u a fifteen year old kid....it's good to have money and it's good to have OT...ur doing well for ur self,u don't let a poosay talk u down...and forget what people will say...

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by daddytime(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kai...

Such a lucky dude who still doesn't realise how lucky he truly was.

You better go collect your money from her people in case dem go see the money refund.

Na better one chance bus you been don put one leg....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
You dodged a bullet.

Do things that make you happy, journal, set some goals for yourself and work towards them, and exercise (exercise releases endorphins - aka. happiness hormones).

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by thorpido(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
No matter how much you love her,someone like her will give you heartaches if you ever marry her.The turmoil you'll have in your marriage will eclipse whatever fear you have now.Tell whoever you need to tell that's it's over.They will all accept with time.

Don't listen to whatever she has to say.That lady is a fair weather lady.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
Why are you desperate to get married? You barely even know this lady. She can sense your desperation that's why she is giving you terms and conditions.

Most importantly, what transpired in the village to warrant her sending you those insulting messages? I mean after she insulted you via text, she invited you to come meet her where she gave you an ultimatum you agreed to. What happened in the village? Seems she wants zero contact with your family members hence the relocation agenda. Just curiosu sha

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by BMathew: 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hmmmmn, Inside life
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by ibechris(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
If u sponsor that lady abroad,she will divorce u and marry her main boy friend.

See,u made a mistake.
Never u marry a woman without courting her and u the woman out there,never u agree to marry a man without courting.

Courtship is meant to expose flaws both the good, the bad and the unacceptable.

The earlier u leave that lady,the better it is for your family.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by ibechris(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
Sophiatheninth:
Why are you desperate to get married? You barely even know this lady. She can sense your desperation that's why she is giving you terms and conditions.

Most importantly, what transpired in the village to warrant her sending you those insulting messages? I mean after she insulted you via text, she invited you to come meet her where she gave you an ultimatum you agreed to. What happened in the village? Seems she wants zero contact with your family members hence the relocation agenda. Just curiosu sha

Her agenda may be to isolate this guy so as to travel quickly without anyone in the family coming in between them then, she would probably travel and hook up with her real man being the former boy friend which is still very much in her life.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Biglittlelois(f): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
It is very easy to spot and know a materialistic lady, they are easily swayed with money and status, but men will always be blind to notice it cos these ladies are flashy, and men love flashy sexy looking ladies, then you guys start to cry when reality sets in

Op your fiancée was easily swayed cos of her abroad ex she met, that is why she looked down on your family and had the boldness to call it off, her ex has deceived her, so move on, she is not for you.

Ladies, a man that loves his family will also love and accept your family, do same and enjoy your marriage in peace

P.S don't forget to collect your bride price, doesn't matter what your father, family or people will say, they will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
ibechris:

Her agenda may be to isolate this guy so as to travel quickly without anyone in the family coming in between them then, she would probably travel and hook up with her real man being the former boy friend which is still very much in her life.

I doubt. People don't usually think that far ahead.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by frozen70(f): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mrfrank2001:

You saw signs of a bad and poorly trained woman, Instead of you to use this opportunity to ask yourself if this woman came for marriage or she has a mission

She hates every one in the family but loves your mum because she dares not try to hate your mum, your mum will use wisdom to deflate her plans

The truth is that she doesn't love your mum, the position of your mum in her life will be revealed after the proper marriage

She wants to use you to relocate abroad and that's the end of your business with her

Why not cool down and study this woman to be sure that the characters she is changing to all the time is not because she like drams but that's just her character

You loved her so much, in that case you want to enslave your life all in the name of marriage

If you want to know the truth, all what you have told us here, call your family members and tell them, they will be the one to advise you better

Blind love have made people to make mistakes that can't realy be erased

Who cares about what people says, does that determines your happiness

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by copyrites: 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Just look at how you're allowing your woman to control you, your career plans, and your future. A woman you haven't even married fully. Ah.

My advice for you is to take her calls. Listen to what she has to say but never you move abroad under the conditions you have mentioned here.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Justkatty(f): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
But can't you see she's not into you? Someone you just complained of her visiting your family for the first time, and has started choosing who she likes!!
Like you rightly said, her ex is back and she has compared your both pocket�I think she has already made up her mind by following the ex this time around..

Ex wahala spoiling relationships since 18Bc
Op sorry about that just look for a place and relax your mind you'll be fine.

I keep saying this,money is unisex
If a man can make money, a woman too can aswell.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Foodqueen(f): 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
This op will still marry that lady and will be back here after 1 year to lament about his marriage.

Them no de hear word.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Rubbiish(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
God, who dey raise these kind of men!!
The post is appalling to say the least!
I have seen weak men, but this op's case is out of hand! Gosh!
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Mariangeles(f): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
You can only be truly happy if you never take her back.
A bride that is too quick to call off a marriage out of selfishness will never bring you happiness.
Sometimes, you have to make decisions that will break your heart, but give peace to your soul.
Don't be afraid, neither be ashamed to tell everyone the truth that the marriage is off.
You will be fine eventually.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by GboyegaD(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Oga, she's more interested in your money than she is in you.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Terry44: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
lipsrsealed

I'm certain you did all this under duress.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by flokii: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2022
Give it time, you'll be fine.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Kurtis02(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
That lady is a gold-digger, but I don't blame her at all. Proposing marriage at first sight, that shows you really desperate.

Fortunately for you, she's seen a bigger fish so it's best to let go.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by twosquare(m): 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
How will someone invite trouble into his life intentionally? Proverbs 27:12: A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
Mrfrank2001:

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by eyinjuege: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Run o....
Time heals all wounds, so your happiness will surely come back. Just give yourself time to heal.
Avoid any contact with her and let your parents know that it is off. Ask them to go collect back the bride price if necessary
You will cry hot tears if you somehow go ahead with the marriage.
You're just a means to an end.
Don't give anyone so much power over you that your happiness will lie in their hands.
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Richy4(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
If u were my kid brother, I will tell u that your Psalm 23 was really working...

Goodness and Mercy has followed you all the 33yrs of your life and extricated you from the shadow of death and you were not happy?...

Chai... Imagine funding her stay abroad and one day u woke up with an SMS that it was over... U would have committed suicide the way u were carrying on with your blind love...

Please do not think about what people might say based on what happened.... And please in future, stop the madness of telling a total stranger that u want to marry her within 2 market weeks of meeting her.. who does that?.... Is that a new pick up line nowadays?.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by Funkybabee(f): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Love wan tin Tim

I pity you
Re: What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back. by StoicAdvisor: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
1. Proposal-on-first-date is desperation. You don't do that. That was your first mistake. You don't propose to a lady without testing her virtue. You followed your feelings without having a strong control of the self. It's a disastrous traits for a man. If you had controlled yourself and just give her time, she would have exposed herself and you won't go this far emotionally.

2. I know you must have minimised everything you've done for her, from spending and tolerating her excesses and she has gone too far this time hence your post, but you'll make it even worse if you accept her back, go back to her, or continue having her in your life. If you think you're pain, a greater pain would be to send her abroad while you stay here in Nigeria. It would be hell on earth. Don't try it. A girl disliking all your friends and need 6M from you is a really bad omen.

3. Learn to live for yourself, follow your inner conviction and be less influenced by the external. Its a recipe for evalasting peace. Who cares what the world think? A lady that reigns insult on you, undermining your masculinity, and have planned out her life while you bear the liability is not someone you fight for, or miss, or love. Let the people that will criticise you marry her. It's as simple as that.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal / I Am Confused � / See How I Clean Off Toxins From My Body System Regularly (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.