Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) (1164 Views)

Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted / Praise' Wife Is Older Than Him, She's 60 Something - Brighto / Should I Get This TV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by olioxx(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
I was intrigued when I saw this Television, it reminds me of the 1950s.
My Grand Father bought this TV set in his 50s, and then my Father inherited it(lol), and here I am I might keep this for future purpose.
To those that grew up using this kind of TV what was it like?
I am part of the indomie generation so I am not really familiar with it, I grew up with the colored TV and by extension LED TVs.

1st Image: Front View of the TV.
2nd Image: Anterior view of the TV
3rd Image: Posterior view of the TV(Notice the model and energy rating).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by funshint(m): 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2022
You go dust am because of nation's cup abi. wink
Abeg na who sabi free to air TV app person fit download for phone? Like something that won't use data.
Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by EmptyGarden(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
This one reach 14 inches so? To tell you the truth, it looks quite modern compared to what we used back then.

2 Likes

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by olioxx(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
funshint:
You go dust am because of nation's cup abi. wink
Abeg na who sabi free to air TV app person fit download for phone? Like something that won't use data.
The Nations Cup nor really dey freak me jare.

EmptyGarden:
This one reach 14 inches so? To tell you the truth, it looks quite modern compared to what we used back then.

Really Yeah right I think the first set where this giant box, but then again I don't really know much about black and white TV.

BlackXabbath:
I think this were the newer versions by then, ours comes with this wooden cabinet that serves as the stand.
Waoh interesting.

PlayerMeji:
You didn't state whether it was working or not
Yes it worked, but then the display was blurish. I tried twinning the antenna still same thing.
Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by dimexy247(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
Correct grin

1 Like

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by onlinetomola(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Well, I can tell you little about this TV. First you must have to get a bamboo tree with 5 lit keg with a used flourecent long bulb to build the external antenna. After that you ask your sibling to stay inside and you stay outside turning the bamboo tree while your sibling tells you if it's bringing picture or not. If you are lucky enough then you should be able to get NTA Ibadan or your state TV station. But the TV stations comes air not untill 4PM Monday to Friday and 12noon Saturday and Sunday. Once it's 4pm, the station comes up with a very annoying whistle noice which you must quickly lover the volume. Once it's 9pm, you dad takes over the sitting to watch NTA news then it ends 10:pm and your dad goes to bed then you takes over the sitting room to watch either Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee Movie till 12pm. grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by PlayerMeji: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
You didn't state whether it was working or not

1 Like

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by BlackXabbath(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
I think this were the newer versions by then, ours comes with this wooden cabinet that serves as the stand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by joinnow: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
olioxx:
My Grand Father bought this TV set in his 50s, and then my Father inherited it(lol), and here I am I might keep this for future purpose.
I am part of the indomie generation so I am not really familiar with it, I grew up with the colored TV and by extension LED TVs.

Op buy razor blade and place on the tube if it's gum then you don't hit gold mine. And you go settle me 10%
One Nairalander will buy it.
Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by meobizy(f): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kai, God, these children of Nairaland always quick to throw insults.
Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
olioxx:

Hahaha this na real antique, you must hit this TV for the pictures to be stable, nice one grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
BlackXabbath:

Our landlord then had this tv, grin grin
Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
onlinetomola:
Well, I can tell you little about this TV. First you must have to get a bamboo tree with 5 lit keg with a used flourecent long bulb to build the external antenna. After that you ask your sibling to stay inside and you stay outside turning the bamboo tree while your sibling tells you if it's bringing picture or not. If you are lucky enough then you should be able to get NTA Ibadan or your state TV station. But the TV stations comes air not untill 4PM Monday to Friday and 12noon Saturday and Sunday. Once it's 4pm, the station comes up with a very annoying whistle noice which you must quickly lover the volume. Once it's 9pm, you dad takes over the sitting to watch NTA news then it ends 10:pm and your dad goes to bed then you takes over the sitting room to watch either Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee Movie till 12pm. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by Freestainworld(m): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
olioxx:

I am lucky to be among those born in the era of black and white television, then my dad will use one coloured television screen cover to convert our honourable black and white to coloured TV, old memories never dies.

1 Like

Re: This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) by Officialhorlah(m): 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
Call this niqqa grin grin grin

"Ade E Show"
"Enl Never Show oo"
"Oti Clear Oti Clear"
"Klebo" grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

24: The Craziest Tv Series Ever / My Video Showreel - Villageboi / Watch Omotola's New Reality Show ''the Real Me'' Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.