Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Should I Get This TV? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Should I Get This TV? (9740 Views)

Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted / This TV Set Is 26.3 Years Older Than Me. (photos) / Which Popular Program Or TV Series Did You Watch With This TV? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get This TV? by Afikoo: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Saw this on Jumia. The reviews was good. Said it has free to Air Stations without using Decoder.

Please who has use it before . Cos I want to order for it

1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by seanwilliam(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
Go for popular product to avoid story that touches

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Edopesin: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
to avoid stories I'd advise you to buy directly from shops instead of jumia

7 Likes

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Norman4real(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
720p on a 43 inch TV is not good. Rather use that money and get a 32 inch hisense.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Afikoo:
Saw this on Jumia. The reviews was good. Said it has free to Air Stations without using Decoder.

FTA channels? thats a scam, unless it has built in decoder and comes with a dish.

Go for popular and reputable brands like LG or Samsung. but if you are on a tight budget, then you can try Hisense.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Flytime: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Afikoo:

the deal looks too good to be true
Re: Should I Get This TV? by D4donnn: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
I'll recommend you get one of the llyoyds tv , similar size goes for 43 inches and it's about 55k as of today . There's nothing wrong in trying new brands especially with an active return policy . Though I haven't used it but the comments from those who have seems quite positive . And it's actually 1080p

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Afikoo:

Get it bro. And, it's actually 1080p not 720p. Dunno why they wrote that rubbish there. I've gotten it for friends and family, tho I'm currently using the 32 inches which I'm about to sell and purchase this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Rayd502(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

Get it bro. And, it's actually 1080p not 720p. Dunno why they wrote that rubbish there. I've gotten it for friends and family, tho I'm currently using the 32 inches which I'm about to sell and purchase this one.

Check my posts for more info.

Does it have free to air stations like the Op stated?
Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

FTA channels? thats a scam, unless it has built in decoder and comes with a dish.

Go for popular and reputable brands like LG or Samsung. but if you are on a tight budget, then you can try Hisense.

The way you guys rush to mention scam on things you know nothing about is very funny. Let me drop some pictures for you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rayd502:

Does it have free to air stations like the Op stated?

Check my next post
Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

The way you guys rush to mention scam on things you know nothing about is very funny. Let me drop some pictures for you.

The pictures are blurred because I resized them, plus nairaland reduced the quality. Nasco tv is actually great. No regrets at all.

Op I advice you buy it, as that is not the real price but jumia is doing anniversary promo. It's a steal for this current price.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Playermayweda(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nasco the people that made naija cornflakes
Re: Should I Get This TV? by Rayd502(m): 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

Wow I am impressed...
Re: Should I Get This TV? by Rayd502(m): 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

The pictures are blurred because I resized them, plus nairaland reduced the quality. Nasco tv is actually great. No regrets at all.

Op I advice you buy it, as that is not the real price but jumia is doing anniversary promo. It's a steal for this current price.

Like approximately how many FTA channels does it have?
Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rayd502:

Like approximately how many FTA channels does it have?

There's no approximation. It's up to you and your installer. Wherever you face your dish will determine the number of channels you will get. You don't need decoder, just a dish and wire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

That TV inbuilt FTA will not work here because we do not have DVB-T in Nigeria yet. all our local terrestrial broadcast are still analogue. The only way we can watch DVB in Nigeria is through the use of decoder + Satellite dish or through the internet.

update
i saw where you talked about dish above, meaning the inbuilt decoder is real. but i still maintain that he doesn't buy that TV to avoid stories that touch. He should go for reputable brands like LG or Samsung.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

That TV inbuilt FTA will not work here because we do not have DVB-T in Nigeria yet. all our local terrestrial broadcast are still analogue. The only way we can watch DVB in Nigeria is through the use of decoder + Satellite dish or through the internet.

i still maintain that he doesn't buy that TV to avoid stories that touch. He should get LG or Samsung.

Your ignorance is so annoying. I guess I'm using magic mirror to get the channels I'm getting. The TV comes with inbuilt satellite decoder, so getting sat channels is so easy.

Any dstv installer in Nigeria will scan and get those channels with ease. If you're in Lagos, message me and I will hook you up with installers.

Check this 2018 thread and tell me it's fake too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4537023/ever-heard-nasco-tv-not

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

Your ignorance is so annoying. I guess I'm using magic mirror to get the channels I'm getting. The TV comes with inbuilt satellite decoder, so getting sat channels is so easy.

Any dstv installer in Nigeria will scan and get those channels with ease. If you're in Lagos, message me and I will hook you up with installers.

Check this 2018 thread and tell me it's fake too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4537023/ever-heard-nasco-tv-not

i have updated my earlier response. .but i dont know why you are canvassing aggressively for this nasco bullshit. are you their marketer

1 Like

Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

i have updated my earlier response. .but i dont know why you are canvassing aggressively for this nasco bullshit. are you their marketer

Before this gets to the insult stage, I beg to take my leave. This is my last response to you.

Op, do what you think is best. Anyone out there thinking the same as op, I just gave a free user review. Thanks.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Kunja2: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
G. You can try buying that TV, but bear in kind that reviews can be bought. I'll advice you don't carry cash around while buying, so since you're buying from jumia, try having a Gtbank account so you can do seamless card transactions. It's *737#
Re: Should I Get This TV? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
[s]
nonny400:

Before this gets to the insult stage, I beg to take my leave. This is my last response to you.

Op, do what you think is best. Anyone out there thinking the same as op, I just gave a free user review. Thanks.
[/s]

Rubbish! i give that piece of crap 1 or 2yrs max and it will stop working. you think LG, Samsung and other reputable brands are expensive for no reason? it is because you will get value for your money..

1 Like

Re: Should I Get This TV? by JFT24(m): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

Rubbish! i give that piece of crap 1 or 2yrs max and it will stop working. you think LG, Samsung and other reputable brands are expensive for no reason? it is because you will get value for your money..

LG n Samsung started from somewhere.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by overdrive(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
JFT24:

LG n Samsung started from somewhere.

Help me tell him!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by edrys(m): 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
@Op. This was how I was confused 5 years ago when I wanted to buy Polystar smart tv. I never regretted buying the TV, at a point I was enjoying free GOTV channels grin. Don't break the bank if you can't afford the major brands now. I am also planning on getting a smart TV with DVB - S. Because the Polystar TV only comes with DVB-T2, DVB-C.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Slynation(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

There's no approximation. It's up to you and your installer. Wherever you face your dish will determine the number of channels you will get. You don't need decoder, just a dish and wire.

Bro please do they have sports channels on the tv??
Re: Should I Get This TV? by Ilefoaye(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
edrys:
@Op. This was how I was confused 5 years ago when I wanted to buy Polystar smart tv. I never regretted buying the TV, at a point I was enjoying free GOTV channels grin. Don't break the bank if you can't afford the major brands now. I am also planning on getting a smart TV with DVB - S. Because the Polystar TV only comes with DVB-T2, DVB-C.
also enjoying my Polystar Smart TV since 2017.
even I don sell more than 8 pieces for here. u can check my signature.
Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Slynation:

Bro please do they have sports channels on the tv??

From my polarity, no. I doubt you will see European games on free to air channels, but I don't know about other continents. Just tell your installer what you want.

I prefer movies, so I set it to somewhere that shows movies.
Re: Should I Get This TV? by shachris02: 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

You are quite naive. What they sell is just the brand name. I've been using my TLC for 4 years no issues. Don't let these brands deceive you. Na the same parts all of them dey use.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get This TV? by Slynation(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
nonny400:

From my polarity, no. I doubt you will see European games on free to air channels, but I don't know about other continents. Just tell your installer what you want.

I prefer movies, so I set it to somewhere that shows movies.
Thanks bro....

1 Like

Re: Should I Get This TV? by nonny400(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Slynation:

Thanks bro....

You're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Owns DSTV / PHOTOS: The Premiere Of Banky W’s “the Music Film Experience” / BBNaija All Stars: "I Dreamt Liquorose, Tacha, Erica, Joined The House" – Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.