Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

How To Remove Acne Scars And Improve Your Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Remove Acne Scars And Improve Your Skin (6112 Views)

Neo Medrol Acne Lotion Review / Even Your Skin Tone If You Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Acne Scars And Improve Your Skin by daymorela(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
When you stare at yourself in the mirror, how does your skin complexion appeared to you? Does your skin tone need a little maintenance, or maybe you have acne blemishes from the past rearing their ugly head again. The good news is there are ways to remove acne scars and improve your skins complexion the same time.

Scars left behind from bad acne, especially on your face, are a terrible thing to have to live with. Fortunately, people are successfully removing acne scars every single day of the week. There are a variety of spa treatments, cosmetic procedures, high-tech lasers, or even simple creams that can help anyone remove the damaging scarring the acne has left behind. You simply need to choose the best method that is going to fit your personal lifestyle and budget.

Laser Treatments For Removing Acne Scars
Of all the methods for removing acne scars, laser treatments are one of the most popular. This treatment is particularly popular with people that have facial scars from acne which have been with them for years. This type of scar removal treatment is usually done by licensed dermatologist. Your dermatologist will usually call you when for an initial assessment of your skin condition. After this is done, she will clearly lay out the options you have for removing acne scars. Although this type of treatment is extremely effective, it can also be rather expensive so it is a good idea to get a quote before you begin any laser treatment.

Mederma For All Your Scars
Another very popular treatment for scars caused by acne is a product called Mederma. This is a relatively inexpensive scar removal solution that can be found at most drugstores. It is usually sold as a topical gel that needs to be applied directly on the scarred skin up to three times each day. Mederma not only works for acne scars, but it will work for any type of scarring that you have on your skin. However, don't expect this to be a miracle cream. It will make the scar less noticeable, but it will not completely remove medium or severe scarring.

Microderm Abrasion To Remove Acne Scars
The final treatment you may want to consider is called Microderm Abrasion. This is generally used for people that have facial scars form bad acne. This type of scar removal treatment can be performed at your local spot or by or licensed dermatologist. It's a fairly simple treatment and much less expensive than laser treatments. The person performing this will move a high tech device over your skin that very quickly exfoliates the surface of your skin with tiny sand like particles. These particles cause the epidermal layer of your skin to exfoliate and allow the fresh skin underneath to form.As you can see, learning how to remove acne scars and improve your skin at the same time is something anyone can accomplish. Just follow the suggestions above and you can't go wrong.
Re: How To Remove Acne Scars And Improve Your Skin by Efehiaea(f): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
Thanks 4 d info. But i have 2 ask, is there any treatment for blackspot on the legs. I had them while growing up from chicken pox n rashes that just sprung up but the scars are still on my legs till today n i find it hard to wear anything short.
I also have acne scars but i feel they wont clear off since d ones on my legs have been there for years, how much more d one on d face
Re: How To Remove Acne Scars And Improve Your Skin by Youngk(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2012
@ all contributors ,thanks so much,i will kip you guys posted

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Of Optometry / Effective Way To Get Rid Of Your Keloid / COVID-19 Update For March 20 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.