Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health (686 Views)

Black Soot: They Have Returned With A New Strategy And In Full Force! / Black Soot: Checkout Elelenwo, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos) / Black Soot: What My Ceiling Fan In Port Harcourt Looks Like (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Googledotcom: 5:15am On Jan 09, 2022
I have been having blocked nose or rather, nasal congestion for the past two years. Each time I blow my nose, all I see is black substance which the ENT doctors confirmed it's black soot.

I've used lots of nasal sprays and taken all kinds of oral medication with no effect. Of course, how will the drugs work when I'm still inhaling the same substance everyday?

These are photos of what I saw after washing my curtains and bedsheet early this month when I returned from the Yulutide less than seven days that I traveled.

Black soot has been the cause of my continuous blocked nose and it's even worst at night. When I thought I needed a little bit of ventilation, I won't be able to breath, and when the windows are shut, it still finds it way inside.

#BlackSootIsReal

Mods please help do the needful

They are killing us in Port Harcourt.

Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by 4ckyou: 5:30am On Jan 09, 2022
you better relocate to a safe place

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Jakumo(m): 6:04am On Jan 09, 2022
4ckyou:
you better relocate to a safe place

Living with such heavy air pollution can certainly reduce a human lifespan by decades. Anyone who can make a living outside the affected area of Port Harcourt and its environs, ought to depart at the soonest opportunity for the sake of their health and longevity.

The gas flaring and illegal oil refineries in that area are unlikely to stop generating that awful poison anytime soon, so evacuation is a far more practical option than staying put and complaining.
Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by muheeb01(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2022
I'll advise you to keep using doubled or tripled nose mask if possible and get a better potent lungs herbal flusher that will clean your lungs and system,suitable for smokers too,and protect your lungs....or better still relocate....This is very dangerous to your health
Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Kankanio: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2022
I’ve been battling with respiratory issues since July, 2021. I used to go out to run in the early hours not knowing the black soot was gradually causing harm to my respiratory system.

I woke up on January 4 and noticed the mosquito net I sleep under was not looking white. I rubbed my palm on it and you’ll be amazed at what I saw. My palm was black. Attached is a picture I took on January 4th. All doors and windows closed just so you know.

There’s no way that net would have been able to trap all the soot meaning I have still been inhaling it.

I mop my floors everyday, I can’t go bare feet so I’m either on stockings or have slippers on. Hanging of clothes outside is a wrong move. Leaving of doors and Windows open is highly not advised.

I feel for my kids because they have to keep inhaling this thing. I had to send them to Uyo during the holidays. They came back yesterday because schools resume tomorrow. My older daughter started sneezing shortly after she came into Port Harcourt meaning the she’s already reacting to the bad air.

Residents are slowly dying and something needs to be done urgently.

Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Jakumo(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2022
Kankanio:
I’ve been battling with respiratory issues since July, 2021. I used to go out to run in the early hours not knowing the black soot was gradually causing harm to my respiratory system.

I woke up on January 4 and noticed the mosquito net I sleep under was not looking white. I rubbed my palm on it and you’ll be amazed at what I saw. My palm was black. Attached is a picture I took on January 4th. All doors and windows closed just so you know.

There’s no way that net would have been able to trap all the soot meaning I have still been inhaling it.

I mop my floors everyday, I can’t go bare feet so I’m either on stockings or have slippers on. Hanging of clothes outside is a wrong move. Leaving of doors and Windows open is highly not advised.

I feel for my kids because they have to keep inhaling this thing. I had to send them to Uyo during the holidays. They came back yesterday because schools resume tomorrow. My older daughter started sneezing shortly after she came into Port Harcourt meaning the she’s already reacting to the bad air.

A slow and methodical genocide is taking place in Port Harcourt.

Where are the WHO and other international agencies as this public health calamity is unfolding in Port Harcourt?

Why is flaring of valuable cooking gas STILL the normal practice, when that gas could be sold for profit to preserve Nigeria's forests from firewood bandits who destroy trees to produce charcoal and firewood because cooking gas is so costly?

Why are the Niger Delta inhabitants so disenfranchised by the oil companies that extract billions of dollars continuously over decades from that area, yet only hire foreign workers or those from "favored" tribes who are deemed at the federal level to be "more equal than others"?

E get as e be o.
Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by otokx(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2022
This pollution is not caused by gas flaring but by the illegal refining happening in many areas in Rivers State.
Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Googledotcom: 11:21am On Jan 09, 2022
muheeb01:
I'll advise you to keep using doubled or tripled nose mask if possible and get a better potent lungs herbal flusher that will clean your lungs and system,suitable for smokers too,and protect your lungs....or better still relocate....This is very dangerous to your health
I'll consider this, I now wear nose mask at bed time. I'm thinking of buying a nose filter soon.
Re: Black Soot Already Taking A Toll On My Health by Googledotcom: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2022
Kankanio:

Same experience here sir, I wash my mosquito net almost everyday. I now put on nose mask 24/7 including bed time. The only time I regained myself a little was when I traveled for the Yulutide.

I cough, sneeze and clear my throat every minute. I had to go for a face scan at orange clinic close to UPTH when the doctors adviced.

Even when heat is killing me, I'll rather leave the windows shut. It's not funny at all.

(1) (Reply)

Please Be Careful, What I Found In Unopened 5alive Pulpy Orange / How Much Is HIV Self Testing Kit And How Effect Is It. / My Teeth Bleeds Blood Whenever I Brush!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.