Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) (1404 Views)

Calabar Boat Mishap: 3 Missing Medical Students Confirmed Dead / Helicopter Carrying Top Politicians Crashes In Brazil (video) / 3 Missing Men Rescued From Pacific Island After Writing Giant SOS In Sand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Explorers(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2022
At least seven people have died and nine were seriously injured after part of a canyon collapsed on top of two boats carrying tourists at a popular sightseeing spot in southeast Brazil.

Authorities said three people were still missing after others feared lost were located by telephone.

The collapse took place near a picturesque waterfall in a canyon located near the popular tourist village of Capitolio, in the southeast of Brazil, on Saturday.

Dramatic footage captured the moment a huge slice of the rock wall broke off from the canyon and began to slowly fall forward on top of two tourist boats.

Passengers can be heard screaming as the cliffside crashed directly on one of the boats, engulfing the other nearby ship and sending waves and debris flying to the other vessels touring the area.

Authorities said at least 32 people have been taken to hospital and nine are still recovering from serious injuries.

The people hospitalized in the accident had broken bones and one was in serious condition in hospital with head and facial injuries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10382473/Brazilian-canyon-collapses-boats-killing-five-injuring-nine-leaving-20-missing.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKBBSrDhL0
Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Explorers(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2022
The tourists boats were heard screaming and warning each other about the dangers at the cliff as rocks began falling off.

Some boats can be seen speeding away from the danger zone but two boats were still close to the cliffside when it came down.

Photos:

Minas Gerais Fire Department during the rescue effort on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqV5Qw-SIQ

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Brainard22: 11:23am On Jan 09, 2022
Watched it on IG it was horrible

Imagine using your money to pay for cruise boat then one rock kills you cry

6 Likes

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2022
God help us not to be at the right place at the wrong time .

Nature happened..

Rip to the death

1 Like

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by DenreleDave(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2022
Jesus.......

Reason notin will ever make me use canoe or boat for any journey in my life......
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by chatinent: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2022
Oh no...
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Anigreat: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2022
shocked

Everyday we're faced with different things that can terminate our lives ,but it's through the love God and his mercies we are saved.
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by chatinent: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2022
DenreleDave:
Jesus.......

Reason notin will ever make me use canoe or boat for any journey in my life......

Even cars somersault, chief.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Wawelexy(m): 11:33am On Jan 09, 2022
DenreleDave:
Jesus.......

Even if u sleep on ur bed, roof still fit fall on u.... Only God protects..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by ednut1(m): 11:36am On Jan 09, 2022
Imagine going on vacation and coming back in a body bag.sad
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by daresma77: 11:39am On Jan 09, 2022
May the Soul of the Departed Rest in peace
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by ugwumichael(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hmmmm from vacation to the journey beyond return.
May their souls rest in peace
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Tinyemeka(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Honestly there was ample warning before that cliff face collapsed.

The boat drivers should have cleared from the area when those rock pieces started falling off.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by iamoyindamola(m): 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2022
What a traumatic way to die
Rip to them
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by maxdozie(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
The cliff gave signs. The drivers had the chance of leaving the whatever! But they stood their making a video

1 Like

Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Samishiba: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tinyemeka:
Honestly there was ample warning before that cliff face collapsed.

The boat drivers should have cleared from the area when those rock pieces started falling off.

Some people trying warn them. I don't know that the victims don't hear or ignore.
Translation
Get out of there the rock will fall. Oh my god the rock is falling. They scream get out of there it's going to fall... get out of there it's going to fall...
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFTzyOIt65s [/youtube]
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Explorers(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
maxdozie:
The cliff gave signs. The drivers had the chance of leaving the whatever! But they stood their making a video

They had like 30 seconds to start their boat and speed off.
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Felabrity: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
Village people hand work
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Tinyemeka(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
Samishiba:

Some people trying warn them. I don't know that the victims don't hear or ignore.
Translation
Get out of there the rock will fall. Oh my god the rock is falling. They scream get out of there it's going to fall... get out of there it's going to fall...
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFTzyOIt65s [/youtube]

Oh my God!
They definitely ignored the warnings and calls to leave that area.
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by Henix(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
ublight
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nature is very scary sometimes.
Re: 7 Dead, 3 Missing As Giant Cliff Collapse On Tourist Boats In Brazil(Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
DenreleDave:
Jesus.......

You never liked water.
If you should fear anything because of this,, it should be Rocks and Mountains.
Not Boat and Canoes

(1) (Reply)

Playing Loud Music In Your Car Is Normal In Brazil (photos) / Fly Qatar To Dubai At The Cheapest Rate / kk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.