Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging (71974 Views)

I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
Because it is not an ideal world I should become a nuisance and go on a rampage ? I will have to wait for an ideal world to be sensible and be good to myself and others. I can't say it clearly enough, I don't care what religion is right or wrong . Just respect other's beliefs that aren't yours.

See ehn. Kobo, I'm done with this convo. Please do yourself the favour of having an open mind
You want to argue the human angle to things but seem unwilling to accept all of it now, aren't you. undecided

You can't go around imposing your views and ideals on others no matter how 'right' it may seem ... that is the long and short of this. If you feel disrespected yet no crime has been committed, you dust your sandals and move on. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Playermayweda(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
killyaselfie:
She has offended their white god and the magical white pussy he came out of. Take cover!

Typical, This comment reeks of lack of education, must you insult other's belief just because you don't share them, you don't believe in Christianity, I don't have a problem with that, but making fun of it in such a stupid way shows you are really not smart undecided undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

In as much as you are not Catholic, I have a question for you... What does the cross of Christ signifies? If you know the answer as a Christian then you will know that what this lady just deed is blasphemous

Only Catholics will feel enraged at this picture, and I'm sure you're one. Not all Christians worship or use the cross in their worship to God.

Infact, some Christians view the cross or the use of images as IDOLATRY. What the lady carried has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ or his blood sacrifice.

It only seems like blasphemy to you because you have continued to use carved images from wood, stone and clay as a physical representative or a channel to worship God
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Nten: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Elidrisy20:
why bringing prophet Mohammed in this matter, stop making example with him, she's a Christian
What I meant is u can't joke with our prophet Mohammed (SAW) like that na
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by galaxy2020(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
She can't try it with her own religion of piss, that's why she went for a peaceful religion.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by monex(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
02Kebreal:
They are trying to put the blame on Muslims and Islam here calling the lady a Muslim.
Nairaland Christians and hypocrisy.
This is obviously a Christian showing her love for the Christian god and their Mary.
Now they r trying to call her Muslim.
No Muslim lady will do this for whatever reason.
Most of the problems this country is faced with today are caused by Christians and their intolerance and blame games.
Nonsense!
Shebi when Hisbah and other Muslim communities rise against anyone that tries to blaspheme Islam U guys will begin to shout Muslims are terrorists.

she is actually muslim. the difference is that Christians are not advocating that she be killed unlike radical muslims
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by monex(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
franchasng:
Only foolish Christians fight physically for Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is not Prophet Mohammed that need Muslim mobs to fight for him or to defend him when people ridicule His name or image.

Remember when Christ was to be killed, Simon Peter used a sword to chop off one of the killer mobs ears, Jesus warned him and instantly healed the man's ear and said, those that kill by sword shall die by sword.

Jesus Christ does not need any man to fight or defend him, He is supreme and can defend his cause.

His battle is not physical but spiritual. So dear Christians leave the lady alone, the battle is between she and her maker.

fighting/killing her is different from admonishing her
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by monex(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lordedifice1:
Jesus is not on the cross
That's not Jesus
It's just a picture
The real Jesus is in your heart

many Christian denominations (just like Muslims) believe in symbolism (what the object represents rather than the object itself). hence they will consider a disrespect to the symbol to be a disrespect to what it represents. It is quite charitable to respect their belief system.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
monex:
Jesus Christ tells you it is sin to admonish her - Matthew 5 vs 21 -22 undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by franchasng: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
monex:

You don't need to. Christianity is not Islam where worshippers fight for their god abi prophet
I
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You want to argue the human angle to things but seem unwilling to accept all of it now, aren't you. undecided

You can't go around imposing your views and ideals on others no matter how 'right' it may seem ... that is the long and short of this. If you feel disrespected yet no crime has been committed, you dust your sandals and move on. undecided

When did I try to impose a view on you ?

Don't desecrate other people's religion. As simple as A B C.

I think you are just doing this on purpose. You enjoy this .
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
When did I try to impose a view on you ?
Don't desecrate other people's religion. As simple as A B C.
I think you are just doing this on purpose. You enjoy this .
So long as these rules you claim aren't written in stone or enforced by any legal organization, people are free to do as they choose. undecided

It is then up to you to react as you will. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So long as these rules you claim aren't written in stone or enforced by any legal organization, people are free to do as they choose. undecided

It is then up to you to react as you
will. undecided

So people react with violence right? Okay that is how you think. No problem
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
So people react with violence right? Okay that is how you think. No problem
And when they do, hopefully the law is on hand to exert equal measure of punishment. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by promisedeco(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If the Pagans are incensed by it, let them speak up. Last I checked, pagans rarely get incensed about such things instead they celebrate such exposure given of their beliefs. undecided
Sorry for wasting my time with you. I thought I was having a conservation with an intelligence person.

Bye

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
promisedeco:

Sorry for wasting my time with you. I thought I was having a conservation with an intelligence person. Bye
And let me guess, your idea of an intelligent person would be one unnecessarily inflamed by the antics of another who hasn't even broken any laws by this? undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And when they do, hopefully the law is on hand to exert equal measure of punishment. undecided

How often has the law come to help?
The French teacher that was killed.
Charlie hebdo... .

We will wait until people die before we exact equal measurement of punishment.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
How often has the law come to help?
The French teacher that was killed.
Charlie hebdo... .
We will wait until people die before we exact equal measurement of punishment.
I am not in France myself, but every single time a one has reacted violently, the law has taken it up to seek justice on behalf of the victims, dead or alive, here. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not in France myself, but every single time a one has reacted violently, the law has taken it up to seek justice on behalf of the victims, dead or alive, here. undecided

You are not in Nigeria either.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
You are not in Nigeria either.
Neither is France in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Neither is France in Nigeria. undecided
Kobojunkie:

The law could prosecute one person that started it. But can't atone for the lives lost during a riot .

Kobo... open your mind. Don't try to fight everything. Just relax and think it through
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
The law could prosecute one person that started it. But can't atone for the lives lost during a riot .
Kobo... open your mind. Don't try to fight everything. Just relax and think it through
Recall earlier I had mentioned how we don't live in an ideal world? undecided

Also recall how I had also mentioned how the law can only prosecute that which it has power to? undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by promisedeco(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And let me guess, your idea of an intelligent person would be one unnecessarily inflamed by the antics of another who hasn't even broken any laws by this? undecided

Did they request for her arrest?
Did they say it's illegal?

So, where is the law thing coming from undecided like I said you're unintelligent
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by dollytino4real(f): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
sinkhole:
What does she believe?
She is a Muslim and definitely mocking Christianity.
If a Christian does this, won't MURIC and the rest of them be out with guns and bombs by now, and there would have been protest all over the Islamic world!
ok really! I thought she is a Christian o!
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by monex(m): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ tells you it is sin to admonish her - Matthew 5 vs 21 -22 undecided

I agree because she is Muslim.

if she were Christian, admonishing (warning her of the inherent evil) her will not be out of place
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2022
monex:
I agree because she is Muslim.

if she were Christian, admonishing (warning her of the inherent evil) her will not be out of place
Admonish her for what exactly? Jesus Christ no send you at all so I am not Eve certain what you think you are to admonish her for. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Depsui(m): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2022
Tennessee85:
Jesus never existed, grow up.

Is it Christianity you hate or christians?
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Depsui(m): 10:21am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is in fact no law that states you must respect the belief of others. However we as humans try as much as possible to accord that respect every much we can. However, where we find those who refuse to, we have no right to impose on them that which they refuse. undecided

You have to respect other people's religious belief. Nothing will happen to her. But in another religion, it might lead to bloodshed. It's good to make her know that was she did isn't cool
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2022
Depsui:
You have to respect other people's religious belief. Nothing will happen to her. But in another religion, it might lead to bloodshed. It's good to make her know that was she did isn't cool
Again, there are no laws that stipulate these things and in Christianity, you are given no authority by God to attempt to police such things in His name.. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Depsui(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, there are no laws that stipulate these things and in Christianity, you are given no authority by God to attempt to police such things in His name.. undecided

As a Christian, you're an agent of peace and war. If you see a behavior that can lead to bloodshed, it's your responsibility to rebuke it if possible.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
Depsui:
As a Christian, you're an agent of peace and war. If you see a behavior that can lead to bloodshed, it's your responsibility to rebuke it if possible.
I am not an agent of war as a Christian. This because Jesus Christ outright decreed that where His name is concerned

■ it is sin to be angry at others
■ it is sin to defend self
■ it is sin to hate even my enemies

My one and only responsibility is to obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by MrSly(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am "holier" than you is what matters. undecided
You are already declaring yourself holier than others. I have seen how holy you are. St Holinweje.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand / What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Paul Enenche's Glory Dome In Abuja To Be Dedicated On Saturday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.