Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard (3025 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by pointblank247(m): 3:51am On Jan 10, 2022
For me they are just so many maaad, funny, crazy names in all the Nigerian and foreign languages. Lets bring them out and if its not English, please explain the meaning.
Check out some I've heard with more updates please later;-

Winterbottom
Kettle
Sands
Longhead

Etc
Please lets have yours

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by GorillaApp(m): 4:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Bush

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by matrix199(m): 4:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Drinkwater.

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 10, 2022
kukah...because the Hausa people use Kukah leaves to make stew

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Mcreloaded(m): 5:11am On Jan 10, 2022
Shokolokobamgboshe.
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by jeffizy(m): 5:35am On Jan 10, 2022
Apaokagi (Hand cannot uproot a tree)

Kannike (channel)

Asubiojo (cloudy like rain).

Orukotan (name has finished)

All these names belonged to my teachers while I was schooling in Ilorin. grin

Kwara state got names enh...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Kingpin1000: 6:36am On Jan 10, 2022
Butt
Van hennegor of hesselink
Dry gin

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2022
Mcreloaded:
Shokolokobamgboshe.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Donbunchis: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Ola n'iyi =olaniyi

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by phemmyfour: 7:57am On Jan 10, 2022
Papastathopoulos
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by pointblank247(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2022
Semo
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by pointblank247(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
Mcreloaded:
Shokolokobamgboshe.
abeg na who dey answer this kind name

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by pointblank247(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2022
Donbunchis:
Ola n'iyi =olaniyi
grin olaniyi as igbo name is mad but as Yoruba name, I don't think it's strange.

3 Likes

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Ayojideonline(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Stone grin
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Ayojideonline(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2022
jeffizy:
Apaokagi (Hand cannot uproot a tree)

Kannike (channel)

Asubiojo (cloudy like rain).

Orukotan (name has finished)

All these names belonged to my teachers while I was schooling in Ilorin. grin

Kwara state got names enh...

You should try Kogi state Yoruba names ...... grin
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by bigdaddyhech: 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Idongesit
Father
Okpalaoka
Achimugu
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by bigdaddyhech: 8:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Burpon
Zinghur
Gbachack
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by fattprince(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Longstaff
Mann
Friend
Black
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Longstaff, stone, troublefield,a lot bro.
Na we be your be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by NoToPile: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2022
Fidipote

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by pointblank247(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2022
phemmyfour:
Papastathopoulos
Lol grin grin this name is South African abi
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Joelobioha(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Ityohemba.
Ikpamanam
Chinagolom
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Danjikanbauchi: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hisbah21:
kukah...because the Hausa people use Kukah leaves to make stew
hisother give birth to him under the gigantic kukah tree
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by phemmyfour: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
pointblank247:
Lol grin grin this name is South African abi
Greek

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Danjikanbauchi: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
Zurke,
Katako,
Acimugu
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ajanlekoko = (Dog pursuing Hyena). Hyena in Yoruba is ikoko. But I think it should have been the other way round because If any dog smells Hyena’s urine or hide, the dog will either run mad or simply drop dead.

In the North, someone once told me that armed robbers go with dried Hyena’s hide (skin) whenever they’re going to rob any house that is secured by dogs.

The moment the dogs smell the Hyena’s hide, most of the dogs drop dead instantly.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Mcreloaded(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
pointblank247:
abeg na who dey answer this kind name

Once upon a time the name trended as the longest Yoruba name and the bearer had issues filling jamp forms back then as the boxes provided for each alphabet was not enough. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by KingAzubuike(f): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Mariangeles(f): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
Silekunola. That's like a whole textbook. grin

Finecountry. What's that? A place? cheesy

Blind. My brother says it's pronounced blind and I was like eeerrh? If na normal blind person pronounce as blind instead of blaind, them go say person na olodo, so blind na blind! angry
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by AntichristXXX: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
Aribido.
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Treasure17(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ologunebi ( Antidote of hunger) grin
Re: Some Of The Craziest Surnames And Names You've Heard by Benwallt(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Emwionmwandoloyi
Eghenayoyiore
Emguimwangha
Ehrunmwunse
Osakpolor
Omorogiukpon

Names for Benin City na another thing. You will understand why most of the bear English names. Oga fun awon pipu yen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Babies At Late Thirties / Fiance Died 10 Yrs Ago. I'm Now Married But Still Crave For Him. Normal? / What Else Is Quaker Oats Good For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.