Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,830 members, 7,837,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Troubles Waters (fictional) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Troubles Waters (fictional) (521 Views)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troubles Waters (fictional) by Ayoolawrites122: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hello.

Here is a new story.

TROUBLED WATERS

Note
This story is all fiction. Character, places, and events do not represent any real person, dead or alive.

All right reserved. No part of this story should be edited, shared, copied and distributed without the knowledge of the Author.

Facebook: Gbenga Ayoola
Twitter : @theAyo_official.

Re: Troubles Waters (fictional) by Ayoolawrites122: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Episode 1

The water bubbling and the tide seems strong, a place for me to put an end to everything. I have been coming to this place often, the troubled water is now a place of solace for me. And often I imagined some words coming from the Troubled Waters.

"We love you down here, Come join us" The voice always whispers to my ears, but that evening, the voice sounded real. Just like though I am watching one of those Nollywood movies. Can this water be talking to me?

I am Opeoluwa Israel, a young man bubbling with life, though they say I am a man of age 25, love has shown me what a seventy-year-old will tag as "too much for me". But yet, I am strong. I strive to pull through.

My wife, a 22-year-old hairdressing apprentice with our two-year-old twins is striving and she is trying her best to make it work. my problem isn't money, but some other things that need attention, but no one is giving me the attention.

My journey to self-realization starts on the first day of the year 2005. When I was only 15 years old. After the normal new year and familiarizing myself with my friends. the previous year, I graduated from secondary school, and go out in flying colors.

" This is a good result, Omo mi," My mother commented, holding the paper in her hands and lifting her face to the ceiling on our 2 room uncompleted apartment like God is living in the ceiling.

"With this result, I know you will lift us from this poverty and be a good role model to your younger brother," my mum said still dancing to the imaginary beat in mind.

"Yes mummy, I will be able to secure admission to the university and after my education, get a good job and take care of you and daddy. I said trying to draw her attention back to the fact that the paper in her hand is not a certificate but my waec result.

" Yes I know, but I know this means a bright future my boy" She concluded, though I know what's on her mind, I just hope the popular getto effect in my local community isn't affecting my parent.

Early that year after the new year celebration, my Dad called me to his room, sat me down and his first statement strike me off balance.

"Ope" He starts the conversation looking straight into my eyes.

"You know you are my first son, I think it's time you start making money for yourself, You are 15, and you have to start working for money, and bring money home to wipe the tears from our eyes"

"Tears?" I said taking my eyes to the old pictures that were hanging on the wall of his room.

To be continued.

1 Like

Re: Troubles Waters (fictional) by Ayoolawrites122: 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2022
Episode 2.

Do you know? people live life knowing fully well that problem isn't going to end, but hope to solve the problem at hand first before moving to the other" A radio presenter said as he started his program called the issues of life on one of the popular radio stations in the city of Lagos.

"In life, you can't solve all the problems, you stop one at a time, then hope for strength to solve the rest." the presenter continued.

"Do you wish to speak to me? call this line now and let's discuss." The man concluded. Immediately I picked up my phone and started calling him, though it says busy, I was determined that morning. Minutes later after the presenter took some calls, my line went through.

"Hello, good morning, what's your name and where are you calling from," The presenter asked.

"Good morning sir, my name is Opeoluwa, calling from mushin, please sir, do you mean that even the rich people have problems? because I taught money can buy you everything in this world" I inquired of the presenter.

"Me Opeoluwa, you can't conclude like that, have you seen or heard of someone looking 200 years of age in this lifetime? No? that is a problem that even the rich can't solve, No mortal can tie this life around his waste, Are you there Mr. Ope?" He asked due to my silence.

" Yes sir, I can hear you" I replied, although I hardly hear what he says as I was lost in thought.

"Ok good, Mr. Ope, the rich also cry, the difference between their cry and yours is their ability to hide theirs with the fortune they have, do you get it now Mr. Ope."

"Yes, I get it, sir, that you" I cut the line and stay for some minutes. "So the rich also cry, oh my God" I wondered and lost in deep thought.

At that point, my young brain can't decide whether to stick to my belief of "Money is not everything" and my dad's advice of working to wipe his tears.

Isn't that selfishness on his part?

"So Opeoluwa, I have spoken to a friend of mine working at the bakery next street, and he promised to talk to the manager, you will start work with them as soon as possible." My Dad's words hit my marrows as everything he says contradicts that radio presenter's opinion.

"But, Daddy, I plan to get my jamb form this year and go to school," I said in protest to his ideas but everything fell on his blocked ears.

"If you fail to do as I wish ope, you will look for a father that will pay that your school fee, I am your father, and I know what's best for you," He said as walked out of the room, leaving to decide my fate, now that it's in my hand.

The next day started the journey, a journey that proceeds to my end.

To be continued.
Re: Troubles Waters (fictional) by Ayoolawrites122: 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Oh ye readers, make una dey comment na. Chaiiiii

Episode 3.

"You can't make it here if you work like this" Aribo said to me one day on our way home after work. Since I started working at the bakery, Aribo can be categorized as my work father. In his mid-twenties, he seems to have accomplished in life at least to me.

"I don't get it Aribo, what do you mean that I can't make it here, I am not making it here Aribo, I am saving money to go back to school" I rebelled his statement and assertion about me. I know I am young, but I know what I am doing

"Is it the daily 1200 that you are giving and the loaves of bread for lunch that will pay that your schools fees? He asked

" No, but if I save, I will get the money for school," I replied. "But do I need to do more?"

"Yes Ope, Come, let me tell you a story" He dragged to an uncompleted building along the way to the bakery.
See Ope, I dropped out of secondary school when I was in SS1 due to financial difficulties, you know I lost my parents at an early age. After dropping out, my uncle promised me heaven on earth, words like 'Don't worry Bamidele, work for a while, you will write your waec very soon' I have been waiting to write it for the past thirteen years."

"Seriously?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, Ope, All those promises are all audio, your life is in your hands now, play sharp, Hope you understand? He asked standing up and ready to leave.

" Yes, I understand Aribo" I answered though still confused, but he noticed this and concluded by saying; "No one, not even your parents can decide your destiny, only you can, let's go before it's too late, omo daddy, He pat me in a gesture that it's time to go home.

---------------------------------

I was sent to give you this parcel by Aribo" I said as I stretched my hand to a rugged-looking guy whose appearance shows the kind of person he is.

"Then who are you?" He asked as he stretches his hand towards me to collect the parcel.

"I am the blinded bird" I replied trying to evade the gaze from his red eyes.

"Better" He replied as he collect the parcel opened it and I saw the content, a white powder nearly packed like a gift. He tasted it and make a signal to the other guy fitted beside him.

"Confirm!" He remarked as faced me. "Blinded eye, tell your boss that the blinded bird must be healed." He said as gave me a marching order.

That's how my Journey into the Drug world started.

To be Continued....

(1) (Reply)

AN UNEXPECTED TURN BY JESSICA DURU ✔️ / Gmb's Word For The Day: What Is Faith? / Literature Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.