Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. (1787 Views)

Dark Side Of Rome; Life Of Undocumented Immigrants In Italy / Tough Times For Undocumented Nigerians In Turkey / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2022
Please is it possible for an undocumented person living in Germany to travel to the United States through marriage or fiance visa without having to come back to Nigeria? One of them is a US citizen and visits Germany so they can spend time together as the other is without any valid documents. They plan to marry but had no intention of coming back to Nigeria for that at least not now.Both are. Nigerians and from same tribe.
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by heniford2: 8:59am On Jan 11, 2022
Yes
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by heniford2: 10:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
How may i help u
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 12:47am On Jan 12, 2022
heniford2:
How may i help u
I wanted to know if you live in Germany . If yes. What does an undocumented person need to legally get married there?
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by heniford2: 5:15am On Jan 12, 2022
efavour:
I wanted to know if you live in Germany . If yes. What does an undocumented person need to legally get married there?
yeah are you in Germany know
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
heniford2:
yeah are you in Germany know
I'm not. Someone I know is
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by Memberclub(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2022
efavour:
Please is it possible for an undocumented person living in Germany to travel to the United States through marriage or fiance visa without having to come back to Nigeria? One of them is a US citizen and visits Germany so they can spend time together as the other is without any valid documents. They plan to marry but had no intention of coming back to Nigeria for that at least not now.Both are. Nigerians and from same tribe.
You have to marry in Nigeria.
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by Lexusgs430: 2:55am On Jan 30, 2022
What document would the illegal immigrant, use to depart cologne airport, travelling to the USA ?.......

How would the illegal immigrant fill the ESTA online form ?....

1 Like

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 5:06am On Jan 30, 2022
Memberclub:

You have to marry in Nigeria.
What if they get married in any country in Europe , is the marriage valid? Can he use the marriage certificate to attend interview here in Nigeria? The thing is he doesn't want to stay idle for long here in Nigeria. If he has to come back, he wants to come close to the interview date.
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:20am On Jan 30, 2022
efavour:

No. They would have to travel back to their country of origin first.

1 Like

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by pansophist(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
It doesn't have to be Nigeria per se, it can be any country where you have a legal resident. But if one is an illegal immigrant, then they won't be allowed to travel to another country unless he is a legal resident in the destination country, so in this case Nigeria. It is a matter of international law and due process. Also, it weakens your application at the US embassy in Germany when you are applying as an illegal immigrant. Because the documents they would require from you would be something you can not get unless the person is legal.

Most importantly, illegal immigrants constitute ''proven risk'', which is fatal. He has proved that he doesn't obey the immigration law of the host country by being illegal in Germany, so what's the guarantee that he will obey it in the US? the consular check all these things. So it is just best he return back to Nigeria and do it there. Or return to Nigeria, go to any country where you can easily establish residency (eg ecowas countries), then apply through the US embassy there. The keyword is about a country where you have legal residency, not necessarily have to be your country of nationality.

6 Likes

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by Armstrong34(m): 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
efavour:

You would not even be allowed to process your fiance visa at the US Embassy in Frankfurt.............................You would have to go back to Nigeria.................If you are sure the US citizen would marry you..............then you both should meet and get married in Nigeria and the US citizen would file i-130 form for CR-1 Visa(Petition for Alien Relative) which would permit you to enter the United states and live with your partner.....................

My advise ....don't do the fiance visa as the chances of getting the visa could be easily weakened due to previous ilegal stay...i woud advise you both get married and do the CR-1 visa ...that is more sure and many ineligibilties could be waived ....

but the thing be say you have to go back to Nigeria or any country you have a valid residence and marry and wait there for the form i-130 to be approved by the united states immigration which takes approximately 1 to 2 years before getting the visa from the US consulate Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by Armstrong34(m): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
efavour:
What if they get married in any country in Europe , is the marriage valid? Can he use the marriage certificate to attend interview here in Nigeria? The thing is he doesn't want to stay idle for long here in Nigeria. If he has to come back, he wants to come close to the interview date.

The person is illegal bro................with which paperwork would they use and legalize his or her stay...

if he or she was marrying a German Citizen now , it would have been a different ball game

1 Like

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 8:05am On Feb 01, 2022
pansophist:
It doesn't have to be Nigeria per se, it can be any country where you have a legal resident. But if one is an illegal immigrant, then they won't be allowed to travel to another country unless he is a legal resident in the destination country, so in this case Nigeria. It is a matter of international law and due process. Also, it weakens your application at the US embassy in Germany when you are applying as an illegal immigrant. Because the documents they would require from you would be something you can not get unless the person is legal.

Most importantly, illegal immigrants constitute ''proven risk'', which is fatal. He has proved that he doesn't obey the immigration law of the host country by being illegal in Germany, so what's the guarantee that he will obey it in the US? the consular check all these things. So it is just best he return back to Nigeria and do it there. Or return to Nigeria, go to any country where you can easily establish residency (eg ecowas countries), then apply through the US embassy there. The keyword is about a country where you have legal residency, not necessarily have to be your country of nationality.
What about if they married in anywhere in Europe. Is the marriage valid? Can it be used to file papers for him in Nigeria. Of course he has to come back but close to interview date.
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by Armstrong34(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
efavour:
What about if they married in anywhere in Europe. Is the marriage valid? Can it be used to file papers for him in Nigeria. Of course he has to come back but close to interview date.

Bro do you want them to eat your money or feed you with lies??

Why Nigerians no just like truth...as that person is...He's not recognised in the database in Germany...Germany doesn't even know He's living in the country...

The only thing you could do ..though it will take time...

If you wanna remain in Germany and do everything..

Then the person gat find german citizen or permanent residents and try and talk them into agreeing to get married with him..

Then wait for like 3 years till the person get a valid residence as a result of the marriage..

Then you divorce the German person ,wait for few months to be legally free to marry again and tell your American woman to come over for you both to marry...

Except marriage to a German or permanent resident..Nothing can make that person legal im Germany o..

Except the German Government just decide to award residency to some numbers of illegal/asylum seekers ...then he might be lucky to get it through there...don't allow them eat your money

1 Like

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by yemmywesey(m): 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
My brother abeg, please dey manage your Germany jejely like that bikonu. No come Nigeria because you want to marry one American Nigerian woman, you know how village people works. Person enemy fit enter nigeria now , make your American Nigerian woman start her own chin chin or madness wey be sey everything go scatter, and to enter Germany back go be problem.
The advice Wey I fit give you, get a German citizen woman and get married to her, buy find a German woman that you love and the one that will satisfy you.
No come Nigeria , village people is real.
And bros.
Weting dey America wey no dey Germany.

1 Like

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by pansophist(m): 2:27am On Feb 11, 2022
efavour:

If an EU country weds you and your spouse regardless of your residence status, then yes its valid. If not, it contravenes the principle of international law, particularly echr article 8. It also means that the country that refuse the legality of your marriage license undermines the legitimacy of the issuing country.

If you meet the requirements of getting married, then its valid globally as far it's from a recognised country. And yes, it can be used to file for paper in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
pansophist:

If an EU country weds you and your spouse regardless of your residence status, then yes its valid. If not, it contravenes the principle of international law, particularly echr article 8. It also means that the country that refuse the legality of your marriage license undermines the legitimacy of the issuing country.

If you meet the requirements of getting married, then its valid globally as far it's from a recognised country. And yes, it can be used to file for paper in Nigeria.
Thank you so much
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by TWoods(m): 4:45am On Feb 13, 2022
efavour:
Thank you so much

You finally got what you wanted to hear... grin
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by efavour: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2022
TWoods:

You finally got what you wanted to hear... grin
how come everyone managed to miss the question? And before he answered, I have done other independent research, I was going to update for informational purposes . It is not about what I wanted to hear but the correct info so others can use it too.
Re: Can Undocumented Person Living In Germany Travel To United States. by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:12am On Feb 14, 2022
efavour:
how come everyone managed to miss the question? And before he answered, I have done other independent research, I was going to update for informational purposes . It is not about what I wanted to hear but the correct info so others can use it too.

The answer is still no. Unless you go back to Nigeria and marry the US won’t grant entry.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? / 10 Cheap Countries To Visit Now / How Much Does It Cost To Travel To Malaysia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.