Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? (1758 Views)

Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by joeeee240(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hey everyone

So I'm looking to travel to Ghana this year
Preferably by flight

Are there any requirements or info i might need that you can provide?

Stuffs like:

How much to travel?

Cost of living? (I'll be going to Accra)

Intl Passports? Or Visa?

Fun places to hang out etc

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
joeeee240:
Hey everyone

Preferably by flight

Stuffs like:

How much to travel?

Intl Passports? Or Visa?

Average return flight ticket to Accra from Lagos should not be more than 270k or less depending on the date and if you are going by bus just budget 100k for to and fro.

You don’t need visa to travel to Ghana, you need your passport, yellow Fever card, Covid test or Covid vaccine card. You will be given a form to fill on arrival at Katoka airport.

Ghana is expensive and cost of living is high but depending on the lifestyle you wanna live over there. Just make sure you have enough money because it’s very easy to get stranded in Ghana if you get carried away.

There are many fun places in Accra but someone like me love exploring other places far away from Accra because that is where I feel I enjoyed myself the most. Below are the list of my best places to relax in Ghana with pictures.

1.. Peduase Valley resort, Aburi. 40 min or 1hr drive from Accra depending on how fast the car is.

2..Afrikiko River front resort, Akosombo. 2hours drive from Accra.

3..The royal senchi resort, Akosombo 2 hours drive

4..Bridge view resort, Akosombo 2 hours drive

5.. Sojourn Cabins, Anomabo, Cape coast. 3 hours drive from Accra.

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
joeeee240:
Hey everyone

Preferably by flight

Stuffs like:

How much to travel?

Intl Passports? Or Visa?

Sojourn Cabins, Anomabo, Cape coast. 3 hours drive from Accra with private chef on standby
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by mymadam(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

@DUKEOFIBADAN, please any idea what life is now like in Tema? I did enjoy myself more in Tema, in all ramifications, than in Takoradi. I only visited Accra for shopping. The hustle and bustle in Tema was much less than in Accra... then (several years ago!) Cheers.
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
mymadam:

@DUKEOFIBADAN, please any idea what life is now like in Tema? I did enjoy myself more in Tema, in all ramifications, than in Takoradi. I only visited Accra for shopping. The hustle and bustle in Tema was much less than in Accra... then (several years ago!) Cheers.

Hi, I’m sorry I really don’t know much about Tema but I do pass by on my way to Akosombo but never stopped by to check. Maybe someday I will check it out
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by mymadam(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

Hi, I’m sorry I really don’t know much about Tema but I do pass by on my way to Akosombo but never stopped by to check. Maybe someday I will check it out
Thanks 🙏🏽
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by joeeee240(m): 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

Average return flight ticket to Accra from Lagos should not be more than 270k or less depending on the date and if you are going by bus just budget 100k for to and fro.

You don’t need visa to travel to Ghana, you need your passport, yellow Fever card, Covid test or Covid vaccine card. You will be given a form to fill on arrival at Katoka airport.

Ghana is expensive and cost of living is high but depending on the lifestyle you wanna live over there. Just make sure you have enough money because it’s very easy to get stranded in Ghana if you get carried away.

There are many fun places in Accra but someone like me love exploring other places far away from Accra because that is where I feel I enjoyed myself the most. Below are the list of my best places to relax in Ghana with pictures.

1.. Peduase Valley resort, Aburi. 40 min or 1hr drive from Accra depending on how fast the car is.

2..Afrikiko River front resort, Akosombo. 2hours drive from Accra.

3..The royal senchi resort, Akosombo 2 hours drive

4..Bridge view resort, Akosombo 2 hours drive

5.. Sojourn Cabins, Anomabo, Cape coast. 3 hours drive from Accra.

Hey bro

Thanks a lot for the info... never knew they ask for yellow fever test and covid test result

The 270k is to and fro abi? Or just one way ticket

As for cost of living and small flexing.. how long will it last and what's the quality of life would be for say N1mn to N2mn?
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
joeeee240:

Hey bro

Thanks a lot for the info... never knew they ask for yellow fever test and covid test result

The 270k is to and fro abi? Or just one way ticket

As for cost of living and small flexing.. how long will it last and what's the quality of life would be for say N1mn to N2mn?

270k or less should be enough for return ticket
Yes it is a must you have your yellow fever card and Covid test result because they derive joy deporting Nigerians for a slight mistake. That is why some people prefer to go by road to avoid the yellow card and Covid test whala.

Like I said before, the amount you will spend depends on your taste. Most restaurants over there are overpriced and that 1m can finish within a week or 2. The last time I was there last year 1m was 16,000 Cedis but I don’t know the current rate. If you know how to manage yourself the money should go a long way. Don’t forget to visit Elite bar at East Legon Accra to feel at home as a Nigerian or Food yard and thank me later 😎

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by joeeee240(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

270k or less should be enough for return ticket
Yes it is a must you have your yellow fever card and Covid test result because they derive joy deporting Nigerians for a slight mistake. That is why some people prefer to go by road to avoid the yellow card and Covid test whala.

Like I said before, the amount you will spend depends on your taste. Most restaurants over there are overpriced and that 1m can finish within a week or 2. The last time I was there last year 1m was 16,000 Cedis but I don’t know the current rate. If you know how to manage yourself the money should go a long way. Don’t forget to visit Elite bar at East Legon Accra to feel at home as a Nigerian or Food yard and thank me later 😎

Thanks man
I can consider the road option but the journey dey fear me... like how long will it take?

Which part do you stay?

Apart from Accra which other better city dey that's reasonably affordable?

Sure I'll visit those places... I've heard of East legon before
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by DUKEOFIBADAN: 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
joeeee240:

Thanks man
I can consider the road option but the journey dey fear me... like how long will it take?

Which part do you stay?

Apart from Accra which other better city dey that's reasonably affordable?

Sure I'll visit those places... I've heard of East legon before

I already mentioned the places I use to visit and attach the pictures. Those are the places I stay anytime I’m in Ghana. You can look it up on Google to know the prices in dollars.

If you want somewhere cheaper in Ghana I think that will be Kumasi and I don’t think anything special is happening over there. Anyway I only come here in Ghana to enjoy life I don’t know about the living condition. The only African country have lived is South Africa. You can try go to SA instead of Ghana. You won’t spend much and you will enjoy your money unlike Ghana where everything is overpriced and not worth it.

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by odinga1of: 12:07am On Mar 21, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

Sojourn Cabins, Anomabo, Cape coast. 3 hours drive from Accra with private chef on standby

Agba baller, u must be from Ibadan I guess.

Enjoyment guys. Egbon make dem give boys update na, the hungry for 9ja is second to none!
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by joeeee240(m): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2023
DUKEOFIBADAN:

I already mentioned the places I use to visit and attach the pictures. Those are the places I stay anytime I’m in Ghana. You can look it up on Google to know the prices in dollars.

If you want somewhere cheaper in Ghana I think that will be Kumasi and I don’t think anything special is happening over there. Anyway I only come here in Ghana to enjoy life I don’t know about the living condition. The only African country have lived is South Africa. You can try go to SA instead of Ghana. You won’t spend much and you will enjoy your money unlike Ghana where everything is overpriced and not worth it.

Thanks a lot for your time
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by servicom101(m): 5:07am On Mar 28, 2023
Tema is still bustling as ever.. this is one place like the island of Lagos... currently based in labadi, but visit Tema weekly.

mymadam:

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by olaoluwa32: 5:48am On Mar 28, 2023
Please nairalander I need who can help verify my PAYSIKA Account in GHANA.dm me on 07034584941
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by servicom101(m): 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
What do you mean by verify, is it that you need someone to use his identity card do the verification or what?

olaoluwa32:
Please nairalander I need who can help verify my PAYSIKA Account in GHANA.dm me on 07034584941
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by olaoluwa32: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yes I want someone from Ghana to help me use his identify card to verify the PAYSIKAL app while I send my login details here from Nigeria or he should add Mee on 07034584941
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by olaoluwa32: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yes I want someone from Ghana to help me use his identify card to verify the PAYSIKAL app while I send my login details here from Nigeria or he should add Mee on 07034584941.are u living in Ghana bro
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by servicom101(m): 2:28am On Mar 29, 2023
Easier said than done .

Someone who barely knows the reason for which you are opening the account would use his identity for such?. Man, go to Ghana.

Register for non citizen Ghana card(150$) then do it.. no one will use his or her identity card to register for you... Ghana no Dey like Anika

olaoluwa32:
Yes I want someone from Ghana to help me use his identify card to verify the PAYSIKAL app while I send my login details here from Nigeria or he should add Mee on 07034584941.are u living in Ghana bro
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by olaoluwa32: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2023
Not like that I want to use it to be trading coin here in Nigeria after the verification process.it can only be verified in Ghana the I can go ahead to use it in Nigeria
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by servicom101(m): 12:48am On Mar 30, 2023
olaoluwa32:
Not like that I want to use it to be trading coin here in Nigeria after the verification process.it can only be verified in Ghana the I can go ahead to use it in Nigeria

Good luck with d verification
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by cobby14(m): 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
If you still need it let me know
olaoluwa32:
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by pandder: 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
Hello House, please what's the latest situation like going from Lagos to Ghana like? I have yellow fever card and taken the covid 19 vaccine..do I still need to take another covid 19 test 72hours before arrival? Thanks as I get response.

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by Oyindamolah: 4:08am On May 01, 2023
pandder:
Hello House, please what's the latest situation like going from Lagos to Ghana like? I have yellow fever card and taken the covid 19 vaccine..do I still need to take another covid 19 test 72hours before arrival? Thanks as I get response.
No
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by kloser(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2023
pandder:
pls advice on how to get the yellow card
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by pandder: 7:29pm On May 02, 2023
Oyindamolah:
No

Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by pandder: 7:30pm On May 02, 2023
kloser:
pls advice on how to get the yellow card

Just visit any government hospital and ask for availability of the vaccine..it was free when I got mine..
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by ojomalikiema(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
Good day all, I need info in the latest travel requirements to Ghana. Is the Covid card still required for flight to Ghana? Thank you.
Re: Travelling To GHANA - What's It Like? by commanderquash: 5:02am On Mar 01
ojomalikiema:
Good day all, I need info in the latest travel requirements to Ghana. Is the Covid card still required for flight to Ghana? Thank you.

Can anyone provide answer to this question?

Travelling is No More Safe In Nigeria? / . / Longest Traffic Jam Ever