Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) (20189 Views)

Starlink Vs Mtn 5g - Which Should You Get? 7 Things You Must Know / #Xenophobia: Angry Nigerian Burns His MTN Mifi / Airtel 4G LTE Vs Mtn 4G LTE Speed Test Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by ZooCountry45: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hello wonderful Niaralanders, kindly assist a brother in choosing the best WiFi 4G Router.
I have airtel 3g pen Drive, you plug to pc and connect asap, I have also Airtel 4g wifi.
The 4g wifi is having battery issue. Can't last long now..
I wish to try out the 4g router.
I'm yet to decide the best(Airtel and Mtn) cos I did not see any review on YouTube.
Mind you, I live in an area with both 4g coverage.
My question is :
What are the prices?? I I heard between 25 to 30k
Which one is faster?
What's their data bundle?
How durable is their batteries??

Lalastical
Domique
Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
ZooCountry45:
Hello wonderful Niaralanders, kindly assist a brother in choosing the best WiFi 4G Router.
I have airtel 3g pen Drive, you plug to pc and connect asap, I have also Airtel 4g wifi.
I'm yet to decide the best(Airtel and Mtn) cos I did not see any review on YouTube.
My question is :
Which one is faster?

Lalastical
Domique
Mynd44

I don't know about the batter life, but I'm aware that Airtel is running a promo. The router is sold for N10K now

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by thesolutions(m): 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
ZooCountry45:
My question is :
Which one is faster?

Lalastical
Domique
Mynd44
Run from Airtel mifi. They rig their data alot. GO for MTN or a universal mifi. But that amount you are calling is for routers and not mifi. Mifi is about 15 to 18k

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by grenje(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
mtn remains the best for GPRS network

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Maks27: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Currently using MTN and it's mad got it 15k

1 Like

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by ZooCountry45: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2022
SamuelLoch:

I don't know about the batter life, but I'm aware that Airtel is running a promo. The router is sold for N10K now

Thanks..
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by ZooCountry45: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
This is what I mean guys.. Seems I made mistake for name.. This is what I have in mind to buy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by ZooCountry45: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
I can't post picture. Any help??

1 Like

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by emmanok24(m): 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hello,

I bought the Airtel Router on January 4, 2022 and at the moment the Router won’t connect to the internet unless it is plugged! I took to their office in Ibadan and the Marketer told me point blank that the Router wasn’t designed to run on batteries! You can imagine my disappointment.

I bought the Mifi on the spot for 5k and it’s making a lot of sense.

My plan now is to unlock the Router, purchase another battery and it will hopefully start serving me.

In summary, RUN from the Airtel ROUTER!

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Danjikanbauchi: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2022
Pls who can help me unlock my Airtel router I forgot my password I can't use it even with another sim ?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by dauddy97(m): 8:48am On Jan 12, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
Pls who can help me unlock my Airtel router I forgot my password I can't use it even with another sim ?
As for me,, I need someone to help unload it so I can use all network

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 9:12am On Jan 12, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:

Press the reset button
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by petrusevents(m): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2022
emmanok24:
Hello,

I bought the Airtel Router on January 4, 2022 and at the moment the Router won’t connect to the internet unless it is plugged! I took to their office in Ibadan and the Marketer told me point blank that the Router wasn’t designed to run on batteries! You can imagine my disappointment.

My plan now is to unlock the Router, purchase another battery and it will hopefully start serving me.

Cheers!
WHERE DID U GET THE MIFI FOR 5K?
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 9:14am On Jan 12, 2022
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2022
emmanok24:
Hello,

Cheers!

ZooCountry45:

Thanks..

I use the Airtel Mifi too, and the speed is blazingly fast

See a report of how much MB download speed you can get per second.
Some other times, it would be higher than this, and of course, some days, lower than this, but this is my current speed.

I have gotten over 90mbps on this small Mifi. You can imagine downloading an episode of your favorite movie of about 250mb in about 3secs.

I don't know about others, but the server I'm connected to is doing me well.

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 9:28am On Jan 12, 2022
grenje:
mtn remains the best for GPRS network

There's something MTN does that I don't like.

They don't allow you exhaust your data. Imagine buying about 20GB, then you have maybe 3GB left, MTN would start to freeze your connection, just so you can renew your bundle or top up.
Meanwhile, 3gb is a lot.

And for me, I've experienced a faster network with Airtel. It's just that Airtel isn't consistent with their delivery

13 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by WantsandMore: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2022
SamuelLoch:

There's something MTN does that I don't like.

They don't allow you exhaust your data. Imagine buying about 20GB, then you have maybe 3GB left, MTN would start to freeze your connection, just so you can renew byour bundle or too up.
Meanwhile, 3gb is a lot.

And for me, I've experienced a faster network with Airtel. It's just that Airtel isn't consistent with their delivery
It's a Fair Usage Policy thingy, Bandwidth are throttled once you get to a certain limit on your plan.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by WantsandMore: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2022
ZooCountry45:
My question is :
Which one is faster?

Lalastical
Domique
Mynd44
The Airtel SmartBox Router houses a cat4 LTE and a 2200mah blue battery. I have observed that the promo smartbox they have been selling comes with a faulty battery hence if you consider buying you should consider replacing the battery, depending on location the battery should be between 500-1k or so. Inversely the MTN Hynet Flex houses a cat6 LTE and 3000mah battery. The battery that comes with the hynet flex is fairly better when compared with the airtel smartbox however not totally great as it gives you only an 1hour to 2hours standby depending on devices connected and activities been carried out on the internet.
Hope this helps. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by emmanok24(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2022
At the Airtel Office along Oyo staye Secretariat Road, Ibadan.

petrusevents:

WHERE DID U GET THE MIFI FOR 5K?
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
WantsandMore:

It's a Fair Usage Policy thingy, Bandwidth are throttled once you get to a certain limit on your plan.

I think it would be better if it's optional
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SKhanmi: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
WantsandMore:

The Airtel SmartBox Router houses a cat4 LTE and a 2200mah blue battery. I have observed that the promo smartbox they have been selling comes with a faulty battery hence if you consider buying you should consider replacing the battery, depending on location the battery should be between 500-1k or so. Inversely the MTN Hynet Flex houses a cat6 LTE and 3000mah battery. The battery that comes with the hynet flex is fairly better when compared with the airtel smartbox however not totally great as it gives you only an 1hour to 2hours standby depending on devices connected and activities been carried out on the internet.
Hope this helps. Cheers

Does Airtel have different router types? I would like to know the one sold at the original price. Those buying their 5k promo mifi would only get the Vida M4, while the Vida M2 that has a screen is still sold at 10k. I think the same applies to their routers.
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by heldworld: 3:32am On Jan 30, 2022
emmanok24:
Hello,

Cheers!

There is one important question I need to ask, I think you're in position to know better.
Were you able to remove the router sim and use on the portable mifi and have your airtel ultra plan subscription run on it without issues?
Asking cos I need to know if after making airtel ultra plan subscription on airtel router (using the sim that came with your router), it can be removed to use the subscription on the portable airtel WiFi.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by emmanok24(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
heldworld:

There is one important question I need to ask, I think you're in position to know better.
Were you able to remove the router sim and use on the portable mifi and have your airtel ultra plan subscription run on it without issues?
Asking cos I need to know if after making airtel ultra plan subscription on airtel router (using the sim that came with your router), it can be removed to use the subscription on the portable airtel WiFi.

The SIM CARDS don’t with each other.
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Kingdemu: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
emmanok24:

The SIM CARDS don’t with each other.
Pardon?
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by aloeman15(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
WantsandMore:

why would you say that?
how is holding 3 gb hostage fair to who paid for it?
it's simple blackmail.
and they get away with it due to our negligent agencies.
stop defending criminality.
God bless.

10 Likes

Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Kirkman: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
aloeman15:
why would you say that?
how is holding 3 gb hostage fair to who paid for it?
it's simple blackmail.
and they get away with it due to our negligent agencies.
stop defending criminality.
God bless.
Here is the test that you are going to perform, the next time that it reaches the 3GB threshold, connect to the router wirelessly with your phone and try to exhaust the data instead of connecting it to a laptop. Try it and see the outcome.
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
ColdSoldier:
I'm sure the data consumption is more than what you are using. Airtel are robbers but they're blazing fast.

I've heard this a lot... I would test it out
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Grandmeister(m): 6:00am On Feb 16, 2022
SamuelLoch:

I bought their mifi for 5k this January. The battery is 3000 mah and is removable. Very durable battery for now. I’m looking to see if I can unlock it for other SIM cards.
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by Weyrehmod: 8:16am On Feb 16, 2022
Who go share me data to learn today.. Currently out of data and i have some assignment to complete today

09..0487..35507 AIRTEL if you have enough data to share please
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by SamuelLoch: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

I bought their mifi for 5k this January. The battery is 3000 mah and is removable. Very durable battery for now. I’m looking to see if I can unlock it for other SIM cards.

Makes sense!
When you finally figure out how to unlock, let us know. You can mention me sha
Re: Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router) by chariisGRACE(m): 9:11am On Feb 16, 2022
ZooCountry45:
My question is :
Which one is faster?

Lalastical
Domique
Mynd44

Currently, Airtel 4G Mifi is sold for 10K.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Identify Original Chargers? Fakes Everywhere, Pls Guys / Stop Mtn To From Deducting Your Money Along With Data While Browsing Now / Get Airtel 175mb For N200 Validity 7days. android & lite PC users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.