Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Programming Vs Networking - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Vs Networking (2004 Views)

Free C++ Reliable UDP Networking Library / Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? / Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Vs Networking by kmute(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2011
Hi everyonoe, am a student from UNIBEN wishing to start a career in either programming or networking. Though I have started with networking(CCNA). But am curious to know which holds the brightest future in Nigeria and world at large. Pls your opinions are welcomed. Thank you
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
Programmers do a lot of things, including networking. For example, the Applications that runs on networks, exchanging data are actually programming. Programming cannot really be separated from networking, even routers are embedded devices that are programed. My advice is, you can do networking but start to learn a programming language in addition. I suggest you start with simple and easy to learn languages like Python, PHP, etc, before moving to Java, C, etc, Programmers make lots of money.
Re: Programming Vs Networking by talk2hb1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
Programming
I am just Obsessed with programming so I vote for programming
Re: Programming Vs Networking by kmute(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2011
Wow! Thankx ƒor the enlightenment. Atleast i know am on track. I appreciate bro, more info let's keep it coming.
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2011
agi-tuedor:

Programmers do a lot of things, including networking. For example, the Applications that runs on networks, exchanging data are actually programming. Programming cannot really be separated from networking, even routers are embedded devices that are programed. My advice is, you can do networking but start to learn a programming language in addition. I suggest you start with simple and easy to learn languages like Python, PHP, etc, before moving to Java, C, etc, Programmers make lots of money.

But I would like to start with vb.net
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
You can with vb.net if it suits your temperament as a beginner.
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
agi-tuedor:

You can with vb.net if it suits your temperament as a beginner.

Temperament? I've used it before.Now I want to turn the heat on myself. Where can I get the book and Cd? I have checked Lagos--no luck. Even 2003 is okay for me.
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
Go online, there are lots of free programming texts to download. Use google.
I began with Python and later dabble with PHP. Now, I'm flexing with Java. These are what suits my temperament. I could not jump into java at the start cos the Object Oriented Programming stuff in java could flow into my brain then. Python, on the otherhand, led me gradually into the Object concept. Again, my temperament. You can start with any language of your choice. Most guys started with C, and they are doing great. Bro, the best way to start is to get started.
As regards study materials. I do not where you can get in Lagos cos I am not in Lagos currently. Like I said earlier, do google search and download useful ebooks, read them and practice alongside. In due time, you will gain proficiency. Thanks.e. In due time, you will gain proficiency. Thanks.
Re: Programming Vs Networking by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
agi-tuedor:

Go online, there are lots of free programming texts to download. Use google.
I began with Python and later dabble with PHP. Now, I'm flexing with Java. These are what suits my temperament. I could not jump into java at the start cos the Object Oriented Programming stuff in java could flow into my brain then. Python, on the otherhand, led me gradually into the Object concept. Again, my temperament. You can start with any language of your choice. Most guys started with C, and they are doing great. Bro, the best way to start is to get started.
As regards study materials. I do not where you can get in Lagos cos I am not in Lagos currently. Like I said earlier, do google search and download useful ebooks, read them and practice alongside. In due time, you will gain proficiency. Thanks.e. In due time, you will gain proficiency. Thanks.
Thanku! I will go with the VB.net.It is a matter of deepening now on for u.Thanks
Re: Programming Vs Networking by talk2hb1(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2011
You can get Books on programming at Tejuosho Market in yaba. or go to Havila bookshop at palmgroove bus stop when going to Yaba they also have books on programming, but their books are xpensive.
cherioo as yu are welcome in2 da wild world of computer programming and make sure yu catch fun as go along.
Sanjuma

(1) (Reply)

17-year-old Boy Sells App For $30 Million To Yahoo Inc / Is Zend Php Certification Obtainable From Nigeria? / Javascript Frameworks In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.