Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,863 members, 7,844,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants (28285 Views)

"We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by akdjr(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
Scam is in many format and virtually every human being engage in it including CEOs, religious leaders. Some scam are considered legal while some fall into the category of illegal means. For instance, I see no difference between a Yahoo guy who convince a lady with a fake love to extort money from her knowing fully well his intention is just to get the money with a pastor who convince congregation to drop money into offering box if they want to receive job,get married this year, gain admission, secure Visa etc. The IELTS exam is a scam that was projected to look like a legit means.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Yankee101: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
English speaking countries shouldn't have to take an English test
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Sheggy13(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jasonteague:

If University of Ibadan can tell their graduate's to write an English proficiency exam to gain admission to study a master's degree. Then I don't blame this people. Imaging a school where I was taught in English. I did many presentations to demonstrate my speaking skills, wrote project, assignments and exams to demonstrate my writing and reading skills. Took notes in class and seminars to demonstrate my listening skills. And after graduating from the school with second class upper, I was told to come display these skills in one stupid exam before I can pursue a master's degree.

Is that not a shame.
Aptly put my brother. Isn't that ludicrous? So let's not blame these foreigners for requesting we write English proficiency tests when our government and institutions we graduated from don't even rate and trust us enough.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by loliapoopy2013(f): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg

You say what you don't know. Make research and update your info. Many schools in the UK recognise weac even neck.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by taiwotosho22(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg
Oga..do your research. Waec/ Neco is accepted in almost all universities in the world.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by taiwotosho22(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

Are you sire you quoted the right person??
sorry, you were misquoted.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by bewla(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Did they force them to apply?
But it's a way of milking the already dry breast

In another form na scam like our government
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by passion007: 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
eskimoeze:
This test shouldn't be applied to Nigerians. A lot of Nigerians speak English fluently more than the native Americans, British or Australians.

Do you really and truly believe what you've just written lol grin

How exactly can you speak English better than English speakers. Who judges what is better?

We can speak Nigerian English better than everyone, but English in this context is British English and Nigerians don't and can't speak it better than British people
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Jman06(m): 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
erenax:

Are you a pharmacist?
Yeah
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by writeprof(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
eskimoeze:
This test shouldn't be applied to Nigerians. A lot of Nigerians speak English fluently more than the native Americans, British or Australians.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Sarmiz24(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
Lastanza:

Some of you claim to be educated but can't prove your education. What's all the ranting and talking down on waec for. That waec is nonsense?
Nigerians always talking down on their own to feel fly and posh.

Let it be known to you that many high school students of those countries will fail waec if they take the exam.
well Waec is nonsense, with all that is going on with them… no one even trust their result to be legit
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Sarmiz24(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

Next time, do your own research and shut up.
Well Waec is still nonsense to me, with fake and tampered result nah I can’t take it serious…
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Sarmiz24(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol they accept WAEC for undergrad in the UK. WAEC is not all that useless nao haba.

USA accept WAEC too and most schools also require SAT.
well just checked the exam is still nonsense to me with their tampered and fake results, nah I can never take dem serious
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Kmf0: 4:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Stay on the sidewalk
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Emekuuss(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

. Yes you can not only use Waec but Neco too. I'm sure you not familiar with the process.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by erenax: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jman06:
Yeah

Are you making use of your degree?
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Seunelvis(m): 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
Impecca:

Was it on scholarship? How did u manage to sponsor yourself? Cos I almost got admitted to University of Plymouth but chickened out after seeing bills
Baba, I still dey trenches in Abj, Nigeria undecided. I got the admission this last December but the scholarship didn't work, if not I should be in UK cos we are supposed to resume on 24th of January embarassed. But we go again this year. Just get cheap schools in UK and most of them don't require you to pay all at ones. I don't know if student loan is available to international students in UK. E go be, I just know this is my last year in this country. Check Hertfordshire University and University of Kent, UK, with 2m you will leave this country; £2000 for CAS and £450 for Visa then get proof of funds. Yeah 2m will take you to UK with this two schools, then you pay the rest in instalments.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by advanceDNA: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
Seunelvis:

Baba, I still dey trenches in Abj, Nigeria undecided. I got the admission this last December but the scholarship didn't work, if not I should be in UK cos we are supposed to resume on 24th of January embarassed. But we go again this year. Just get cheap schools in UK and most of them don't require you to pay all at ones. I don't know if student loan is available to international students in UK. E go be, I just know this is my last year in this country. Check Hertfordshire University and University of Kent, UK, with 2m you will leave this country; £2000 for CAS and £450 for Visa then get proof of funds. Yeah 2m will take you to UK with this two schools, then you pay the rest in instalments.

They have increased health surcharge ..
He no go pay for for TB test
Covid test
Plane ticket....

2M go hard oooo
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 17, 2022
GetMeRight:

Lol. Immigrants who will never smell airports. We do not only speak English but also write UK English version. Rip-off!

@Peacejoylove, do you care to explain why this English proficiency dey expire at all and after just two years?

You want to study or migrate, hmmmm.... 2 years is enough to make a significant step. And if you dont make it then, yowould have seeing it is for you or not. So, 2 years is ok.

English is official to you, but there are many nations there where they dont speak English. E.g. it takes 2 years for swedish to drop from advance to upper intermediate if such doesnt use the language again. And you that is using it as official, your accent can kill you, so you need to keep improving your pronunciation. If you do not practise after two years, you will lose it, and you cant pronounce clearly in such a way their own citizens can understand you. I know many who dont understand British accent. They cant cope with watching British movies, they only just follow pictures only. Lol.

I think you arent exposed enough. You actually wanted to look smart, next time, try to take it easy.

Most Europeans taking the test dont complain, but Nigerians are. Your naira is bad. But when you sgsrg Earnings £, would you remember the amount of naira you paid for the test?
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Ferdartob: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2022
Sarmiz24:

He's right, a significant percentage of UK schools accept at least a credit in English in your WAEC in place of IELTS, some even accept NECO.
Admissions in the UK is pretty easy to get as the regulations are favourable, once you can afford it
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by GetMeRight: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

You want to study or migrate, hmmmm.... 2 years is enough to make a significant step. And if you dont make it then, yowould have seeing it is for you or not. So, 2 years is ok.

English is official to you, but there are many nations there where they dont speak English. E.g. it takes 2 years for swedish to drop from advance to upper intermediate if such doesnt use the language again. And you that is using it as official, your accent can kill you, so you need to keep improving your pronunciation. If you do not practise after two years, you will lose it, and you cant pronounce clearly in such a way their own citizens can understand you. I know many who dont understand British accent. They cant cope with watching British movies, they only just follow pictures only. Lol.

We asked you why the test on use of English expires, and after just two years? That's two questions for you but look at your answer! It didn't explain any of the questions.

[s] I think you arent exposed enough. You actually wanted to look smart, next time, try to take it easy. [/s]

Most Europeans taking the test dont complain, but Nigerians are. Your naira is bad. But when you sgsrg Earnings £, would you remember the amount of naira you paid for the test?

Why the attacks on my personality? Am I frustrating you?
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
Nozino:

What weren’t you properly taught in school? Please, stop this nonsense. Nigerians on the average are very good English speakers.

Averagely you mean ... Pronouncing words with an accent different from English is not good enough . Do you know how many Nigerian confuse "their & there" , been & being and those words are so simple to differentiate. Stop your nonsense too
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Impecca(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Seunelvis:

Wow. Thanks man. This is very helpful to me

Am going for preregistration nursing. There's scholarship (NHS learning scholarship) but I have not been able to pull thru with d admission requirements.

Am in abuja too

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Seunelvis(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
Impecca:

Wow. Thanks man. This is very helpful to me

Am going for preregistration nursing. There's scholarship (NHS learning scholarship) but I have not been able to pull thru with d admission requirements.

Am in abuja too
Nice one bro. We could connect, hit me up on 08147405277
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Impecca(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
Seunelvis:

Nice one bro. We could connect, hit me up on 08147405277
Okay
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by IMASTEX: 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Shokoloko:
I also wrote to IELTS asking how possible it was for proficiency in a language used everyday to be reduced within 24 months? No response
They won't respond because they know you come from a shiiitt country without a government & they are making cool cash.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by adefunkeadelaku(f): 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pls, I need subscribers on my YouTube channel, kindly click on link and subscribe to my channel, thanks https://youtube.com/channel/UCq5Y9C8xSgOoiQsnwgLK04A
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2022
Seunelvis:

Lol, Waec is a standard English proficiency requirement in UK schools. I got admission into Coventry University London, Birkbeck University, and two other using Wassce/Neco not WAEC ooo. Neco!.
hello bro. Is IELTS required to enter Birbek University of London?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Test-Run Blue Line Rail December 2020 / A Question For Nigerians Living In Diaspora / BREAKING: Accident At Aseese Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.