Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,991 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

Server Configuration Using Win 2000 And Xchange Server - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Server Configuration Using Win 2000 And Xchange Server (774 Views)

Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem / Does Anybody Nid D Freegate Settings?so Let Us Xchange Freegate Software For Solibay Software{it Ena / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Server Configuration Using Win 2000 And Xchange Server by AdeniyiG(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
I wnt to network almost 10 computers together with one server (Using Win 2000 Server Os on the server) with Xchange server install so that they can send and receive e-mail on the local machines. How can I configure the network

Also, can I connect the Laserjet printer to Hub directly instead of one of the computer like in the case of workgroup?. Pls I need help on this ugently.
Re: Server Configuration Using Win 2000 And Xchange Server by wales7479(m): 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2007
Adeniyi G.:

I wnt to network almost 10 computers together with one server (Using Win 2000 Server Os on the server) with Xchange server install so that they can send and receive e-mail on the local machines. How can I configure the network

Also, can I connect the Laserjet printer to Hub directly instead of one of the computer like in the case of workgroup?. Please I need help on this ugently.

You have to decide on what u really want to achieve.
Firstly, about the system and Exchange server, be sure that u don't have not more than 10systems in a Workgroup. I will advise you to step up to Server 2003 and use Xchange server 2003 as well cuz it more robust and stable as well and also go for a Domain system instead of Workgroup. I can send you a manual telling you step by steps to Configure Xchange server and Window Server 2003 in a domain. Its very easy and detailed. Please note that Client system will need to have Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 on their system to be able to send and receive emails. All you need do is to do some configurations.

About the LaserJet connecting to a hub, Please don't use a hub cuz a Switch is better than a hub, maybe u are using the wrong term here. U need a device called PRINT SERVER that can connect to you network port or Switch and also it has a USB and/or LPT for the LaserJet Printer. There are different products that u can buy, Dlink, Linksys etc and they are relatively cheap about 15K or less. Also very easy to set-up via the Installation manual.

Please don't hesisate to contact me for further clarifications and questions.

Take Care

waleadesona@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Believe: My Sound Device: Please Learn / Laptops 4 Sale / Start Making Profit Providing Internet Connectivity With A Gprs Enabled Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.