Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,181 members, 7,845,878 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall (314 Views)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall

It's because the devil cannot force you to do what you don't want to do. He can only tempt you, but it's up to you to fall for his temptation or not. If you refuse to fall into temptation and sin, the devil can never make you fall!

But it appears that men have not yet learnt from what transpired in the beginning, when after the fall of man, it turned into a blame game, where the man blamed the woman for his own fall, while the woman shifted the blame to the serpent for her own sin.

Genesis 3:11-13 (KJV)

And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

So either directly or indirectly they were blaming it on the devil as the serpent who the devil used to deceive man represented him.

Revelation 12:9 (KJV)

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

But the truth was they only had themselves to blame, because no one, not even the devil could have forced them to do what they didn't want to do.

That's how the devil got the power he had to do them damage. It was because they gave it to him, otherwise, Satan would have never had any right or power over them but just been a miserable loser forever.

The saddest part is that humans haven't yet learnt from that biggest blunder of all time which turned everything up side down. They're yet voluntarily sinning and falling into temptation, but still apportioning blame to someone else.

You'd hear them frequently saying "it's the work of the devil", as if it was the devil that forced them to do what they weren't willing to do.

If not the devil, it's the woman, just as Adam did in the beginning, as if they're babies that were being forced to sin, but even babies know how to reject something they don't want and say no!

The inclination to put the blame on someone else is the reason why many easily sin or fall into temptation, because they are not willing to take responsibility for their own actions, otherwise they'd think twice before they act.

That's the difference between them and righteous men as Joseph, son of Jacob, who was also tempted and seduced by the woman to sin against God. But because he wasn't inclined to put the blame on someone else even the woman for his own sin, despite that she had tempted him, he said, "how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" Genesis 39:9

So in spite of the great temptation he faced from his master's wife to sin against God, he didn't fall, because he was inclined to take responsibility for his own actions and not blame someone else.

That's the kind of orientation Christ wants for His church - where people were inclined to take responsibility for their own actions and not looking to blame someone else, so that regardless of whatever temptations the devil tries to bring up against them to make them fall, he shall not prevail!

God bless.

Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by Anigreat: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2022
[s]
chatinent:
Now that you've used the JW artistic impression to illustrate yet you say we are in darkness, does it mean you are tapping from the darkness?
[/s]

shocked

Jw artistic impression Ko

Jw dramatic expression ni

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by Dtruthspeaker: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall....

They have mouths so they can blame every thing.

But since, Adam blamed Eve, and Eve blamed Satan, blames have never covered anyone nor prevented punishment for offence from cutting their souls down!
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by chatinent: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2022
Now that you've used the JW artistic impression to illustrate yet you say we are in darkness, does it mean you are tapping from the darkness?
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by Baawaa(m): 7:09am On Jan 16, 2022
Devil has no power over me
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by chatinent: 7:12am On Jan 16, 2022
Anigreat:
[s][/s]

shocked

Jw artistic impression Ko

Jw dramatic expression ni

Nonsense

In your mind now, you get sense.
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by Anigreat: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2022
chatinent:

In your mind now, you get sense.

shocked

Jehovah witness is known to be abusive, so I am not surprised. You're living up to you guys way of life and teaching.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by AntiChristian: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2022
So why did God created Satan in the same garden with Adam and Eve?

Was God unaware of Satan's treachery?

Was everything not God's plan?

If God doesn't want it would it happen?

And according to Isaiah 45: 7, Yahweh creates prosperity and well as problems.

So He made Job fall when Satan whined Him according to the Bible.
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2022
chatinent:
Maybe I don't think you always get it wrong.

You get it right sometimes but...
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by GreatAxeMan: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2022
AntiChristian

So why did God created Satan in the same garden with Adam and Eve?

God did not create Satan in the garden of Eden. Where did you come across this nonsense? All the Bible tells us is that after Lucifer was cast out of heaven for his rebellion, he visited the garden of Eden with the purpose of tempting Adam and Eve into sin, which unfortunately he succeeded in doing.

Was God unaware of Satan's treachery?

God expected Adam and Eve to resist Satan's lies, which is why He held them personally responsible and punished them along with Satan/Lucifer because giving in to temptation is a sin.

Was everything not God's plan?

God doesn't plan evil.

If God doesn't want it would it happen?

God expected the man and woman who He had created in His image to resist the temptations of the devil. Since when has the Christian God gotten the blame for sins committed by human beings?

And according to Isaiah 45: 7, Yahweh creates prosperity and well as problems.

There are two key facts that need to be considered. (1) The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Notice how the other major English Bible translations translate the word as: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV). The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures.

So in other words, evil in this context means punishment inflicted by God on evil doers. This is why God says that He will reward a man according to the works of his hand. If a man does good, God rewards him with good, if he does evil, God rewards him with evil.

So He made Job fall when Satan whined Him according to the Bible.

Job and his friends basically believed in the doctrine of “retribution theology”— which means that every act receives just punishment or reward in this present life, so we should be able to tell who is righteous or wicked by whether they are visibly blessed or cursed on earth. This is a false doctrine, but Job thought it should be true and went on the offensive, charging God with injustice and calling for a trial (Job 29–31). Surprisingly, God condescends and agrees to be put on trial. The speeches in Job 38–41 actually consist of God’s testimony in His own defense. In the “trial” we see that Job has no legal standing to convict God. Job cannot demonstrate how God runs the universe, so he cannot present any evidence of injustice (chapters 38–39). Also, God establishes His absolute right to act as He sees fit. As proof, He points to two creatures—behemoth and leviathan—that mankind has no control over whatsoever and that answer only to God.
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by chatinent: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2022
Anigreat:

shocked

Jehovah witness is known to be abusive, so I am not surprised. You're living up to you guys way of life and teaching.

IN your mind, you don get sense.
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Baawaa:
Devil has no power over me
Amen!
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by andysmith123(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2022
devil has no control over me
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by Dtruthspeaker: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall...

He who participates in a crime, is a criminal.
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2022
Amen!
andysmith123:
devil has no control over me
Re: Why You Should Never Blame The Devil For Your Own Downfall by obonujoker(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2022
True.

Infavt God has given us power to overcome through his son Jesus.

O' Lord always help us to overcome I Jesus.

And they overcome him by the blood and the word of their testimony.

Behold I have given you power to tread upon serpebts and scorpions and over all power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me

(1) (Reply)

Video: Prophet Jeremiah Gifts Clem Ohameze 1.5 Million Naira / Why Can't I See The Names Of Those Who Like And Share My Posts.? / God Demands Complete Obedience To His Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.