Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Married With No Friends : Lets Talk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married With No Friends : Lets Talk (5757 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady / No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
To my married sisters , How has married life affected your 'girl friends'?

I strongly believe that every married woman should have girlfriends, I just lost a friend cry and am having a difficult time accepting it. Am sure there's someone out there who has lost a friend in marriage - am curious to hear details and advice.

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by tEsLim(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2011
Same with some men with very jealous wife sad no more female friends and few brothers can come to the house sad , friday groove cut to once a month thing

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Outstrip(f): 1:00am On Jun 20, 2011
What happened with your friend. Did you guys fight or did you decide you did not need her anymore because you were married

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by tpia5: 4:23am On Jun 20, 2011

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by tpia5: 4:28am On Jun 20, 2011
poster you sound like your friend died.

are you sure you wish her well.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2011
well my husband aint stopping me from having friends, that would be a different ball game.

Nah, she's not dead. The relationship is dead or more or less fizzled out and it hurts like hell. We had a huge argument which i thought we had resolved but then she goes and drops this bombshell on me. She had issues with my husband and am not sure what it is exactly. she beat around the bush a lot and it really got my back up.

Older women keep saying its ok to be married without friends but i am really pissed at that comment! I strongly believe married women need thier friends,

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2011
I still have some of my friends. I think you should stay away from her but b4 you do that, what issues does she have with your hubby?

It all depends on the kinda friend
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by IyaBasira: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2011
Well . . . I'm not married.

But I don't think it's a bad thing to lose a friend. Friends grow apart and honestly you have to learn to be flexible in life. If not, you remain stuck in a rut forever.  What I'm really worried about is her and your husband. If she was truly beating around the bush like you said, then there's something she wants to tell you but maybe your husband has told her not to.

But that's just my opinion anyways.

P.S ; What was the argument about?
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 21, 2011
NH you need to find out what she's been trying to tell you about your husband.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2011
Still kept most of my friends . . .male and female though they are sort of family friends now.
My husband and family occupies the chairman's seat and topmost priority but my pals remains close to me.
@OP,what did she tell you or trying to tell you abt ya hubby undecided
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^ You mean we collabo friends?
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by omotofine(f): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
I think it's normal for friends to drift apart once one of them gets married,mostly because priorities change and the unmarried friends perceive it as you, feeling important because you are married and they are not.
IMO, I think you should just let your friend go, if she was really a true friend, she will try to be happy for you and not try creating problems.
You will make many more friends and as soon as the kids start rolling in, you will hardly have time for yourself talk less of friends, so just concentrate on your new marriage and enjoy,

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
awww. it sounds like the same thing i'm going through. part of it is my fault because i'm still trying to balance out everything, so i don't have as much time for them as i used to.
i agree that you still need to keep your friends. you were a complete person with a social life before that marriage, so you should be one after, but things do have to change.
i'm happy to say i haven't lost any friends i've had for a long time, but i've lost two friends i've made recently. i just wish i could spend more time with them-especially difficult since we live all over the place.
as for that friend, maybe things will change or improve down the line. you never know. just tell her how you feel and leave it at that.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 22, 2011
I don't think having friends is really that important.

1 Like

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by rubi(f): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Any Friend who decides to go, quietly release them maybe they have finish their mission in your life after love insult follows

The next phase might be disaster
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by MissIfe(f): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
I also lost a friend shortly after getting married, and she behaved more or less like your friend. She didn't accept my husband from the day I met him, it had caused arguments between us before but after a few months of distance I thought everything was well, I now think she was just waiting or hoping for us to break up, after the wedding she started being very distant again, going out with other friends, not answering my calls, and so on. I stopped calling her and it has been a few years now that I don't have news. It really hurt for a few months and then I accepted to let her go.

We had a very close friendship before i met my husband, we were staying together a lot, always going out together, shopping together, cooking together, meeting other friends together, i guess my relationship with my husband made her no longer n.1 and that's probably what caused the friendship to end. She herself was engaged but in a long distance relationship, which didn't influence her daily life much.

You might try to talk to her again after some time but remember, some relationships are not meant to last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
Thanks a lot you guys, i love the different perspectives you have brought.

Miss Ife - our stories are surprisingly similar. very very similar infact.

I understand that friends can be for a season and some for a lifetime , i guess i was hoping this one would be for a lifetime and that is what i am struggling with.

jennykadry:

NH you need to find out what she's been trying to tell you about your husband.

Honestly i don't think i wanna know what she really thinks of my husband or what she really wanted to tell, me. The gist of it is that she does not like my husband and I sincerely think this is not about any hidden shenanigans. if he was a boyfriend then maybe i would wanna know but things are different now, (maybe that is the problem, undecided )

stillwater:

I don't think having friends is really that important.

I really believe having friends while married is very important. I think it keeps you sane. they may not be very close friends but it should be like a breath of fresh air.

what is soooo annoying is that i am starting to question our friendship! angry I think I really need to let go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by feminineA: 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
it a normal occurrence for a lady to get married and leave all her friends behind especially the single ones. Its something withing a woman that tell her level must change and its high time i drop all my old friends and start associating with the married ones as the single ones dont know what it means to be married.

But old friends are better than new ones. my dear just move on make sure you are not bitter towards her, wish her well and make new friends. life must continue
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by jamhassan(m): 4:20am On Jun 24, 2011
Married is a very big relationship between boys and girl the of human right should be understand each other then the parents agree to with him.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by pereze: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2011
Depends on your past and lifestyle.
If you have always been a good girl, this should not be a problem. But if on the contrary you have been wayward, for your own good you need top part with some old friends who push and lead you to temptation.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 08, 2011
i personally will not have time for my old friends after i get married, if they want my help or council i will be der for them, but we aint discussing anytin relating to my husband, or our marriage lifestyle, my mum is no exemption, no 3rd party for moi
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by blank(f): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2011
I still keep in touch with my single friends but not as much. I also am trying to make new married friends especially friends with kids. I want to be able to go somewhere with my husband and kids and have everyone be friends.

Sometimes, my single friends don't get it. They want me to come and hang out Friday after work. Can't do so cos my baby is at home. Then they start avoiding the party pooper.

I have to do that cos i spend so much time away from my baby and my husband that i appreciate every little time i get to be with them. That is why i am in the market for family friends. lol.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by ronkebp(f): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2011
I stopped talking to a friend of mine just because she does not like my husband( then he was still my fiance), i don't have time to be choosing beween my husband and friend. I personally cherish friendship, but now, i have other things to think about, i still have my close friends from my university days and they are all married, except one, who i just realised had bad belle all along, and she is riding alone.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by obowunmi(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2011
Married with no friends rule, only applies to women, women who are extremely possessive with low- self esteem. There are some single people out there who need mentors --- anyhoo, married men complain about their crazy wives to their single friends or other married men. Oo ga!
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by horny4u(f): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2011
Its so important to have girlfriends ,
I practically dragged hubby to watch mama mia movie with me when it came out , i mean P.whipping and all , yet he kept on sleeping at the cinema .
Made me feel like I violated his brain.
So for bridesmaid movie i gathered mi girlfriends and had a good laugh while he went with his boys to watch the new transformer or play golf.
I like to have other interests and fun and feel like a babe !
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by tpia5: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
I practically dragged hubby to watch mama mia movie with me when it came out

huh?

torture.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by JeSoul(f): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
^Very interesting responses. I guess it all depends on your type of personality. Some ladies are outgoing social butterflys that need constant contact and interaction with their 'girlfriends' in order to maintain their own 'sanity'. Other ladies are more introverted and perfectly happy with no 'close' girlfriends and/or just the occasional hangout/outing with old/new friends.

Everyone just has to figure out what works for their marriage that both husband & wife are happy and comfortable with. Having friends is good, just have to be careful not to talk too much about your marriage and share things with them you shouldn't.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by clemcykul(f): 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2011
the less friends u gat the less problem , . .ure married u really dont need the ladies.

no permanent friends or enemies , life gotta spurn on wink grin
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
I recently lost a friend as well and it still hurts, i think her main issue forgiving me is that she thinks i judged her husband, what ever that means, it's been about 10 months and i've tried to reach out but i guess her mind is made up. When i was younger i'd be the first to cut anyone off, but as i'm getting older true friendships are uber important. .weird thing is we are got along like crazy and the fall out was kinda my fault, oh well, life happens i guess.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by mutter(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
I think it is silly to have just married friends because one is married. Do you go back to those single friends when they are married and tell them the friendship can resume?
Important is only that friends do not have a negative impact on the marriage.
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Kanwulia: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
What da phock for? undecided
Idle gossip and petty jealousies and unhealthy competition?
Tufiaaaaaaaaaakwa! I ain't gat time for such BORRRRRRRRRRRRING SHYTE! cool

I don't keep 'GAL FRIENDS'! Especially IF THEY ARE MISSSSSSSSEBLE, BORN-AGAIN SINGLES. . . . OR DIVORCED BY GOD OR MAN! kiss
Only MARRIED BOYFRIENDS WITH BEAUTIFUL LIVING WIVES! NOT UGLY BYTCHIZ as MGBEKE-LOKITO-WIVES! kiss

Levels please! kiss
Re: Married With No Friends : Lets Talk by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
I keep platonic friends that goes a long way during crisis...and we love ourselves for that.....birds of the same feather flocks together ..... I love my space, they love their space, and are mostly married women..... So keeping them , after marriage is no biggie ....it's gud... As long, no discussion of my husband and our way of living....we can discuss our career , how to handle babies and inlaws.....so am cool with it, especially when we all have minds of our own.....it's ok to av good friends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Tell My Wife This Little Secret. / Polygamy Essay: Men Having More Than One Wife / How To Be A Better Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.