Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It (3078 Views)

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by OscarJaden(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good afternoon nairalanders,before i start pardon my grammatical errors please
So sometimes last year a female friend of mind came to stay in our apartment me and my guy for a while because of accommodation issues,during that period they started having unprotected sex which i warn my guy to be careful to avoid story that touch.
Around june she move out of our apartment since then we are always keeping in touch via chat and calls,just today she told me that she is pregnant for my guy and she will soon put to bed by first week of February..
She warn me not tell to my guy about it no matter what and i promised her to do so.

The main issue now is that should i let my best friend know about it or i should keep quiet,what if he found out later that he has a baby with her and i have been keeping such secret from him, won't it affect our relationship?mind you,this is a guy we went to the same university together,we do most things together and also presently doing our nysc in the same organisation together

Please i need your advice on what to do so that at the end i won't look like the bad one
Below is our chat between me and the girl

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by madridguy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Some ladies are just funny. So she want to have the baby alone and tomorrow she will be going online ranting is not easy to be a single mother.

Show your friend the chat and tell him to look away when she ready she will tell him herself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by tyup(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
madridguy:
Some ladies are just funny. So she want to have the baby alone and tomorrow she will be going online ranting is not easy to be a single mother.

Show your friend the chat and tell him to look away when she ready she will tell him herself.

If na you, u go just look away like that abi? mu square

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Dbrawllm0098(f): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
I’d tell him, I’d feel really betrayed if a close friend kept that info from me

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jesus mother saith unto the servants, whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by LeeSantos(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
Why would you tell him?
He's has being having unprotected sex with the lady and his sense has not for once asked the girl if she is still seeing her period or even observed her.

You don't have unprotected sex with a girl and you just relax like she has no womb. It's obvious he not a proactive thinker.

Op u already promised the girl not to tell your best friend, keep that promise. Just keep the chat incase of he does find out, u have proof.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by LeeSantos(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
What the reason the lady doesn't want your friend to know about these?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by jimfarayola(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
See Uniabuja guys ��....tell your guy everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by johnpablo541(m): 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Fake story, look at the time stamps on the chats.
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by GboyegaD(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ask her why is she not telling him and is she planning to hook it on someone else? If she doesn't give you a good answer, give her an ultimatum to tell him and let her know should she fail to do that, you will have no other choice than to tell him.

This has to do with the life of an innocent child and he shouldn't be allowed to go through the trauma of not having his/her father in his/her life.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by odinson1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Now she will pin the Child on the head of one Innocent Guy.

Men listen and listen very good! Never accept a baby from your wife or girlfriend without first conducting a DNA test on the child at 2 different Laboratories to compare the Results.

If you like say you trust your wife,na you sabi

Beremx:
a man that shares an apartment with a friend does not have money for DNA. Do you think DNA test is like malaria and typhoid tests? He’s been having unprotected sex? What do you think is the end result?

You women are always so Serious whenever the Issue of DNA test is brought up, why?
Is there something you and your kind are not telling us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
OscarJaden:
The main issue now is that should i let my best friend know about it or i should keep quiet,what if he found out later that he has a baby with her and i have been keeping such secret from him, won't it affect our relationship?mind you,this is a guy we went to the same university together,we do most things together and also presently doing our nysc in the same organisation together

Please i need your advice on what to do so that at the end i won't look like the bad one
Please let your guy and his gal sought themselves out abeg! undecided

Unless you had a three-some with them and are afraid it might be yours too, I see no reason why you shouldn't heed the gal's instruction. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by NairalandMD: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2022

WOMEN!!!
If i noh do DNA paternity test esp' for my first child, make i bend like crayfish,. even if nah me disvirgin the mother i noh send ham... angry

6 Likes

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
This is disturbing.
She shouldn't have told you if she didn't wanna tell your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oscarjaden,
My humble questions to you: Is Did you follow do in love making? If No, why did she informing you in first place
Just tell her that you will let your guy know about what she informed you because make a deaf and dumb man hear a word is the reason the issues is been discuss in the presence of his child/pikin.

OscarJaden:
So sometimes last year a female friend of mind came to stay in our apartment me and my guy for a while because of accommodation issues,during that period they started having unprotected sex which i warn my guy to be careful to avoid story that touch.
Around june she move out of our apartment since then we are always keeping in touch via chat and calls,just today she told me that she is pregnant for my guy and she will soon put to bed by first week of February..
She warn me not tell to my guy about it no matter what and i promised her to do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Opeyemiextra(f): 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
I think there is more to her not wanting to tell the guy and as a mutual friend to both of them, you should find out from the lady. She might just be hiding something or playing on your intelligence.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by socialmediaman: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
OP @ OscarJaden you have an obligation to tell your friend about it if she refuses to. She could be lying to you or maybe she erroneously thinks the child is his, but she has already confided in you so it has become an open secret. Let her know you have to tell your friend if she doesn’t do that herself within a specific period, and apologize for breaking the promise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by carrlyleone: 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
I'm coming first... I just want to tell you OP, that your friend "Ibro" is not impotent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Foodqueen(f): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
She actually wants u you to tell your friend.

But then again, the pregnancy might not be his.

Definitely there was someone she would av pinned it on before things went South between them.

She will keep disturbing you with more chat, checking to see if your friend will accept.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Totiemide: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Just passing

Buh before I go make I branch talk my own.
Firstly, apologize to the girl, e get why because you go need to break that promise. If na you person hide secret from you go gree? No be just secret oo but belle. But if you reason am the babe tell you because she want make you jabo for your friend and she won't stop chatting you until she get a positive answer that the guy will accept.

Secondly, I am confuse with her chat. She said something about having her period that day n her period stopping that day. Guy her story doesn't add up, your friend might actually not be the father. Because for her to keep such secret till 8 month before she tell you hmmm there's something missing.

Thirdly, that your friend need serious beating aswear, unprotected sex? For this Era I tire

Just be a good friend, show him the chat and look away.

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Beremx(f): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
odinson1:
Now she will pin the Child on the head of one Innocent Guy.

Men listen and listen very good! Never accept a baby from your wife or girlfriend without first conducting a DNA test on the child at 2 different Laboratories to compare the Results.

If you like say you trust your wife,na you sabi
a man that shares an apartment with a friend does not have money for DNA. Do you think DNA test is like malaria and typhoid tests? He’s been having unprotected sex? What do you think is the end result?
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by sisisioge: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
Why burden you with the secret biko? Who is more your friend of the duo? I will tell if it's me. Or carry my friend make we go visit am together. Let her explain where the baby come from. Whew....why involve you? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Polynek(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
For me, I suggest U ask the girl if she will feel bad if you tell your friend about the whole thing bcox the secret is too heavy 4 you to conceal.
Her response will determine your next move.
On the contrary if she says NO, tell her dat pls u can't keep Dix secret bcox Dix is ur close if not best friend, U can't betray him like Dix.
OP jox assume if you are the one that ur friend kept such secret from you? How will you feel lax-lax.
OP have it in mind that your friend must surely know about it, it will only take time
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Sucre6: 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Women are unpredictable, op I really don't pray to be in your situation oh, because if I am that your guy I will be so mad at you that you hide such info from me, because no matter how long it takes, he's still gon find out

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by BlackyOne: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Broes before Hoes.... If you don't Gerrit then forget about it
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
Sucre6:
Women are unpredictable, op I really don't pray to be in your situation oh, because if I am that your guy I will be so mad at you that you hide such info from me, because no matter how long it takes, he's still gon find out
Op didn't say the information being hidden from the friendship. Instead it's revelation is simply being delayed and this by the gal in question. What sense would there be in telling the friend the baby is his only to later find out it ain't and this after the gal finally comes around to explain? undecided
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
This is a simple matter.

Ask yourself; If a person I considered my friend knew such information about me, would I want him to tell me?
How would I feel if I found out he knew such and never told me?

Also, where does your loyalty lie? With your friend or with a lady you barely even know?

1 Like

Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by grenje(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
if the revelation is too heavy for you to bear tell your friend asap
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Gadafii: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ask her why you shouldn't tell your friend, and get out of here.

When would you guys stop creating dumb threads with stupid questions
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by Truvelisback(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
OscarJaden:

Remain silent. Act like u know nothing.
Re: Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
I don't understand. Why did you have to be the one who got the news first? Your flatmate slept with her, no? When you can't keep your distance as a man, you'll be offered lots of garbage in your life. Other men must try not to be like this OP.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs You Are A Self-hater / Please Help I'm Not In A Good State Of Mind / I Am Tired Of Living With This Broke Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.