Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

My Reply To Efcc's Sam Ryhme On Facebook - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Reply To Efcc's Sam Ryhme On Facebook (374 Views)

Reply To Lai Mohammed: No Bombs But Tombs! / What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned / Do U Have Bookshop In Nigeria? See Epic Reply By Chimamanda To French Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Reply To Efcc's Sam Ryhme On Facebook by onosbaba3310: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
So earlier today, Efcc posted a Ryhme about Yahoo boys as usual I took time to read and understand the Ryhmes, but honestly I don't find it funny and I had to write my own rhymes to reply them...

Mind you am a programmer, so this is my first time writing rhymes but don't look at the grammar focus on the message...

Here is my reply..

Sam was an innocent child..

His only crime was been born in Africa.

A continent where there is no hope for the common man.

He was born a free man, but became a slave in his own land.

Not ruled by the colonial masters, but enslaved by his fellow black man.

Sam dream was to become a software engineer, his dad a peasant farmer, his mother a small scale trader..

Sam saw education as the light that will brighten his path.

He never saw light in crime, so he swore to always do what is right.

Sam parents promised to give him what they never had, EDUCATION! even borrowed from the bank, he was the only child.

Few years later Sam graduated with first-class, an intelligent young man, he was smart.

He thought he finally got the keys to a better a life, his parents were proud he was finally going to change their lives.

6 years later Sam is still on the street looking for where to squat for the night..

Laying under car, where he usually pass his nights, Sam took time to think about his life.

He remembered Musa, Emeka and Adeola who were his classmates back in the University of Calabar, who were children of prominent politicians, they have been long employed even with their lower-class..

Sam thought of going to the village, to his father's farm, but his father no longer own the land, he lost to the bank..

Sam has no choice but to face the crime he swore never to try.

he had no plans to Bambam, he had no plans to chill with the big guys..

He only wanted to achieve a better life,since he couldn't get it by living a rigthouse life.

his family deserve a better life, unfortunately in a country like Nigeria,where there is future for the common man.

You have to do what you have to do to survive, he sighs knowing he has broken his vows and would never lived a normal life.

Sam is not just the boy on Instagram,

Sam is not that boy chilling with the big guys,

how about that Sam that is a politician?

Sam is that man that has moved the country's wealth to another land.

Sam is the Efcc officials that will burst into innocent people houses, an called them fraudsters,without trials.

Sam is the Efcc officials that will choose to arrest and persecute the common man that stole 1 million naira and free the politician that stole billions of naira.

Sam is that police officer that arrest innocent boys and tag them criminals without search warrants.

Sam is that police officer that is ready to pull the trigger on another man's child,

if he is not ready to do the transfer..

Sam is not a person, Sam is virus, circulating in our motherland..

Efcc you can't arrest Sam , because Sam is not a person, it is a virus, everyone in Nigeria has even Bawa.

but we have not been given the opportunity to practice sam.

Efcc,can you please fumigate the land instead of finding Sam, don't just arrest the people with the Sam virus,
find the vaccine to kill Sam..

The vaccine is good Education, justice, quality health services, infrastructural development, jobs and empowerment schemes...

And to get these vaccines, you only have to do one thing, go after those producing Sam by stopping us from having the vaccines..and they are.. OUR GREEDY POLITICIANS...

Destiny Ojiezele

Re: My Reply To Efcc's Sam Ryhme On Facebook by dawnomike(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
I prefer the conciseness of EFCC's rhyme to yours... Sam must be take out of the society and incarcerated.
Re: My Reply To Efcc's Sam Ryhme On Facebook by myguccilife(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
Omg I love your poem, it’s so touching ���

(1) (Reply)

Academic Writer Needed / Copywriter /content Writer / Difference Between Blank Verse And Free Verse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.