Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? (1067 Views)

I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Gee64: 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
My close friend is 59 and he looks really skinny. He has no underlying ailments. He is naturally thin and that bothers him so much that he has developed inferiority complex when among us..his friends.
He's taken eggs and a lot of akpu and eba. He even drinks beverages often, still no way.

He is so depressed that evening his wife is concerned as no clothes fit him.

Can Nairalanders please help proffer solution to this?

MODERATOR CAN YOU PLEASE PUSH THIS TO FRONT PAGE TO ALLOW MORE RESPONSES?
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
it's good for his age, fatness at such age comes with it's side effect
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by suffering: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
It’s not by food, it’s by lifting weights. OP lift heavy things and your figure will change.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
OP, your close friend isn't eating lots of calories. Tell your friend to start eating lots of calories every 2-3 hours everyday, then he should relax and always sleep. Na people sef go dey tell am say he don fat sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by SilentVboy: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
Gee64:
My close friend is 59 and he looks really skinny. He has no underlying ailments. He is naturally thin and that bothers him so much that he has developed inferiority complex when among us..his friends.
He's taken eggs and a lot of akpu and eba. He even drinks beverages often, still no way.

Bro, u need to know that not all skinny persons add weight. Some are just naturally skinny. So if that person is like that, then there is nothing that person can do.

In fact, that stature is even nice at such age. This is because such a person may even look like one who is around 40.

I have a friend like that. We call him "everyday youngie" because he looks like one who is between 25 to 28 but actually he is almost 40years.

So allow that guy.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by muheeb01(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Gee64:

it's not about eating eva,eggs and all....he can contact me he will deworm and also take agbo for him to gain weight naturally,he can take the herb alone or with milk...he'll eat,sleep well,become more fresh and gain weight,pure natural herb
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by mojibbz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
muheeb01:
it's not about eating eva,eggs and all....he can contact me he will deworm and also take agbo for him to gain weight naturally,he can take the herb alone or with milk...he'll eat,sleep well,become more fresh and gain weight,pure natural herb
Herb to gain weight??

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Jakumo(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2022
suffering:
It’s not by food, it’s by lifting weights. OP lift heavy things and your figure will change.

Your point is well taken, but muscular weight gain is best achieved with a combination of improved diet and weight lifting.

Now, noting that the person in question is almost 60 years old, he must NOT attempt to lift heavy weights right away but should start light, and thereby increase the poundage only after he becomes used to the initial lighter weights. Rushing to lift a heavy weight could result in injury at any age, but particularly if the person is older, as is the case with this man.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2022
At 59,i will advice he eats very clean. More fruits and vegetables.less salt intake,less fried foods, consumption of whole grain foods,no junk and processed foods As far as his blood pressure and sugar levels is okay, no prostate cancer and the likes, he is good to go. He should just try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. He could start doing some light weights, he should not to attempt carrying heavy weights at all,his bone density and strength level can't sustain it at all. Moreover noone knows the condition of his heart. He can engage in body weight exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, planks, squats etc. angry

In addition to the above, that your friend has an ectomorphic bodytype, they are also called hardgainers. They hardly put on mass no matter the calorie intake. So the main thing for him is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and do some exercise. Maybe, just maybe, the mass will show up.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Jakumo(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2022
LIVINGICON:
At 59,i will advice he eats very clean. More fruits and vegetables.less salt intake,less fried foods, consumption of whole grain foods,no junk and processed foods As far as his blood pressure and sugar levels is okay, no prostate cancer and the likes, he is good to go. He should just try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. He could start doing some light weights, he should not to attempt carrying heavy weights at all,his bone density and strength level can't sustain it at all. Moreover noone knows the condition of his heart. He can engage in body weight exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, planks, squats etc. angry

Good suggestions all. Bone density is an important consideration for older people planning exercise regimes. Easy does it, as you say, with no ambitious attempts to be Superman in the gym.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2022
Jakumo:

Good suggestions all. Bone density is an important consideration for older people planning exercise regimes. Easy does it, as you say, with no ambitious attempts to be Superman in the gym.

True. Even if he wanted to be a super man in the gym, that time is long gone at 59.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Jakumo(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2022
LIVINGICON:

True. Even if he wanted to be a super man in the gym, that time is long gone at 59.

This is the conventional wisdom, but then every rule has notable exceptions. Check out this animal aged 60. No telling if he is using testosterone injections, which damage health, or worse still, steroids, but he looks natural in the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoTBdvqTR6Y

No discussion of this topic would be complete without an honorable mention of Dr. Gene James demonstrating supreme fitness aged 60 in the year 2017 when this clip was posted on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJgJYg8PHk

Dr. Gene James is still going strong as a muffug when this new clip was posted just two DAYS ago in 2022 aged 65 years young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15NkfoVHUao
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
@jakumo.
It is very possible these guyz have been into fitness all their lives and so their bone density can still withstand the rigours of heavy lifting.
Serge nubret of blessed memories trained into his sixties and was still ripped and muscular for his age. Even Dwayne Johnson at 49 is still going strong and can still lift heavy till he drops dead literally.

In summary, a man who lift heavy naturally during his younger days can still lift heavy in his old age.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Jakumo(m): 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2022
LIVINGICON:
@jakumo.
It is very possible these guyz have been into fitness all their lives and so their bone density can still withstand the rigours of heavy lifting.
Serge nubret of blessed memories trained into his sixties and was still ripped and muscular for his age. Even Dwayne Johnson at 49 is still going strong and can still lift heavy till he drops dead literally.

In summary, a man who lifts heavy naturally during his younger days can still lift heavy in his old age.

This is a very good point. The benefit of weight lifting is that it preserves bone density over a lifetime, starting when people are in their late teens, with the big payoff for such healthy-living individuals bearing fruit in their above-40 years when their bones will be much stronger than those of similarly aged people who did not develop that training habit early in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Gee64: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
I tire oh.
mojibbz:

Herb to gain weight??
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Jakumo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
Gee64:
I tire oh.

If you gained nothing from the points me and the other respondent made here, then you are on your own sir haha.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Gee64: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 09, 2022
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by GindoX(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2022
Upload his pics or we don't believe it
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Kemfun(f): 11:25am On Feb 10, 2022
He should eat very well, eat, and sleep very well too, however he can buy this multivitamin Syrup "Apetamine or Apetabon" it's very effective, would make him eat very well, sleep, and gain weight.
Re: Is It Possible For A Very Skinny Person To Gain More Weight? by Gee64: 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Please specify.
Jakumo:

If you gained nothing from the points me and the other respondent made here, then you are on your own sir haha.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help / The Most Excellent Medical Weight Loss Clinic In California / The Triangular Relationship Between The Killers: Stress, Hypertension & Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.