Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,805 members, 7,837,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers (4258 Views)

Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial / Police Kill 2 Robbers In Abuja, Recover Pistol And Bullets (photo) / Taxi Driver Commits Suicide After Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by Hoodrat(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
I'm just been sincere right here and is a pity you opposed my opinions.too many lives been wasted in nigeria, They should at least setence them to 20 years or more instead of killing. If death be the case,our leaders should also be sentence to death. 50/50.
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2011
Hoodrat:

I'm just been sincere right here and is a pity you opposed my opinions.too many lives been wasted in nigeria, They should at least setence them to 20 years or more instead of killing. If death be the case,our leaders should also be sentence to death. 50/50.

When ur leaders are arrested, charged then u get the jail sentence that merit their crime and for armed robbers they deserved to be stoned to death
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by Ad4(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2011
These robbers deserve to die like mosquitoes. They embarked on robbery operations on their own free will and ended up killing people (people not mosquitoes). They deserve to die to serve as deterrent to those that continue to embark on criminal activities because times are hard. This country is overpopulated with robbers so much so that we need to curb their population.

I till my land and slave honestly everyday to earn a decent meal, grow my crops and sell to earn a living. I brave the elements of weather while doing that. And when I earn my proceeds, some riffraff will stick a gun at my face and ask for my hard earned money because times are hard. I also pay my taxes to a government that does not build roads for me to transport my produce to the market. Rather, my tax is used to buy meals for some robber that earned a life sentence because he got caught stealing and ended up in jail. He went stealing because times are hard. Hard for him and soft for me, abi??

EVERY ROBBER SHOULD BE BURNT ALIVE TILL THEIR TONGUE STICK OUT.

I sopport bros in many ways. Because politicians are stealing then armed robbers will also still. I also work to earn a living despite what the politicians are doing.Should we all turn to rubbers because Politicians are stealing?if they commited a crime and the law sentences them to death so be it.Forget about politicians.
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by Rhea(f): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Click her to see what these criminals deserve.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-688966.0.html

We have to bring back days like this.

I would even suggest a better and more expedient method: petrol, tire and lighter/matches. End of story.
[/size]
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2011
The life expectancy in Nigeria is 48.1 years according to world bank. Armed robbers, assassins, rapist, corrupt politicians e.t.c all deserve lethal injection.
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by ITbomb(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
The Supreme Court, last weekend, on two separate judgements, upheld the judgements of lower courts which

convicted and sentenced Bankole and Nafada to death.

A five-man panel constituted by Justices Alooma Mariam Mukhtar, Walter Samuel, Kanu Onnoghen, Francis Fedode Tabai, John Afolabi Fabiyi and Bode-Rhodes Vivour in its decision held in Bankole’s case that they saw no conceivable reason to interfere with the decision and opinion of the court below.

They declared also that the appeal filed against the Court of Appeal, Abuja judgment that affirmed the conviction and sentencing of Amoshima to death is without merit and consequently dismissed.

Bankole, whose trial commenced in July 30,2002, was accused of robbing one Alhaji Oshikoya Yinka of N51,000 at gunpoint at Igoya Imowo, near Ijebu- Ode, Ogun State, in the company of others said to be at large.

He was tried on a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery at the Ijebu-Ode Judicial Division of the High Court which convicted and sentenced him to death.

On the other, Nafada were said to have robbed one Alhaji Zakari Mohammed of his Peugeot Vehicle  and  10bn naira on April 6,2010 with a pen, resulting in his death in his house at Kasuwan Dutse area of Suleja, Niger State.

The accused were said to have beaten up Zakari to death during the robbery operation. One of those who beat up the deceased known as Uche, was however summarily convicted during the Niger State Chief Judge’s prison decongestion exercise.

Uche was the 4th accused person in the original charge which involved eight persons.

Four out of the eight accused were discharged and acquitted while the remaining three were ordered to defend themselves.

In a lead judgement delivered by Justice Onnoghen, he said, "There is no specific provision of the said Act stating that a state Attorney General cannot do so or only the AGF can do so.

"This is a very busy court whose time ought not to be toyed with or wasted on issues which do no one any good.

The learned trial judge and the prosecuting counsel made every opportunity available to the accused for his defence but he failed to utilize the opportunities. He cannot therefore be heard to complain about denial of fair hearing".

One of the two-count charges stated that, Ohakim and others now at large, on July 14, 2001, at Igoya Imowo in the Ijebu-Ode Judicial Division, while armed with offensive weapons to wit; guns robbed one Alhaji Oshikoya Yinka of N51,000 and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(2)(a) of the Money Laundering and corruption  (Special Provisions )Act, 1999".
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
in Nigeria, na only person wen dem catch red handed b the thief,
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by fredoooooo: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
poor man wey thief maggi we go see him face for crime fighter , rich man wey still money we no dey see their face for crime fighter , tell me something i no know ,
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by ibgreatman: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Supreme Court Okays Death For 2 Robbers by tsadiq(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
All I wish death sentence should also be applied to our polithiefciance who ruin this country to this stage, curruption is the mother_cause of all crimes every body knows that !. As 4 the robbers I dont blame them' ! Its not their fault.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Scatters Ex-girlfriend Traditional Marriage, Demands For N22M In Imo (photos / CLOSED / Armed Robbery In Nigeria : Which Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.