Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year (1869 Views)

My Regrets As A Part Time Student, That I Won't Wish For Anyone-amaka Agbo / Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers Pdf Free Download (1960 Till Date) / 5 Secondary School Students Promise Not To Get Pregnant Till They Graduate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by AdeniyiAr9: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
I want to open a bank account I want to be depositing between 15 to 20k every month till the end of the year. This will be an account I won't touch till the end of the year. Please what kind of account will be appropriate with little or no charges?. Second I need you guys to recommend a bank.
Salary is coming next week and I want to have a good saving culture this year.

2 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by LordIsaac(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nice questions... waiting for answers too.

2 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by adedayoa2(f): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:
I want to open a bank account I want to be depositing between 15 to 20k every month till the end of the year. This will be an account I won't touch till the end of the year. Please what kind of account will be appropriate with little or no charges?. Second I need you guys to recommend a bank.
use piggyvest or cowrywise

3 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by LandMann: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Open a binance account... Start buying BTC, DOT or ADA with the money every month now that the market is crashing... By 2024 when the next bull run comes with the BTC halving event, the value of your money will go up...

Or use the money to buy original gold every month and store it safely till when you need it.

If you save your money in any bank, inflation will eat it away and you'll be surprised at how much the real value of your naira will be by the time you need it.

With Nigeria preparing to elect another old useless leader and the US preparing to actively defend the dollar by raising interest rate, the future doesn't look good for the country and the currency.

Cheers

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Bakrabas: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:

Open a domiciliary account, the more the naira depreciate the more your dom appreciate but if dollars should crash against naira, that's gobey

3 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by taiwotosho22(m): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:

I will advise you to have savings plan in form of policy(Whole Life Plan) with any of the insurance companies. You will be issued policy number and certificate. You can do 1year or 18months. You only need to contribute fixed amount monthly, then you get your full money back at the stipulated time.
You can try 'coronation Insurance' Google search them.
You can be my client if interested.

2 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Rickmann: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
LandMann:
Open a binance account... Start buying BTC, DOT or ADA with the money every month now that the market is crashing... By 2024 when the next bull run comes with the BTC halving event, the value of your money will go up...

Or use the money to buy original gold every month and store it safely till when you need it.

If you save your money in any bank, inflation will eat it away and you'll be surprised at how much the real value of your naira will be by the time you need it.

With Nigeria preparing to elect another old useless leader and the US preparing to actively defend the dollar by raising interest rate, the future doesn't look good for the country and the currency.

Cheers

Hello bro..
Ur forecast actually sounds good but what's the assurance cos I'm actually interested in this.

3 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by sunday478(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
Save on piggyvest you will get 8% interest

1 Like

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by LandMann: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Rickmann:

Hello bro..
Ur forecast actually sounds good but what's the assurance cos I'm actually interested in this.

Hello bro. There's no assurance, only faith and hope. The risk you take today is the benefit one will reap tomorrow. Nothing is certain, only educated guesses based on research and history.

The safety of leaving your money in any useless Nigerian bank in Naira also comes with a price. Inflation. You'll definitely loose a portion of your money without realising it.

You plan to buy something worth N240,000 today in December this year or January, 2023. You save 20k monthly. December/January comes and that item is now worth N300,000 or N450,000 due to inflation, bad governance and corruption... You either have to work more to cough out the balance or shelve your plans. That's the price of safety.

The risk of investing in crypto is that the price of the crypto may drop drastically especially if negative sentiments persists for long. If you invest in a good token with good fundamentals and widespread adoption, it will recover from the low prices and sometimes pass your entry price which is then profit.

The price of BTC, ETH, DOT, ADA, and other good tokens have fallen in the past and came back up stronger.

The naira has been falling since we discovered crude oil and started exporting in commercial quantity... Has it ever risen back in value? Is there a year in Nigeria were inflation was lower than the previous year or prices of things dropped, which means a stronger Naira?

Ask yourself these fundamental questions and decide for yourself. As for me, I no longer believe in the viability of this corntree because we have too many people who are prepared to die to elect one useless president and governor after another.

5 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by ugonology(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
LandMann:

Cheers
DOT and ADA might fade away before the next bull run... buy bitcoin

1 Like

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by AdeniyiAr9: 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
adedayoa2:
use piggyvest or cowrywise

Thanks. Will check them out

1 Like

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by neuf(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
Rickmann:

Hello bro..

There's no assurance but it's worth the risk.... Cryptocurrency will give you a higher interest rate than putting the money in a savings account.
Or if you want a safe bet, something that won't depreciate... Contact me on telegram through the number on my signature, I have some real estate investment with a 2 - 5 years spread you can put your money in and be relaxed about the future. As we all know, land does not depreciate and can't never be stagnated

1 Like

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Nothingserious: 6:10am On Jan 23, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:

Great idea.

Please approach any commercial bank and open a simple savings account and save the money. When you need it, there are no stories. You just take your money and do what you wish with it. No drama. No stories.

Don’t listen to anyone talking about inflation. Basic secondary school economics taught us the three types of money people keep.
Not all money is for investment. Not all is for real estate. Even big businesses keep cash ( liquid and quick assets) for daily operations and for emergencies when opportunities like cheap land or cheap car or cheap shop come up.

How much inflation is going to happen to N240k in a year that would stress you to start scratching your head on plenty of ideas? Pls just save the money and take it when you need it.

Option 2 is the insurance life savings. They mostly do for 2-5 years. So you will need to understand the terms and explain to them to give you a policy for 1 year just like you want.

Third one is the dom account. This is okay but the diff in the USD 400-420 usd at the end of the year might not be much. You will require references to open the account. When you withdraw back, you might incur small charges and then look for a buyer. If this is okay for you, go ahead.

But don’t put a savings you suffered to get into an investment you do not understand. You just need your money when you need it without much stress.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by NaijaCuzin: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:
there is savings account for that, I think

And also piggy vest, they will be removing the 20k from your account monthly
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Ay04z(m): 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Create a binance account..... Save usdt every month.... Thanks me in 2023...wen u become a millionaire

1 Like

Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by officialfestus(m): 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ay04z:
Create a binance account..... Save usdt every month.... Thanks me in 2023...wen u become a millionaire
can you explain in more detail please?
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Ay04z(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
officialfestus:
can you explain in more detail please?
download binance... Sign up first and Verify. Den kom back to. Me
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by officialfestus(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ay04z:
download binance... Sign up first and Verify. Den kom back to. Me
I've downloaded it
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by MaverickA3: 3:17am On Jan 26, 2022
If you are using GTB, you can open a GT Target savings account using the Mobile App. Select your target amount and on what basis you want to be saving. I think they'll charge you #300. Then you input your withdrawal date.
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by Nozino: 3:53am On Jan 26, 2022
AdeniyiAr9:

PiggyVest
Re: An Account I Won't Touch Till The End Of The Year by AdeniyiAr9: 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
MaverickA3:
If you are using GTB, you can open a GT Target savings account using the Mobile App. Select your target amount and on what basis you want to be saving. I think they'll charge you #300. Then you input your withdrawal date.
Thanks for this. I just bought an insurance policy today for one year with 5percent interest. But I will also try out this GtB. I want to learn how to save this year

(1) (Reply)

How do you plan to spend your time during the ASUU strike? / I Begged To Feed, Graduated With First Class, Yet No Meaningful Job –Bashir, ABU / Unical Postgraduate Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.