Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? (1619 Views)

Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / How Important Is A Son In Igbo Tribe / Lady Begins Search For A Life Partner For Her Mother (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by 2scorehigh(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
Just wondering.

Will you base your choice of Partner on Astrology?

How important is astrology to you when it comes to compatibility with your partner?

Let's hear your views.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 23, 2022
The last on my list of consideration.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 9:01am On Jan 23, 2022
2scorehigh:
Just wondering.

Will you base your choice of Partner on Astrology?

How important is astrology to you when it comes to compatibility with your partner?

Let's hear your views.

Some people take it so serious it's shocking.

I don't understand why you'll think planetary bodies, particles and free space will have anything to do with humans.

Latching on to astrology is simply transference of dependency.

i.e. jumping from religious brainwashing to scientific brainwashing.

It's a new year, don't waste it on nonsense.

@the topic:

Really?

Choice of spouse based on astrology?

I can't see anything or anyone more stupid.

Anyone who looks at stars and planets before making decisions is simply irresponsible and immature.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Saintmary:

I don't understand why you'll think planetary bodies, particles and free space will have anything to do with humans.

@the topic:

Really?

Anyone who looks at stars and planets before making decisions is simply irresponsible and immature.

I am not irresponsible and immature.

Everyone to their beliefs, I believe in it and will never call it nonsense because I understand and appreciates its value astrology is as old as time.

People are good at condemning what they don't understand and it is not stupid because you say so.

I for one definitely relies on astrology for many things including a life partner and it has been working very well for me

7 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Mariangeles(f): 9:53am On Jan 23, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Everyone to their beliefs, I believe in it and will never call it nonsense because I understand and appreciates its value astrology is as old as time.

People are good at condemning what they don't understand and it is not stupid because you say so.

I for one definitely relies on astrology for many things including a life partner and it has been working very well for me

How has it helped you?

I think it is interesting though.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Mariangeles(f): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2022
Saintmary:

@the topic:

Really?

It kinda helps with compatibility in personalities to some extent, but I wouldn't advise one to rely completely on it.
It also helps you understand yourself and others better.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2022
Mariangeles:

How has it helped you?

I think it is interesting though.
It is interesting and has helped me make better choices.

It helped me rediscover myself, harnessing my talents and trying out new challenges I gave up on.

It has taught me to know more about myself in making better choices if I am conflicted or confused on what to do.

It helps serve as a guide for me and how I relate with people astrology is more than your star sign it goes deeper, interesting and sometimes mysterious.

I don't depend on it 100% or see it as infallible I don't get too carried away with it but I will not condemn it or disregard it too by calling it false.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by missdee23(f): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2022
Nope, I see it as a fun superstition of sorts, not something to base serious matters on. I don't want to get involved with someone who'll use astrology sign as an excuse for everything.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2022
Well at least through astrology I've known and understood myself more, both my strengths and weaknesses which is surprisingly 87% precise, I just wished I knew about astrology a little bit earlier, it would have saved me from a lot of self induced conflict with my mind and personality, now I'm not too hard on myself anymore cos I've figured that's just how I was built.

5 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

It is interesting and has helped me make better choices.

It helped me rediscover myself, harnessing my talents and trying out new challenges I gave up on.

It has taught me to know more about myself in making better choices if I am conflicted or confused on what to do.

It helps serve as a guide for me and how I relate with people astrology is more than your star sign it goes deeper, interesting and sometimes mysterious.

I don't depend on it 100% or see it as infallible I don't get too carried away with it but I will not condemn it or disregard it too by calling it false.
What deeper mediums do you use?
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2022
Senomi:

What deeper mediums do you use?

I use different astrology websites to study more and understand patterns/charts beyond my star sign and focus on other signs like the moon, rising signs and so on sometimes I could contact astrologers too all found online. They could be quite revealing and deep

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

I use different astrology websites to study more and understand patterns/charts beyond my star sign and focus on other signs like the moon, rising signs and so on sometimes I could contact astrologers too all found online. They could be quite revealing and deep
Don't they ask for money
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2022
Senomi:

Don't they ask for money

They do but it is not that expensive though grin grin
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Richy4(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Does that thing really work for people? I mean the astrology thing...
Someone has asked me ones the month I was born, I told him, and he started saying something everyone knew already... like a guessing game..
I was just looking at him the way we look@ Jehovah's witness embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

You got defensive because my comment looked like an attack.

Immaturity in this context means leaving your choices to external factors.

Irresponsibility speaks to not being in charge of your decision making and by extension the outcomes.

P. S. If it's working for you, who am I to judge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
Mariangeles:

It kinda helps with compatibility in personalities to some extent, but I wouldn't advise one to rely completely on it.
It also helps you understand yourself and others better.

I'd rather rely on Psychology and Social sciences when it comes to compatibility and personality traits.

I still maintain that a planet cannot make me do or become what I did not decide. Being a human means I maintain my right to take charge of my outcome in life.

I'm very protective of my Will, Individuality and ability to make decisions.

But if course, to each their own.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by oazeez1991(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Don't mind him jare. Most people are quick to condemn anything that doesn't go inline with their perspective or believe which is myopic.

I for one also share belief on the Astrology stuff as it has personally help me discover my true self and how I naturally acts. It was like someone somewhere narrating me as if he or she actually know me as it so align.

Meanwhile, I've developed a conscious act to put it to use while choosing a life partner. As a #Cancer, I'm on the look out for a fellow Water sign (Pisces and Scorpion) or maybe Taurus which is an Earth sign, but my wish is for a #Pisces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by DonroxyII: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
Saintmary:

@the topic:

Really?

The most important to me is Psychology(Emotional Intelligence) and Psychiatry instead of Astrology.

People can alter Behaviour and you would still be stressing yourself over some astrological positions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by DonroxyII: 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Saintmary:

I'd rather rely on Psychology and Social sciences when it comes to compatibility and personality traits.

I still maintain that a planet cannot make me do or become what I did not decide. Being a human means I maintain my right to take charge of my outcome in life.

I'm very protective of my Will, Individuality and ability to make decisions.

But if course, to each their own.
You and Poco head just dey banging Hot cheesy
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
DonroxyII:
The most important to me is Psychology(Emotional Intelligence) and Psychiatry instead of Astrology.

People can alter Behaviour and you would still be stressing yourself over some astrological positions.

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by DonroxyII: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Saintmary:

Exactly.
Once I understand your temperament and Charts of mental processing, Gbam. All I do is develop counter and Linear Measures to take Control of All our Situations.

Just like driving a Car once you understand the Machine phewwwwww that's all.. The Remaining is Mental(Temparent and Emotional) Management ... High it or low it at will. cheesy

All you see is Good dude, You won't see me doing it and next line of behaviour/response can easily be predicted then altered or allowed to flow.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
DonroxyII:
Once I understand your temperament and Charts of mental processing, Gbam. All I do is develop counter and Linear Measures take Control. Just like driving a Car once you understand the Machine phewwwwww that's all!!

Hmmmm.

No hidden manipulation tactics for me.
No astrology
No extraterrestrial shenanigans
Just simple and clear happy peaceful life.

Anything outside of that, count me out.

Go out there and see how people have bent their spirits out of shape by following unverified precepts that only lead them down the path of pain because they have chosen to not acknowledge God as their only Help.

I stand with God
I stand with Peace
I stand with Clarity
Goodness and Mercy follow me.

May my path be full of Light.
I reject every shadow.

There is no more hidden knowledge or new revelations to be found on this planet.

Everything has already been revealed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by DonroxyII: 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
Saintmary:

Hmmmm.

No hidden manipulation tactics for me.
No astrology
No extraterrestrial shenanigans
Just simple and clear happy peaceful life.

Anything outside of that, count me out.

Go out there and see how people have bent their spirits out of shape by following unverified precepts that only lead them down the path of pain because they have chosen to not acknowledge God as their only Help.

I stand with God
I stand with Peace
I stand with Clarity
Goodness and Mercy follow me.

May my path be full of Light.
I reject every shadow.

There is no more hidden knowledge or new revelations to be found on this planet.

Everything has already been revealed.
You may never know you are being manipulated grin because You will immediately put up Resistance when sensed cheesy .. But When one just relied on Oestrogen and the inherent weaknesses... God is Good all the time, Hot Brain needed to cool off!

We shouldn't be a slave to our mental resolutions but Stand to Our Belief and Be open to Diversification when Obvious.

The Principles of God is Supreme and the Only Good. Nonetheless, Everything has not been revealed, there is More to Come but Come What May, The Axiom of God Stands till Eternity because God is Supreme.
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Klass99(f): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:
Seno.mi & Ladyhippolyta88, please come o.

How does this thing work? Is my zodiac sign the only thing required for an in-depth analysis of me? My strengths, weaknesses and all?

Don't laugh, I want to win the lottery and would like to know what my chances are at that, if any. grin
No it is not just your zodiac sign, your natal charts are very important and can be read by an astrologer to help you get an in-depth analysis of yourself.

Your zodiac sign is not the real koko although it is an important aspect of yourself but it still varies because your moon and rising sign can be different from the people you share the same zodiac sign with.

Every zodiac sign is usually in your birth/natal chart.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Klass99:
Senomi & Ladyhippolyta88, please come o.

How does this thing work? Is my zodiac sign the only thing required for an in-depth analysis of me? My strengths, weaknesses and all?

Don't laugh, I want to win the lottery and would like to know what my chances are at that, if any. grin
Go and google your birth chart tongue lipsrsealed
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Klass99(f): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Steep(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
People who practice these things place themselves directly under the control of demons.
Astrology, tarot card reading , palmistry, ouja board, are all medium to contact spiritual entities in the spiritual planes.
There are demons/spirits that works strictly by planetary order.
Most pagan worship are done with strict observation of astrology, the rise and fall of moon and sun, these occultic practices have being repackaged and sold to people under guise of harmless way to know yourself but in the real sense you become a slave to elemental forces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
DO YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE I HAVE HATED WHOM WERE INNOCENT BECAUSE OF THIS ZODIAC MADNESS. I HAVE HAD BITTER EXPERIENCES WITH ARIES BOSSES AND SUPERIORS, I EVENTUALLY ENDED UP HATING AN ARIES PERSON INNOCENTLY WHOM WOULD HAVE HELPED ME OUT OF THIS LOW INCOME CONDITION I FIND MYSELF. ONLY TO LATER KNOW THE PERSON IS N0T WHAT I THOUGHT. IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR MIND..... MAKE YOU GENERALISE ABOUT PEOPLE.... RUNAWAY FROM THAT ILLOGICAL, UNSCIENTIFIC AND SATANIC NONSENSE. PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE NOT ZODIAC SIGNS.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by bigjackass: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Superstitions and jargons. Nothing anyone can say will convince me that zodiac signs is not nonsense. My two brothers share the same birthday and there is no similarities at all in the way they behave and approach life. I have also seen set of twins that their personalities are so different you will doubt they are even related talkless of being twins. Zodiac sign my foot

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Astrology To You When It Comes To Choosing A Life Partner? by Saintmary(f): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
DonroxyII:
You may never know you are being manipulated grin because You will immediately put up Resistance when sensed cheesy .. But When one just relied on Oestrogen and the inherent weaknesses... God is Good all the time, Hot Brain needed to cool off!

We shouldn't be a slave to our mental resolutions but Stand to Our Belief and Be open to Diversification when Obvious.

The Principles of God is Supreme and the Only Good. Nonetheless, Everything has not been revealed, there is More to Come but Come What May, The Axiom of God Stands till Eternity because God is Supreme.

No comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeyinwa: The Bastard Hybrid Child Of My Late Brother / A Prayer for Ifyalways And Outstrip and others as well. / can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.