Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Short Cut To Achieving Your Goals And Dreams In Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Short Cut To Achieving Your Goals And Dreams In Life. (682 Views)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Short Cut To Reach God. / Is There A Short Cut To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Cut To Achieving Your Goals And Dreams In Life. by chima2011: 2:10am On Jun 21, 2011

How to Make Your Grip Firmer And To Help You Climb The Ladder of Sucess Faster.

If you decided to read this message because you think am going to give out some wonderful tips on how to avoid the ever rough and rugged road to success in life, thinks again. However, the aim of this message is to help you smoothen the road that leads to success. It's not intended to make the ladder of success shorter and help you climb with your both hands in your pocket; rather, it's intended to show you how to make your grip firmer and to help you climb faster.

Now we all have grandiose goals and targets in life. Especially when we are young, we always aim for very high stations in life and are for the most part generally optimistic about life, but as we grow older and society fixes responsibilities on us, thus limiting our beliefs about the goals, targets and dreams we once had, we ultimately lose focus and just accept our fate. But the question is, why does it happen that way? Why do we fail to reach the heights we once set for ourselves? It has been said that life is a just employer – it pays whatever wages we ask of it, but why, we must be willing to pay the price. Why do we naturally become accustomed to the little that life offers even when we could have gotten more if we only asked? The reason is simple. The reason is that as young people, majority of men and women set goals and targets without a concrete plan and an organized effort towards transforming it into its physical equivalence. I mean a rock-solid plan backed with unshakeable faith that does not recognize the possibility of such thing as failure or accept any outcome less than the original target. While this is true for the majority of people, some do have plans but without a desire passionate enough to transform their plans into physical reality as such their plans end up seeming so grand that it paralyses their faith.

Your Plan Should Depend on YOU And Not People, Circumstances or Events.

For example, if you have a target of becoming a professor and your plan is: attend university and get a first degree, then move on to get masters for 2 years and then Ph.D. for so, so and so years. Then write papers for international journals and do lots of research and so on and so forth, bla bla bla. Believe  me, if your plans for success looks something as vague as this, you may never become a professor or your chances will be dependent totally on luck. This is mainly because, this plan or any such plan resembling it is dependent on the outside(people, circumstances, events), and not on the inside i.e. YOU. All forms of success, be it happiness, health or wealth all comes from the inside as such your plans should be fashioned to be dependent on the inside factors which you can control and not out side circumstances which you have absolutely no control  over.

At this point, it is pertinent to show you in 3 simple steps on how to develop a plan for great success in life which will be dependent entirely on factors which you personally have immediate control over. If you adopt and apply this simple procedure, achieving your goals and targets in life will be easy and almost stress free as this procedure does not require you to become something different in your life or to undergo any fundamental change in your personality. But it does not mean that it comes without a price. There is no such thing as free lunch. Not even in Freetown.

Step One:
First have a map of where you are going to.

This entails you getting clear as regards what it is that you really want in life. “What do I really want?” This is a question you must ask yourself at all times and take solace in the fact that he who asks questions cannot avoid the answers. Whatever it is must be something that you totally believe in. A goal that you can committ your whole life willingly to achieving. Let your goal or target not be like the usual answer kids give to the question “what would you like to be when you grow up”. Let your answer be a goal you believe in so much that you can stake your entire existence on a single turn of the wheel.
Now realise that if you have this all sorted out, you already possess a map that leads to the land of success you so dearly desire. It all depends on you.

Step Two:
Create the Fuel That Will Keep You Going When The Going Gets Tough.

Create a long term plan and ingrain into your subconscious by meditating on it day and night until it becomes an all consuming obsession. This burning desire is the fuel that will keep you moving during the tough times when they present themselves. Just remember that on your way up at one point or the other, you will be faced with situations that will almost take the life out of you. Situations that will make you question if you are actually on the right part. When this time comes your desire and faith in the unseen will come to your aid. They will pull you through. This is the point that most people quit. It is at these defining moments that most people give up – when success is nigh. Don't forget, the slope is usually stippest at the point closest to the peak of the mountain.

Achieving this second step entirely still depends on you.

Step Three:
Great Success Comes From Accumulation of Tiny Successes Over Time.

This is the most important factor and it is entirely dependent on your commitment to doing it. In fact, it can be described as the very vehicle which will drive you to your ultimate destination in life. It is the easy short cut I told you that will make you climb the ladder of success faster and make your grip firmer. This singular step will make the road that leads to success smoother and more easily navigable. But there is a problem with this step. The problem is that It is simple! In fact its simplicity is the major reason why some folks who succeed in the initial two steps still don't attain success. Why? Because they think it simply won't work.

Now to state the sum and substance of this simple step in the simplest way possible:

“MAKE CREATING A DAILY TODO LIST A HABIT!!!”

The import of this statement lies not in the Todo list itself – everybody does it. The fundamental here is that your todo list should contain at least 50% of normal daily activities that are aimed  entirely at achieving the long term goal you set for yourself in step one. You can use the remaining 50% to do as you wish. Don't forget I said at least 50% - you can add more than that if you wish. Mine is way more than 50% because my life and the things I find fun are all aimed towards achieving my ultimate desire in life. Take for example this article you are reading. As I'm writing it, I'm deriving genuine joy from it because I believe I'm impacting someone's life positively. And trust me, I write so many of them in a day. In fact I writte for other people for free so as to spread the message as far an wide as possible. Before I digress, let's continue. For example, if you intend to become a professor in a certain field of your choosing, your daily to do list must as a matter of necessity, contain reading for a particular number of hours and discovering something new daily. And this should become your way of life and not just what you have to do out of personal coersion. Or if you want to become a superstart musician, your daily to-do list must contain at least 50% music related activities. It could be as simple as rhyming, learning a new track lyrics or just going to a nearby music studio to go and see what they are doing for the day, or anything no matter how trivial.
The import of this is for you to saturate your mind with activities that are related to your life's ultimate goal. Remember what you repeatedly do, you become. And like they say, show me your friend and I will tell you who you are. But I will tell you, show me what you repeatedly see and hear and I can foretell your future!
All this depend entirely on YOU and YOU ALONE! Think about it for a moment.

SOURCE: http://stories.com.ng/2011/06/short-cut-to-achieving-your-goals-and-dreams-in-life/

(1) (Reply)

Tafsir (points To Ponder) By Nouman Ali Khan / More On The Crucial Choice: Flesh Or Spirit / Holy Spirit Instructs Woman To Kill 5 Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.