Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah (8453 Views)

How To Identify A Fraudulent Set-up In Property acquisition In Nigeria / How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition / Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by lawyer(m): 4:15am On Jun 21, 2011
Just heard from a very very reliable source in the Surveyor General's Office that Governor Fashola is setting up a committee to look into this issue of Lands that  that are under Government acquisition in Lekki/Ajah should be released to the buyers and given the opportunity to regularize their documents.

The plan is that only lands in lekki that do not fall under proposed schemes or for pet projects such as bridges, airports, pipelines, easements etc that one way or the other is a must that the government must use the land should be released to people so that they can regularize their papers. Alot of buyers in the lekki/Ajah environs have suffered immensely in the hands of Omonile and some dodgy Agents or surveyors selling them lands that are not free from government acquisition and the buyers are stuck in that they cannot process either their C/O or Governor's consent after they discover that they have bought wrong properties but with this new committee being set up to look into this issue, it will go a long way to assist the thousands of people that are already victims of this issue.

I learnt the procedure will come in this mode: Once the coordinates of the site has been taken by a surveyor and it has been found to be under Lagos state government acquisition, the survey plan will have stamped on it ( LAND UNDER ACQUISITION BUT FIT FOR REGULARIZATION). It will replace the frightening stamp ( LAND NOT FREE FROM GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION).  cry Regularization means perfecting your documents as if your perfecting your governor's consent.

But once again remember its still in the setting up committee stage and we pray they act on it fast to give succour to alot of people that are desirous of perfecting their documents who have been victims of this  LAND NOT FREE FROM GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION palavar and we also hope the government continues to grant more gazettes to more communities in Eti-Osa and Ibeju Lekki.

WARNING: Once again this only applies to lands that are under Lekki Acquisition and not lands that have been acquired by the government for specific purposes such as SCHEMES OR PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURES. If your own falls under these ones, am sorry your on your own and the consccession will not be granted to you.

Also this is not a license for those who haven't bought lands that intend to do so tomorrow to start buying ( LANDS NOT FREE FROM GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION) Just because Lawyer said so. Its just a useful information i heard that i have decided to share with you guys and probably give hope to those affected to keep their fingers crossed that there is light at the end of the tunnel. If your buying afresh please do your due diligence and search properly o! Government can rescind policies as fast as they hurry to implement them.

So Good luck and lets continue to pray the committee delivers!

Cheers wink
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by caseymoney(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
Any news for Ikorodu and environs? I know many lands in Ikorodu is also under government acquisition. Some acquisition are not of Lagos state but of the then Western Region government. There's a land my brother in-law bought around Igbe in Igbogbo area, many people are buidling without approval and c/o. The omo onile and surveyors stamped the survey plan as free of any government acquisition. Lawyer, can you throw more light regarding government acquired land in Ikorodu and it environ.
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by lawyer(m): 12:25am On Jun 22, 2011
An Update to the above topic: This rule applies for the whole of Lagos not only Lekki/Ajah. The only disadvantage so far from what i can gather is that it might cost more to regularize a land that is under Government Acquisition compared to getting a C/O or Governor's Consent. In order words its just as if your buying the land all over again but this time from the Government. So its still advisable to still search for lands that a not Government Acquisition because the resultant penalty to regularize it might be too steep for you to bear.

@Casey

Ikorodu has a lot of places under government acquisition and thats where omonile has operated successfully for years hoodwinking people to buy lands that are not free from Government acquisition, so this is probably cheering news for a lot of people that have been victims of these omoniles. Also i want to correct one misconception
The omo onile and surveyors stamped the survey plan as free of any government acquisition
. No omonile has the right to prepare any survey plan what so ever and stamp anything on it because they are not registered surveyors, secondly a surveyor that stamps a property that is free from acquisition and in fact its not should be reported and arrested for misrepresentation. That assurance can make you lose millions of Naira to these omoniles and you should be very careful with the surveyors you bring because there are many greedy quacks out there. I myself have been a vicitim of dodgy surveyors so i should know.

Cheers
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by Empiror: 6:16am On Jun 22, 2011
Halleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by Logba: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
@lawyer,

You are the man of the moment. Good information
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by atasteve: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Thanks for the info.
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by sabawex(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
[b][color=#006600]congratulations! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy good new to all our esteem customers_ builders, civil engineers contractors etc
never fail to call us for supply of any of the following:
1. sharp sand
2. soft sand3
3. laterite
4. block stone
5. stone dust
6. granite
7. gravel
8. hard core etc
9 black soil for horticultural (flower) works

attractive price,honesty, reliability, and integrity is our watch word

call Tunde of sabawex global  venture on 07089843300,08037722526

Ogun state address:5,Quarry Road Shaje Abeokuta,

Lagos Address: 72 adeyinka street ijasetedo surulere Lagos,

Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by Busols757: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
great! Fasola sud nt let hys personality be push to mud cheesy
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by arcview: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
good one,atleast Mr Gov will make more money to the state,and the people will have a title for their properties,
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by turawafett(f): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
The information was published last year in the dailies by the state government, and the company that was in charge of Eti-Osa LGA make copies and send their staff out to distribute the papers to those affected. Those allowed to regularise their papers are land that do not fall under government committed lands, government committed land are lands that have been reserved for a particular purpose e.g schools, hospital, cemetery, estate etc. The informations applies to the whole state. What this means is that you have to buy the land from two parties the original owner and the state government.
I will try and see if I can get a copy of the paper.
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by jydebiz: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
Dear Lawyer, please like how much do you think obtaining government ratifications or C of O for a property on a plot of land on Badore road, Ajah clould cost and other documentation that may be necessarily required?

Please advice. Thanks

OLAOLUWA: theoestatesmgt@gmail.com
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by AmeLonRo(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
Cheering news for all. You can however buy a 4 bed room property in a university town outside Lagos State for 1.5m.
Call lets talk. Eko o ni baje and other places in Nigeria too!
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by fummylolah: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2011
@ Lawyer,
Its really relieving to hear dis,
But i still need to clarify this. My fiance bought a Plot of land at Aboru, Iyana-Ipaja Lagos State 2 years ago. It was said to be government acquisation but the agent that sold it to him gave him a court judgment and it state on it that the family has cleared the case in court with the government and can go ahead and sell the land has the court has ruled that the land is for d family.
He has erected a 3 bedroom bungalow on it and also done foundation for another building with the consent of the baale of the land who also said the land is now free from govt acquisation.
Sir, How can we still verify if this land is free from acquisation and if its eventually a govt acquisation land, do we fall under those the committee are deciding on,
Am really worried about this issue and await your prompt reply
Thank you Sir.
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by kehnie: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
I am planning of buying a land at Mowe this month from a company called Imperialtrust inv.Ltd at the rate of 660k,which will be paid install mentally at the rate of 30,000 per month for 22months,Please Ur advise is needed,is the company a reliable and genuine company?can I go ahead with the purchase?
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by lawyer(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
fummylolah:

@ Lawyer,
Its really relieving to hear dis,
But i still need to clarify this. My fiance bought a Plot of land at Aboru, Iyana-Ipaja Lagos State 2 years ago. It was said to be government acquisation but the agent that sold it to him gave him a court judgment and it state on it that the family has cleared the case in court with the government and can go ahead and sell the land has the court has ruled that the land is for d family.
He has erected a 3 bedroom bungalow on it and also done foundation for another building with the consent of the baale of the land who also said the land is now free from govt acquisation.
Sir, How can we still verify if this land is free from acquisation and if its eventually a govt acquisation land, do we fall under those the committee are deciding on,
Am really worried about this issue and await your prompt reply
Thank you Sir.

@fummylolah

These are the issues i have with your post:

1. An agent brings a court order that the family has been cleared. Which court order? Every court order of the high court almost in all case will be appealed on. Have you checked the court of appeal or seen the supreme court order of that matter?

2. Also when a gov loses a case, it either pays compensation to the family, publishes a white paper to the effect to give notice or issue a gazette to that community. Did you see one or have you heard of any of the above?

3. How can a baale claim to know a land is free from Government acquisition? Is he a registered surveyor? I myself can never tell you a land is free from government acquisition unless a registered surveyor attached with the surveyor general's office attests to it. A baale is a baale. His job is to rule his subjects in his community not become a surveyor or judge or commissioner of lands to start stating things he cannot back up.

What i can advise is for you to contact a surveyor to go to the site and pick the coordinates directly to take it to alausa to cross check and afterwards you will know whether it is free or not before we know whether it falls under the regularization lands.

Cheers

kehnie:

I am planning of buying a land at Mowe this month from a company called Imperialtrust inv.Ltd at the rate of 660k,which will be paid install mentally at the rate of 30,000 per month for 22months,Please your advise is needed,is the company a reliable and genuine company?can I go ahead with the purchase?

@kehnie

Am sorry i cannot advise you through the internet to buy or not to a buy from a company i havent come across before. There are thousands of real estate companies in lagos and with my little resources based on mobility i can only cover a little distance to know them all. So am sorry i cant say they are good or bad because i havent met them before.

Cheers
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by ehl: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2011
I feel there must be caution in this post, @ the moment there is NO committee on ground on land ratification on Lekki - Ajah axis. I confirmed from the surveyor general's office and the Permanent secretary's office. Buyers beware this might be another trick from fraudsters to encourage people to start buying lands under govt acquisition in this axis.
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by turawafett(f): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
http://www.lagoslands.net/preamble.htm

Always do your search before you buy any land, Lawyer has already said this in the property section to avoid being a victim of fraud.

Also the information applies to the whole of Lagos state not Ajah Axis alone. You can visit this site for more information or better still go to the ministry at Alausa Ikeja.

http://www.lagoslands.net/preamble.htm
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by tonyflez(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ehl, are you saying you know more than the nairaland moderator? or you have more solid information about land issues in lagos more than the lawyer, well i dont think so, read thru the lawyer post before adding one. xx
Re: New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah by manie(m): 11:38am On Jan 30, 2012
Charges for regularisation of land in lagos, was published in today's punch and guardian.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Painting A Mini Flat / Gypsum & Calcium Carbonate Powder Wanted / Buy Land At Casavilla Estate Magboro 10 Minutes Drive From Ojodu Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.