Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! (224 Views)

Help I’m Suffering From Trichotillomania / Ebola Spread: What Nigerians Should Do / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! by ChinweAmaka19(f): 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
On my way home from our office today, I saw 3 blind beggars led my a woman who should be in her 30's or 40's begging for money.

The last blind man placed his hands on the shoulder of the second blind man.

The second blind man did the same on the shoulder of the first blind woman and the first blind woman placed her hand on the shoulder of the lady leading them

Together, they crossed the busy street, singing and playing their music instruments to the fashion design shop whose owner didn't even look their way.

It reminded me of the poor blind beggar sitting by the road side with a note that says "please help me, I am blind" yet, no one paid attention to him

But when a lady replaced it with another note that said "It's a beautiful day but I can't see it" people started giving him money.

When I saw those beggars, I was wondering why this lady chose to lead the beggars DAILY instead of starting up something for herself

I thought "if she's leading this blind people while selling maybe cold satchet water, people will patronise her and will give them more than they asked for"

But, it's easier to give advice or say "why don't you do this instead" when you're not the one wearing the painful shoes.

(This is the origin of my previous post. I guess the lady hasn't thought of something like this)

This also reminds me of the comment made by one Nairaland user when I shared my Trichotillomania story there.

He was like " This is weird. Why don't you just stop pulling out your hair?"

Lol! He thinks it's something you decide to JUST start and JUST stop whenever you wish.

It's so easy to say "JUST" when you ain't the one wearing the painful shoes. Easier said than done

It's in the past now. I found a way to keep it under control and it works.

Anyways, I just want to officially let you know that I'll be posting more of Trich stories mixed with some business and lifestyle posts.

P.S: Send an email if you'd like to grab a copy of my true-life story "My Life as a Trichster" for just N2,999 now.

The world is better with you and I in it!

C.A

Re: What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! by meobizy(f): 7:03am On Jan 24, 2022
He was like " This is weird. Why don't you just stop pulling out your hair?"
Other examples;

1. Why don’t you just stop snoring? It’s easy.

2. Why don’t you stop having seizures? It’s easy.

3. It’s easy, read your books and you’ll understand the concept.

4. Eat beans, you’ll grow taller.

5. Why are you short when all your siblings are tall? Grow like them, na, it’s not hard.
Re: What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! by Pumpumking: 9:13am On Jan 24, 2022
meobizy:

Other examples;

5. Why are you short when all your siblings are tall? Grow like them, na, it’s not hard.

angry
Re: What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! by Pumpumking: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2022
meobizy:

Other examples;

.^^^^story
Do u relice u showin sign of wickedness for not helpin yor brother by given him some punnny & u goin to hell ?.....REPENT!!!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Non Stick Frying Pan Is Good For Health? / Is It Healthy To Eat Eggs Every Day / Uwell POPREEL N1 Review - New Pod System For Best Flavor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.