Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1211691 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by QuantAnalyst: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
Please o! Dependant visa application is asking for main applicant visa expiry date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Klem28(m): 12:05am On Aug 03, 2022
Many thanks for your prompt response
CowbellY:

Check NAiraland clearance page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 12:20am On Aug 03, 2022
QuantAnalyst:
Please o! Dependant visa application is asking for main applicant visa expiry date?
It's the end of main applicant program stipulated in the cas of the MA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 12:40am On Aug 03, 2022
thelonehermit:
Please is it possible to use Form A to pay for UK Uni tuition? if yes does anyone know the exchange rate?

Also if I pay full tuition for 1 year Msc, how much do I need to show for POF and what happens if God forbid I don't get the visa? the school will refund me abi? school in question is university of greenwich..

Also when showing POF for CAS do I need to explain large recent deposits? also for UK embassy is it 3 months statement of account or 1 month? I'm asking cos I will transfer a large deposit from my savings here to my Nigeria account which I plan to use for the visa application

Will really appreciate an answer

The answers to your questions and many more are in this thread if you read through from page one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davudu: 1:44am On Aug 03, 2022
Bournemouth here too. Waiting for POF maturity. I've asked for any group link here to no avail. You can drop your contact email let's connect.
meks007:
I got CAS from Bournemouth Uni. Few days ago. I have done medical too. Waiting for maturity date for POF. What’s next? Anybody going to Bournemouth Uni this sep.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davudu: 1:51am On Aug 03, 2022
Pls clarify, do I have to attach bank statements to the payslips even if they're from different employers spanning a decade (in addition to POF)?
mimilyrics:
Try to reach the companies for copies of your employment documents.
If it is absolutely impossible to do the above, Write a cover letter explaining your situation. Attach your payslips and bank statements showing your salary payments for that period. Note that accepting this will be at the discretion of the ECO.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Santa2: 3:04am On Aug 03, 2022
Any body coming to Leeds in need of a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment. One would be available pretty soon. Rent is £795.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nofij(m): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2022
mimilyrics:
Speak to the school. They are best positioned to advise you on this.

Thank you. I already sent a mail before asking here. Hoping for a favorable response soon.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nofij(m): 3:28am On Aug 03, 2022
offwego:
Kindly provide additional information. what course did you apply for? do you not have the standard English Language qualification in WAEC?

I applied for MSc Data Science and actually use NECO. While applying, I was asked to choose the pre-sessional English test if I didn’t have IELTS.

Little did I know that the pre-sessional English test will cost over £2k cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kaffy4tope(m): 4:37am On Aug 03, 2022
Good morning comrades?

Please oo is it possible to walk in to UK application center at VI or Ikeja for visa application?

My sis is applying for study visa and school resumes Sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 6:22am On Aug 03, 2022
Obalola147:
how many days did the process take after biometrics please?

15 days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by kino47: 6:23am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello house
Please on the MA Page of the visa form it’s asking do you have dependants that depends on you financially, do they mean same people traveling with me that have made provision for on the POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bwaal(m): 6:24am On Aug 03, 2022
kaffy4tope:
Good morning comrades?

Please oo is it possible to walk in to UK application center at VI or Ikeja for visa application?

They stopped I think sometimes early last month there was a serious fight on it at gate people were causing fuss over it …. So they stopped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bwaal(m): 6:25am On Aug 03, 2022
Obalola147:
how many days did the process take after biometrics please?
15 working days or 21days (if you count weekends)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Advision: 6:39am On Aug 03, 2022
enyinnia2000:
Hello people,

Please don’t know if this is the right trend to ask my question but can anyone answer if the answer is know.

I have a friend who was expelled from the university in the UK because of continuous plagiarism. She secured a job and is currently awaiting her Tier 2 visa before the expulsion though. My question is if anyone know if the expulsion will affect switching from tier 4 to tier 2 visa na

I think if/when the uni notifies homeoffice, she gets a curtailment letter giving her probably a month to leave the country. If she hasnt gotten the letter or email yet, then I think she is fine. Hopefully her tier2 is out before the notice gets sent.

Also there is this link for checking brp validity online, she can keep checking to know if she has had her visa curtailed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Advision: 6:45am On Aug 03, 2022
Promoter2:

Yep yep. I doubt the employers will proceed with employment arrangements if they find out about the expulsion. Too bad.

The tier2 is likely in the health/care space. Those ones dey find people seriously, they may not mind particularly if she was able to open up to them about why she wants to stop schooling and rather work. If its criminal convinction or something that would appear on her dbs record, that is where they will likely have an issue.

Their concer would likely be if she hides the info from them and they find out from a third party. It could undermine their trust in the person's character and make the wonder what else the person could be hiding

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Laski00: 7:06am On Aug 03, 2022
Walk-in is strictly for family at the Ikeja center. Send me a mail

kaffy4tope:
Good morning comrades?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2022
I think it won't. My friend has not yet gotten his original certificate till date but he went to the UK last year. But I don't know if it has changed o
micol10:
Good evening. Please I don't have my Bsc certificate ready because of the strike but my transcript and statement of result are ready and it's already approved by the school. I hope this won't be a problem for visa?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2022
No time is early. As for me, I hate deadlines. Do it now.
Jona48:
Gurus in the house, I greet una, a question for the road;
I deferred my admission to January(from September) due to delay in fees payment from CBN but I was later debited today.
1: My school (University of Bradford) requires POF and TB before issuing CAS, is it too early to start the processing since I will be moving in January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2022
CowbellY:

next week Monday, please. I've been seeing how worked up you are. Please, I hope you can find some rest and care. UKVI would decide soon for you and positively, I hope
How do you do paid mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 7:29am On Aug 03, 2022
1. Form A is used to pay for Tuition but starting on time is an additional benefit
2. POF depends on the outstanding amount of tuition fee plus the living expenses. Please make sure you don't have exact amount, it's better to have surplus.

3. For lump sum, I have seen advices from advanced persons here stating " print from a day after the lump sum. (ie if you deposited the huge amount on 16th August, then print from 17th August).
Your POF should be 28 to 30 days old on the day of you VISA applications.

I stand to be corrected. I am just a student here
thelonehermit:
Please is it possible to use Form A to pay for UK Uni tuition? if yes does anyone know the exchange rate?

Also if I pay full tuition for 1 year Msc, how much do I need to show for POF and what happens if God forbid I don't get the visa? the school will refund me abi? school in question is university of greenwich..

Also when showing POF for CAS do I need to explain large recent deposits? also for UK embassy is it 3 months statement of account or 1 month? I'm asking cos I will transfer a large deposit from my savings here to my Nigeria account which I plan to use for the visa application

Will really appreciate an answer

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2022
Actually, I don't think you have a problem. Date will be on stamp and Statement can be used yet.
I stand to be corrected
Ozededes:
Good evening fam

Please I just hit a bump on my CAS processing

I am currently processing for university of Chester

And they said that my Statement of account must have the date it was printed on it, I went to bank (Zenith) today and they told me its not possible best they can do for me is to stamp, sign and write todays date side of their signature. I am worried about this one this

And the second recommendation is to provide academic certificate, I only have transcript and statement of result, this ASUU and Nasu thing is something else, I am currently mailing them about the situation of the strike I am worried asf

I don't know if anybody that currently have CAS from university of Chester had any issue like this or it's just the case worker
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sheggy13(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2022
nofij:
Good evening all.

I received a conditional offer from the University of Gloucestershire. As part of my condition, I was asked to take a pre-sessional English course.

Can I still bypass this by taking IELTS instead?
I think taking IELTS is cheaper than that pre-sessional English course. Another approach is you get a letter of English Proficiency from the Registrar of the University you had your first degree and upload in place of English test. I know someone who did this and cost him just 2k, and it was accepted by Gloucestershire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eniola1010(m): 7:41am On Aug 03, 2022
Elektra008:

Where did you do biometrics pls?

Vi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jamesobedbaisel: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello. I did my biometrics on 13 of July. I made a paid mail 3 day ago and I was told yesterday a decision has already been made. I want to ask if I can go ahead and touch my money?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by offwego: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Jona48:
Gurus in the house, I greet una, a question for the road;

Send a follow up email to Bradford to confirm receipt of the tuition fees sent and highlight that it should be applied towards the January start. Please go ahead and schedule your TB test as you actually need to select a date based on availability of dates and start getting your POF in place.

I deferred my admission to January(from September) due to delay in fees payment from CBN but I was later debited today.
1: My school (University of Bradford) requires POF and TB before issuing CAS, is it too early to start the processing since I will be moving in January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello

Touch the money for what?

Paying for accommodation or for other purposes for your studies please keep evidence

Anything else OYO is your case

POE is real, visa is one thing , settling in is another

The funds is for your studies

Cheers
jamesobedbaisel:
Hello. I did my biometrics on 13 of July. I made a paid mail 3 day ago and I was told yesterday a decision has already been made. I want to ask if I can go ahead and touch my money?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eniola1010(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2022
jamesobedbaisel:

You are lucky o. You did your bio on 13th of july and a decision has been made. I did mine 7th of july decision has not been made
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello

Even with health care sponsorship

The Onus is on UKVI to grant or reject the switch and they will look at the conditions of the previous visa

Expulsion is not so good, seems the person didn't even want to study with plagiarism to this point.

I won't be surprised if the application is rejected hopefully not

Cheers

Advision:

The tier2 is likely in the health/care space. Those ones dey find people seriously, they may not mind particularly if she was able to open up to them about why she wants to stop schooling and rather work. If its criminal convinction or something that would appear on her dbs record, that is where they will likely have an issue.

Their concer would likely be if she hides the info from them and they find out from a third party. It could undermine their trust in the person's character and make the wonder what else the person could be hiding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 7:52am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello

No It means people that depend on you financially not about POF

Cheers
kino47:
Hello house
Please on the MA Page of the visa form it’s asking do you have dependants that depends on you financially, do they mean same people traveling with me that have made provision for on the POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 8:16am On Aug 03, 2022
no, it wont
Greathand01:
Good afternoon o..I picked a date already and I want to check for nearer dates.. hope my already picked date will not disappear if I picked yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.