Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,868 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:41 PM

Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' (487 Views)

Biden Caught Calling Fox Reporter 'a Stupid Son Of A Bitch', Later Apologizes / Biden Calls For LGBTQ Protections In Day 1 Executive Order / Biden Calls Josephine, A Nigerian Girl & Her Father Who Contributed To Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28am On Jan 25, 2022
'It's not personal, pal': Fox News's Peter Doocy says Biden called him to 'clear the air' after getting caught on hot mic calling the reporter a 'stupid son of a b***h' for asking a question about inflation
• Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy asked if Biden considered inflation a 'political liability'
• Biden met with his competition council at the White House
• Biden first briefly answered a question about sending troops to Ukraine
• Then Doocy asked an on-topic question
• Biden responded by calling him a 'son of a b**ch' into a microphone
• It all comes as Biden is contending with the Ukraine crisis
• White House is seeking demonstrate concern for pocketbook issues like inflation – the topic that drew a curse in his response
By GEOFF EARLE, DEPUTY U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 22:56, 24 January 2022 | UPDATED: 03:04, 25 January 2022

President Joe Biden has called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy to 'clear the air' after he was heard calling the journalist a 'stupid son of a b**ch' on a hot mic following an event at the White House on Monday.

The president made the comment at the tail end of an event meant to publicize his efforts to address supply-chain issues and tackle inflation.

When he finished his prepared remarks, several reporters yelled out questions to the president – who was seated across the long East Room of the White House.

He was caught calling Doocy a 'stupid son of a b**ch' on a hot mic after he asked a question about inflation Monday.

President Joe Biden called Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy a 'son of a b**ch' after he asked if inflation was a political liability during the upcoming mid-term elections

On Monday night, Doocy appeared on Sean Hannity's program to explain that he had since heard directly from the president who had called his cellphone to 'clear the air'

On Monday night, Doocy appeared on Sean Hannity's program to explain that he had since heard directly from the president who had called his cellphone.

Doocy said that initially, he did not hear the president's insult.

'My reaction was delayed because as you can see the Biden staff were ushering us out. They were telling us thank you, time to go. It wasn't until we went to the basement and then outside and then back to the press room that somebody said "Hey, did you hear with the president said about you?"

I said no, "What did he say?",

"He called you a stupid sob."

And I said "I did not hear that", and I opened up my phone and... he did!' Doocy explained.

The 34-year-old White House Correspondent then told how the president reached out to him around one hour later.

'After years of clips of the president and I kind of mixing it up on the campaign trail and during the transition here at The White House, within about an hour of that exchange, he called my cell phone and he just said "It is nothing personal, pal."

'And we went back and forth and we were talking about moving forward and I made sure to tell him that I'm always going to try to ask something different than what everybody else is asking.

'And he said, "You've got to."

'And that is the quote from the president, so I will keep doing it.

Biden spoke briefly about his call with European leaders about the Ukraine crisis when asked for an update by CNN's Kaitlan Collins – but first scolded the press.

'The only reason I don't like doing this is you never report on why I've called the meeting. This is really important. I had a very, very, very good meeting. Total unanimity with all the European leaders. We'll talk about it later,' Biden responded.

Then Doocy, who was being ushered out, asked: 'Do you think inflation is a political liability [ahead of the] midterms?'

The official White House transcript of the event included Biden's hot-mic insult to Doocy

Biden was then caught on a hot mic muttering: 'That's a great asset. More inflation. What a stupid son of a b**ch.'

The comment distracted from the event Biden hoped to feature, having gathered the Treasury Secretary, Attorney General Merrick Garland, and other top administration officials.

The broadside came days after Biden mocked another Fox news reporter, Jacqui Heinrich, 'Why are you waiting on [Russian President Vladimir] Putin to make the first move, sir?'

'What a stupid question' Biden responded.

'You're going to be known as the stupid SOB guy,' Fox host Jesse Waters told Doocy as hosts on Fox News 'The Five' laughed about the episode after Doocy rushed on-air to provide a play-by-play.

'So I shouted… 'Okay, what about inflation? Do you think inflation is a political liability in the midterms?' Doocy explained during his appearance. 'I couldn't even hear him because people were shouting at us to get out. But somebody came up to me in the briefing room a few minutes later and said, 'Did you hear what the president said?' And I said, 'No, what?' They said, 'He called you stupid SOB.' And I said, Did he say 'SOB' and the person said, 'No.'

'So Doocy, I think the president's right, you are a stupid SOB,' Watters quipped.

'Yeah, nobody has fact-checked him yet and said it's not true,' Doocy replied.

Making the episode all the more unusual was Biden's own habit of regularly calling on Doocy at the event of events, including at his marathon press conference last week.

For The Rest Of The Story
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by blackaxe78: 4:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Biden was not far from the truth in actual real sense.

Doocey has always been a douchebag

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by Jessi04: 4:45am On Jan 25, 2022
Sheer power
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by Maxymilliano(m): 5:30am On Jan 25, 2022
Well the truth hurts and Biden always said he would tell you the truth. cool

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10am On Jan 25, 2022
Up, UP and Away
Michael Ramirez January 14, 2022

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2022
A.F Branco Cartoon – Venezuela Here We Come
A.F. BRANCO on August 12, 2021 at 7:00 am

Biden Inflation

Biden’s infrastructure bill and economic policies are bringing down the value of the dollar (inflation). Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
Managed Decline
Gary Varvel January 24, 2022

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12am On Jan 27, 2022
Old Man Biden Get Off My Lawn

YOU SUMBITCH!

Joe Biden once again revealed his character—or lack thereof—when he insulted a member of the White House press corps. He called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” simply because Joe was asked a question about inflation.

Biden later told Doocy that it was “nothing personal, pal” but it further revealed the mean-spirited side of Old Joe. Even staunch Democrats such as Jake Tapper were alarmed by Joe’s unwarranted truculence, but Joe has often insulted the press by turning his back on them or refusing to answer anything but the softest of softball questions.. Read More

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by gambojimeta: 3:10am On Jan 27, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Old Man Biden Get Off My Lawn

YOU SUMBITCH!

Joe Biden once again revealed his character—or lack thereof—when he insulted a member of the White House press corps. He called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” simply because Joe was asked a question about inflation.

Biden later told Doocy that it was “nothing personal, pal” but it further revealed the mean-spirited side of Old Joe. Even staunch Democrats such as Jake Tapper were alarmed by Joe’s unwarranted truculence, but Joe has often insulted the press by turning his back on them or refusing to answer anything but the softest of softball questions.. Read More

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46am On Jan 28, 2022
Restoring Civility
Gary Varvel January 27, 2022

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by gambojimeta: 3:12am On Jan 28, 2022
Lesco brandos grin

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26am On Jan 28, 2022
Biden Hypocritical Left

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41am On Jan 28, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Going Down
A.F. BRANCO on January 21, 2022 at 7:00 am

While Biden sinks in the polls he’s oblivious as to the reason thinking the GOP is out of touch. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by gambojimeta: 3:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Abut time cheesy

Da MAGA ah afraids grin

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10am On Jan 28, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – That Sinking Feeling
A.F. BRANCO on December 17, 2021 at 7:00 am

Biden threatens the GOP facing the 2022 election while he and the Democrats are sinking fast in the polls. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by gambojimeta: 5:57am On Jan 28, 2022
grin

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Joe Crow Law
A.F. BRANCO on January 28, 2022 at 7:00 am

Biden Black Women Only Justice

Jim Crow is back only in reverse under Biden in regard to his picking only a Black Woman for SCOTUS Justice. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.
Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by feedthenation(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Joe Crow Law
A.F. BRANCO on January 28, 2022 at 7:00 am

Biden Black Women Only Justice

Jim Crow is back only in reverse under Biden in regard to his picking only a Black Woman for SCOTUS Justice. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.

---Ronald Reagan October 15, 1980---

Re: Joe Biden Calls Fox News Correspondent 'A Stupid Son Of A B**ch' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Ready, Aim, Blame
A.F. BRANCO on September 3, 2021 at 7:00 am

Biden Blames Trump

Biden takes no responsibility for his disaster in Afghanistan, he just wants to blame Trump. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2021.

(1) (Reply)

UK Condemns Russian's Launch Of Ballistic Missiles On Ukraine. (pics) / UKRAINE: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Thanked Elon Musk / Dollars Is Dying, There Is No Question About it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.