Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,717 members, 7,837,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (929377 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 12:19am On Jun 07, 2022
@aamey15

Thank you for the shout-out; that's kind of you. It was a pleasure working with you. Congrats once again!
All the best.

aamey15:
Its PPR GUYS,

I am so so excited, and I would like to share my testimony. Started this process January this year and I have to say God has been good. I learnt a lot from this platform, spent sleepless nights literally just reading and reading--- oh I read a lot, at some point I got obsessed and was scared but i knew i had to research. Then I summoned the courage and started compiling my documents. It took my almost 3 months to get all documents together and I applied April 9th.
I have to give a special shoutout and THANKYOU to the one and only @technix who reviewed my SOP( because I had drafted it before making contact with him) , but guess what guys he did more than that, he went above and beyond to advise and guide me on the process. I would send him messages at odd hours stating my concerns but he would calm me down and reassure me that it would be alright. I have to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being a great support throughout this process, you are truly God sent. If anyone needs help with this our Canada Parole please guys trust me he is your guy. He is over capable and I am grateful our paths crossed.
Applied – April 9th
Upfront medical was done – April 19th
Medicals was updated – May 18th ( I had to raise webform after I didn’t get a response from them)
PPR- June 3rd

Documents submitted-
Letter Of Acceptance
Certificate Of Acceptance
Application For Study Permit
Letter Of Introduction From Employer
Promotion Letter
Official Letter From School
Official Letter For Work Permit
Undergraduate Degree Certificate
Postgraduate Degree Certificate
Postgraduate Award Certificate
Updated Resume
NYSC Certificate
International Passport Data Page
Proof of Funds
Full Tuition Deposit Receipt
GTB My Bank Statement (6 Months)
GTB My Bank Statement for business (6 Months)
Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds Account Statement
Stanbic IBTC RSA – Reference Letter
Affidavit Of Gift Deed From Spouse( To address the lump sum)
Data Page Of Gift Deed Donor
Certificate Of Registration For Business Name
Marriage Certificate
Newspaper Publication Of Change Of Name After Marriage
Affidavit Of Change Of Name After Marriage
Birth Certificate Of Myself
Birth Certificate Of Children And Spouse
Copy Of Family Picture
Additional Documents
Letter Of Appointment
Employment ID Card
Employment Letter
Employment Letter Of Spouse
Spouse Employment ID card
Police Character Certificate
Picture Of Business Location
Scanned Visa Pages

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 12:29am On Jun 07, 2022
oloyede1:
Hi everyone,

I got two Post Graduate Certificate admissions.

1st is Global Business Management @ Georgian college - Toronto campus costs $18,894.78 annually.

2nd is Strategic Global Business Management @ Conestoga - Kitchener (Downtown) Campus costs $Cad 18,608.20 annually.

Both are two years.

Which of these do you advise me to go for?

Please, advise.

Hello,

In what's retrospect are you seeking advice?

1). If as regards tuition, the are almost just the same. Same course duration. Qualify for same duration of PGWP.

2). As regards location, both are in same province even though Georgian is in the heart of the province. So I can't say as regards to cost of living.

3). If as regards to school, Conestoga is well known with better review (though I didn't personally verify this)

4). If as regards to syllables and course content, you're to do that and know which one suits and benefits your choices. You chose that course for a reason, so look into the course content and know which that aligns with your choice.
5). If as regards to visa success rate, due to many apply to Conestoga than Georgian, it may look like Conestoga has higher success rate. But note that it all depends on how you equip your application. Cos as many have received Visa with Conestoga, many have also received rejections. So package your application well and leave the rest to God's grace and favour.

That's my little intake

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oluwjuwonlo: 1:18am On Jun 07, 2022
Akexstinger:

Hi guys ! I was rejected by IRCC today and my school is Conestoga college with a whooping fee of 19k dollars for just one year program and I had to defer to September because of delay from IRCC which made me not to meet up with May 9 resumption.
Just this evening , on getting home from work, I received offer letter from Memorial University of Newfoundland for Masters in Occupational Safety and Health . I checked their minimum expense fee and the one year program tuition is just 10k Cad with C plan of paying 5k tuition fee for first semester and balance of 5k second semester. And no tuition deposit is required . I have accepted the offer . Resumption date is 6th of September and also Conestoga college is 6th of September too.
I checked Mpower and MUN is not eligible for Mpower loan.
Now I am confused. I don’t know what to do as I don’t have any source of fund anymore. Should withdraw from Conestoga college and ask for refund , so I can start with MUN. MUN is professional Master while Conestoga is postgraduate diploma and they are both in safety in line with my HND, and my work experience.
I need your advice

Please can i get your mail, i have some question i need to get from you. thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 2:18am On Jun 07, 2022
@Ketima has already answered you. But if you are looking for a relatively affordable school, send me a message.
oloyede1:
Hi everyone,

I got two Post Graduate Certificate admissions.

1st is Global Business Management @ Georgian college - Toronto campus costs $18,894.78 annually.

2nd is Strategic Global Business Management @ Conestoga - Kitchener (Downtown) Campus costs $Cad 18,608.20 annually.

Both are two years.

Which of these do you advise me to go for?

Please, advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lolobukkie(f): 3:04am On Jun 07, 2022
Please gurus in the house I need help on schools I can get a PG diploma in Quality control/ laboratory analysis ,or Paint and coatings tech
I will also prefer the school is eligible for Mpower financing
The colleges I saw are not on Mpower list
Can anyone help please
I have Msc since 2009 but I have be working as quality control officer/Development chemist with a paint company
Or anybody with a better advice please
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:04am On Jun 07, 2022
lolobukkie:
Please gurus in the house I need help on schools I can get a PG diploma in Quality control/ laboratory analysis ,or Paint and coatings tech
Can anyone help please
I have Msc since 2009 but I have be working as quality control officer/Development chemist with a paint company
Thank you

I think instead of opting for a PGD, you can go for masters because you already have an MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:06am On Jun 07, 2022
lolobukkie:
Can anyone help please
Thank you

Hi

Do your research on the PG. Cert programs below to know if they have course outlines/curriculum that is related to Quality control/ laboratory analysis or Paint and coatings technology and go for the one's that suites you

Chemical Laboratory Analysis
Lambton College, Ontario

Biomaterials and Chemical Laboratory Analysis– Applied Science
Lambton College, Ontario

Quality Assurance – Manufacturing And Management
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ONTARIO

Quality Assurance – Manufacturing And Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ONTARIO

Process Quality Engineering
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ONTARIO

Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs & Quality Operations
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ONTARIO

As regards schools that are eligible for MPOWER financing, i have no idea, others might be of help on that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:12am On Jun 07, 2022
Akexstinger:

Hi guys ! I was rejected by IRCC today and my school is Conestoga college with a whooping fee of 19k dollars for just one year program and I had to defer to September because of delay from IRCC which made me not to meet up with May 9 resumption.
Just this evening , on getting home from work, I received offer letter from Memorial University of Newfoundland for Masters in Occupational Safety and Health . I checked their minimum expense fee and the one year program tuition is just 10k Cad with C plan of paying 5k tuition fee for first semester and balance of 5k second semester. And no tuition deposit is required . I have accepted the offer . Resumption date is 6th of September and also Conestoga college is 6th of September too.
I checked Mpower and MUN is not eligible for Mpower loan.
Now I am confused. I don’t know what to do as I don’t have any source of fund anymore. Should withdraw from Conestoga college and ask for refund , so I can start with MUN. MUN is professional Master while Conestoga is postgraduate diploma and they are both in safety in line with my HND, and my work experience.
I need your advice

You may want to contact me by email or via my signature below as I have a possible solution for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emilo(m): 4:47am On Jun 07, 2022
Bobomaigida:
Congratulations to ALL PPR recipients.

Please I would like to appeal to successful applicants to add more details to their timelines especially on the amount of funds they presented for POF to guide others when they apply.

More than 80% of refusal reasons for applicants from Nigeria are related to POF, therefore stating the amounts will help others know what they should strive to have before submitting their application. I know applications aren't the same but knowing what has worked for others will help new applicants.

Good suggestion! Please let's comply. Also, has anyone been asked to present updated account statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akexstinger(m): 5:30am On Jun 07, 2022
oluwjuwonlo:

Please can i get your mail, i have some question i need to get from you. thank you.
Akexstinger@yahoo dot com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adesbaba: 6:06am On Jun 07, 2022
Hello guys,

Please if one gets Visa approved for say September intake but because of a sudden event that one never saw coming, couldn't resume that September,...Can one still defer to January and use that same visa given in Sept or one needs to reach out to IRCC

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2022
After ordering my notes and sending them a mail for the first time yesterday’ I was served a refusal letter this morning ‘ just woke up with my phone in my hand reading twitter trends when a message from Ircc popped up!!
It’s really painful .

purpose of visit and personal assets were the stated reasons but I own a business and applied for business management? and my business ‘ my dumping truck and even my personal car shd be an enough asset ?

well my school don’t defer applications ‘ what shd I do ? Wait or go again ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by codeworks(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2022
Pls I want do PG program on any computer science related course in Canada. Data analysts/science etc

I have 2.2 in computer sc

Pls can somone recommend good school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:40am On Jun 07, 2022
lolobukkie:
Can anyone help please
Thank you

If Mpower is the priority in your search, they are not many, so I'll advise you start from there. Write out the schools on Mpower list for Canada, and check one after the other (I think it's around 21 or so). They are all universities, just a single college in Ontario. You should be able to get 2 - 3 schools offering your desired program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2022
codeworks:
Pls I want do PG program on any computer science related course in Canada. Data analysts/science etc

I have 2.2 in computer sc

Pls can somone recommend good school

There are so many courses related to Computer Science, I will just share some of them.

PGC Big Data Solution Architecture.
Conestoga College
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/big-data-solution-architecture

PGC Embedded System Development.
Conestoga College
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/embedded-systems-development

PGC Game Development.
Fanshawe College
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/gdp1-game-development-advanced-programming/next

PGC Mobile Application Development.
Fanshawe College
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/map1-mobile-application-development/next

PGC Network Security and Architecture.
Fanshawe College
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/nsa1-network-and-security-architecture/next

PGC Software and Information Systems Testing
Fanshawe College
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/sst3-software-and-information-systems-testing-co-op/next

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:57am On Jun 07, 2022
Fabprincely:
After ordering my notes and sending them a mail for the first time yesterday’ I was served a refusal letter this morning ‘ just woke up with my phone in my hand reading twitter trends when a message from Ircc popped up!!
It’s really painful .

purpose of visit and personal assets were the stated reasons but I own a business and applied for business management? and my business ‘ my dumping truck and even my personal car shd be an enough asset ?

Sorry about your refusal... Gather your strength, don't give up and reapply... It's good you've ordered your GCSM note, wait for it to land first before you fire back.

In the meantime, you can provide details on your school and work/business experiences and also documents submitted and explain the financial part of your application for many with experience to give their suggestions. This will help you to know what documents you may likely prepare for re-application before your gcms note drop.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2022
Toceen2022:

Sorry about your refusal... Gather your strength, don't give up and reapply... It's good you've ordered your GCSM note, wait for it to land first before you fire back.

In the meantime, you can provide details on your school and work/business experiences and also documents submitted and explain the financial part of your application for many with experience to give their suggestions. This will help you to know what documents you may
likely prepare for re-application before your gcms note drop.

will it be realistic to wait for one month for Gcm notes considering that school resumes september and my school don’t defer applications?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2022
Fabprincely:
It’s really painful .

I am sorry to hear this. Shake it off and develop a new plan.

Sometimes, it is easy to address the issue of financial and personal assets with GCMS notes. Try to order for GCMS notes so you'll be able to have a bird-eye view of the reasons for the refusal. If you had provided more information about your financial plan and documents submitted, you might have had some peices of advise from gurus here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VIKKYIFE: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2022
Good day everyone. Please is there anyone here going to MUN by August?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2022
ShowYoung:

I am sorry to hear this. Shake it off and develop a new plan.

Sometimes, it is easy to address the issue of financial and personal assets with GCMS notes. Try to order for GCMS notes so you'll be able to have a bird-eye view of the reasons for the refusal. If you had provided more information about your financial plan and documents submitted, you might have had some peices of advise from gurus here.

I submitted my business documents ( truck haulages)
had a total of 14Million at submission which shd cover my one year program .
picture of my truck and purchase receipt of the truck valued at 16Million naira ‘ lump sum wasn’t addressed on my SOP but was addressed after I read about it here tru webforms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2022
technix:
I can't think of any other thing to do. It's fine, the authorization should be received via webform.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chocs(f): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2022
If you’re working for your university or college (on campus) or an institution affiliated to it, you won’t need a work permit if your study permit lets you work on/off campus (which is the study permit most people get) except stated otherwise on your study permit.

Cheers
olutoyiin:
Please house kindly help with this do I need to click I'll be needing work permit if I was granted teaching assistantship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chocs(f): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2022
Sorry to learn about your refusal. It’s usually best to wait for the Gcms so you can know the exact problem and tackle it in your next application.

Cheers
Fabprincely:
It’s really painful .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2022
Fabprincely:

I submitted my business documents ( truck haulages)
had a total of 14Million at submission which shd cover my one year program .
picture of my truck and purchase receipt of the truck valued at 16Million naira ‘ lump sum wasn’t addressed on my SOP but was addressed after I read about it here tru webforms

Please apply for GCMS notes to see what you did wrong so as to correct it. You will surely get the visa in your next application by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chocs(f): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2022
Only fill the ‘designated representative’s information’ section out if someone is requesting for it on your behalf.

Cheers
Fabprincely:

thanks for your response !! how about the “ designated representative’s information “ section ? Shd I fill or leave out ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 07, 2022
adesbaba:
Hello guys,

Please if one gets Visa approved for say September intake but because of a sudden event that one never saw coming, couldn't resume that September,...Can one still defer to January and use that same visa given in Sept or one needs to reach out to IRCC

Thanks
yes you can defer your admission and update ircc with the new admission letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FaithCanny: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2022
Please I earlier deferred in 2021 to 2022 and its only once my school allows, and ircc refused me earlier. And I am to resume this sept and I have ordered for mty gcms note june 1, 2022. Please should respond without the notes or still wait?
My school just sent deadline yesterday for me to send my study permit approval by Aug 25, 2022.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2022
Fabprincely:

will it be realistic to wait for one month for Gcm notes considering that school resumes september and my school don’t defer applications?
Actually, you'll be the one to decide.
If you give full details of your application and finances provided with it, and gurus here say few things about it, and you're okay or convinced that was the loophole in your application, you may decide to reapply, so far September is around the corner.

But first of all.
What course and level of program did you apply for?
What degree do you have before?
How many years of study gap?
How many years of work experience do you have?
How much was your tuition, and how many years program?
How much funds did you show, and what documents to support the source of funds?
These and many more questions should be answered first!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Femioye337(m): 8:34am On Jun 07, 2022
Good morning... Ircc just requested I send a new acceptance letter from my DLI.... now I’m confused, should I send the one I sent before which the resumption date is September or I should tell the school to send me a new one ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2022
Femioye337:
Good morning... Ircc just requested I send a new acceptance letter from my DLI.... now I’m confused, should I send the one I sent before which the resumption date is September or I should tell the school to send me a new one ??
If what you have has a resumption date for September, just go ahead and resend it asap... This is a strong positive sign.
Congratulations in advance... You go celebrate very very soon cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2022
Meeeee!!!

VIKKYIFE:
Good day everyone. Please is there anyone here going to MUN by August?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Femioye337:
You can send them the one you've initially sent only if there is nothing changing, you may want to confirm from the school whether or not there is nothing changing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.