Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,346 members, 7,839,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (930478 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
donbabe2000:
i have been working in the bank but i also do cateering job as side hussle

for sponsorship i am using my elder brother as a sponsor,he has his business registered and he is also Dangote cement distributor
i wan only denied once the two resons i gave was for the denial

I will recommend you go for a course related to the banking job since there is evidence of this employment.

Your elder brother sponsoring you is okay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ijliz: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good evening All.

Please I need advice from everyone in the house concerning this Canada Japa.

I recently got refused based on personal assets and financial status and also based on Home ties. While awaiting my GCMS notes, I’m trying to re-strategize on my reapplication.

My first application, I used a third party as a sponsor. He’s actually a distant cousin and we don’t bear same surnames. He sent 10m into my account and he had a closing bal of about 22m.

I didn’t pay fees , just stated that money for fees and living expenses was sent into my account by my sponsor. I also didn’t show relationship between us both as we don’t have pictures together or anything to prove our relationship. I submitted his CAC, business invoice, land documents etc. My Question now is

1. Can I apply as self sponsored this time around and maybe use my mum as a co-sponsor?

2. If I apply as self sponsored, I don’t even know how to explain the 10m since I stated in my first application that my cousin sent it to me.

3. My mum is a State Government teacher, and I feel her salary is quite low to support the funds in her account and she doesn’t own a business either. So recently I started paying money monthly into her account to show as salary inflow but I have only done it for two months and the statement of account I need to submit should be at least 4months but time isn’t on my side. My program start date is September and if I miss this September, it’s still September 2023�� .

4. Between Access Bank and Zenith Bank, which will be faster for Form A processing?

N.B I intend paying full tuition before reapplying this time around.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
I have been working in the bank,i do catering job too as side hussle and i travel to turkey to buy clothes and sell

mrprolifik:

What's the nature of the Job you have been doing since 2013?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ijliz:
Good evening All.

I recently got refused based on personal assets and financial status and also based on Home ties. While awaiting my GCMS notes, I’m trying to re-strategize on my reapplication.

My first application, I used a third party as a sponsor. He’s actually a distant cousin and we don’t bear same surnames. He sent 10m into my account and he had a closing bal of about 22m.

I didn’t pay fees , just stated that money for fees and living expenses was sent into my account by my sponsor. I also didn’t show relationship between us both as we don’t have pictures together or anything to prove our relationship. I submitted his CAC, business invoice, land documents etc. My Question now is

1. Can I apply as self sponsored this time around and maybe use my mum as a co-sponsor?

2. If I apply as self sponsored, I don’t even know how to explain the 10m since I stated in my first application that my cousin sent it to me.

3. My mum is a State Government teacher, and I feel her salary is quite low to support the funds in her account and she doesn’t own a business either. So recently I started paying money monthly into her account to show as salary inflow but I have only done it for two months and the statement of account I need to submit should be at least 4months but time isn’t on my side. My program start date is September and if I miss this September, it’s still September 2023�� .

4. Between Access Bank and Zenith Bank, which will be faster for Form A processing?

Wait for GCSM notes to arrive and see the VO's concerns.

1. You may apply as a self sponsored or stick to your former plan and find ways to prove your relationship with your distant cousin beyond reasonable doubts. If you go either way, there are ways to always prove beyond reasonable doubts.

2. If truly your sponsor is your cousin, irrespective of how distant he may be, you should be able to prove your relationship. Normally, everyone would reason and doubt that a distant cousin whom you couldn't even prove any relationship with is giving you #10million. It does not sound logical.

3. How does your mum come into this picture? You don't need to do all those things. If she owns the money to support, you should be fine and not worry yourself. The idea of paying some amount of money into her account monthly may promise to cunningly bring result but can always be faulted under simple scrutiny. I don't advise this.

4. Access Bank promises 30 days, but Jaiz, Globus, TAJ and Heritage are faster.

All the above are not to castigate you but meant to make you see how different people reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
dont bother paying from Access bank if its a college you are paying for and the minimum duration to process school fees in Access bank is 30days

Ijliz:
Good evening All.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello everyone,

Just received my unconditional admission letter after applying for study permit. Is it necessary to send it to IRCC or I don't send it? If I can send it to
IRCC, how do I go about it?

Need your response, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nelsonsmom: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
I did upfront medicals, my kids are 6 and 3, they don't need medicals since they are young.

Congratulations to u!
I applied for my family too, but only my wife got requested for medicals on 1st of June. My children are 5, 3,1 is that how it works or we should wait for others to be requested?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lolobukkie(f): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thanks lekibiboe

Lekiboboe:

Hi

Do your research on the PG. Cert programs below to know if they have course outlines/curriculum that is related to Quality control/ laboratory analysis or Paint and coatings technology and go for the one's that suites you

Chemical Laboratory Analysis
Lambton College, Ontario

Biomaterials and Chemical Laboratory Analysis– Applied Science
Lambton College, Ontario

Quality Assurance – Manufacturing And Management
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ONTARIO

Quality Assurance – Manufacturing And Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ONTARIO

Process Quality Engineering
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ONTARIO

Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs & Quality Operations
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ONTARIO

As regards schools that are eligible for MPOWER financing, i have no idea, others might be of help on that.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
Why not pay the tuition fee from your account. Then, since the money has been deposited, let your cousin do a gift deed regarding the funds sent to your account. Paying your tuition fee from this account will help convince them of the purpose of the transactions. Try to establish the relationship and why he is gifting you such an amount. Reasons could be the support he received from you or your parents years ago. This is where a strong SOP comes into play.

You stand a better chance with your mum as a sponsor if she has sufficient funds without questionable lump-sum deposits.
Ijliz:
Good evening All.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ontime22: 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
If you applied for visitor visa for your kids they will not need Medicals.

nelsonsmom:
I did upfront medicals, my kids are 6 and 3, they don't need medicals since they are young.

Congratulations to u!
I applied for my family too, but only my wife got requested for medicals on 1st of June. My children are 5, 3,1 is that how it works or we should wait for others to be requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good evening all, I applied in May and I did my upfront medicals on the 29th of April. My biometrics was passed the same day I captured but my medicals have not been passed. Should reupload my medical form via webform? undecided cry Worry wants to finish me here. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hubmon360(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hubmon360:
It's PPR fam

GC KEY
applied April 2
PPr June 7

would be back to tell my story. still in shock......

Long Post Alert!!!!!!
When Jesus says yes nobody can say no. Fam the Lord name be praised. I fasted and prayed 3 times a week and dedicated myself to the Lord completely during this time, my prayers also went with bible passages on Proverbs 21 vs 1 - The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes. I changed mine with the same context adding the immigration officers heart is in the hands of the Lord, and He would turn the officers heart in my favor. Also 2 Corinthians 1 vs 20 - For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. In my context God's promise for me is Yes and not no, so therefore no officer can delay my application. My journey actually started in 2016 December, but to cut the story short I was officially able to apply in May 23, 2021 but was denied in October 19, 2021, my second application was in December 2021 which was also denied March 14, 2022, My 3rd app was April 2 approved June 7th. I had to defer from September 2021 to September 2022 as my program only starts in Fall.

Timeline of all My application
Age 32 years
1st application
applied may 23, 2021
Did upfront 31, May
Upfront medical updated June 8
Eligibility started September 27
Delayed October 19, 2021
Reason - Personal asset and Financial status

2nd application
Applied December 20, 2021
Upfront Medical Updated February 15, 2022
Eligibility started March 1, 2022
Delayed March 14, 2022
Reason - Purpose of visit ...... I caused this reason because I applied with only 3 pages LoE and no Sop which got the visa officer confused and requested for better explanation of my reason to study

3rd application
Applied April 2, 2022
had to go for another medical on the 24th of May as My previous medical is supposed to have expired, even as my gcms notes states it would expire 8th of June.
Eligibility started June 6, 2022
PPR June 7, 2022

Documents submitted

All imm forms
International Passport - Change of name, declaration of age, newspaper printout

Letter of acceptance -
School LOA - Seneca College 1yr program
NYSC
Uni cert
Uni transcript
Waec
Wes

Proof Of Means Of Financial Support
LOA
Full Payment Receipt of first semester
My sponsor document
Sworn Affidavit of sponsorship
employment letter
Tax card
Company Id
Bank Statement
Landed property

My document
Letter of Introduction
Confirmation of employment
Offer Letter of employment
Company Id
Pay slips - 10 months
Bank statement - Dollar and Naira 10 months
Landed property

Digital Photo

Medical Form

Letter of Explanation
table of content
LOE (6 pages)
Sop (6 pages)
Police clearance certificate I did since last year may
Employment Addendum
Resume
Birth cert of my family
My sponsor professional certificate ( as my sponsor is my motivation for my course of study and we are both engineers)
Photos of myself on the field as linked to my course of study
Family pictures (Added ties back home)
Oanda print out.

Thanks to Ola123, Justmellow, Makano and other guru's on this great platform for your great information and also to all who have celebrated with me through your comments and likes. My God who has done it for me will do it for everyone still waiting for their ppr in Jesus name amen.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please who has a list of food items one can take to Canada ? Is indomie onion allowed? And if it is how can one package it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
Best256:
Hello everyone,

Just received my unconditional admission letter after applying for study permit. Is it necessary to send it to IRCC or I don't send it? If I can send it to
IRCC, how do I go about it?

Need your response, please.

Send the updated admission letter via email and webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VeeWest: 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2022
llionaire:
We're in the same shoes. I did upfront medicals Nov 2021, I got a medical request days ago.
An IOM support officer told me I can't do medicals if the existing one hasn't expired. The visa officer probably has their reasons for requesting a new one since my resumption is January 2023. It expires before resumption

To be on a safe side and avoid stories that touch cos of time and what not, I would advice you book another appointment and go for the medicals with the details IRCC generated for you. Same thing happened to me, I submitted in Feb, did upfront medical on the 26th of April. By 26th of May I got medical request. Without wasting time I booked a new medicals with the new details, now my medicals have been updated to pass. So avoid had I known, and go. Just my advise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2022
kiari:
Good evening all, I applied in May and I did my upfront medicals on the 29th of April. My biometrics was passed the same day I captured but my medicals have not been passed. Should reupload my medical form via webform? undecided cry Worry wants to finish me here. cry

Yes.. should have don that since last month.

Send via email and webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ijliz:
Good evening All.

1) Yes, you should

2)if the 10m is still with you and if you print out a 4months bank statement, will the 10m transaction you received appear? If no, you don't need to explain it, if yes.. you will have to explain it.

3) since you have 10m, you do not need to use your mum as a co-sponsor and also you do not need to be sending money to her..

4) other persons might have an answer for you. Really don't know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Does request for medical means approval of visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2022
Georgegreen86:
Does request for medical means approval of visa?

It means your PPR is 90% sure.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good day everyone , pls gurus in the house should provide me with answers. I applied for family visa my wife as the main applicant , me as accompanying and my three kids (1,3,5 years ) as dependents . We got a request for medicals on 1st June but only for my wife , is that how it should be or something is not right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qweency: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hi guys, please i need help before resuming my school search.

For someone that planned inviting her spouse and kids upon getting to Canada.

is it advisable for me to start looking for one year masters program or two years masters program considering the fact that getting an open work permit for spouse and VV for kids outside Canada at times takes 8 to 12months or even more before decision will be made.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
Georgegreen86:
Good day everyone , pls gurus in the house should provide me with answers. I applied for family visa my wife as the main applicant , me as accompanying and my three kids (1,3,5 years ) as dependents . We got a request for medicals on 1st June but only for my wife , is that how it should be or something is not right?

Good day..

No, you too were meant to receive a medical request. So, you will need to disturb IRCC for that or you book for your medicals and get it done instead of waiting. Otherwise, the family application will not be concluded upon

However, your wife being the primary applicant and receiving a medical request means your applications is at 90% likelihood of being approved.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
Qweency:

is it advisable for me to start looking for one year masters program or two years masters program considering the fact that getting an open work permit for spouse and VV for kids outside Canada at times takes 8 to 12months or even more before decision will be made.

Why move to Canada via study route while the kids follow with visiting visas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
Anon123:

Thanks but how I do send through Web form? Is there a link to it? If there is, pls tell me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Best256:

Thanks but how I do send through Web form? Is there a link to it? If there is, pls tell me.

Google Canadian webform..

You will see it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
Anon123:

Google Canadian webform..

You will see it

Ok, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
Anon123:

Pls I need the email address. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
Best256:

Pls I need the email address. Thanks

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca,
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca

Lagosimmigration@international.go.ca

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2022
Qweency:

If you can afford a two-year program, please go for a two-year program: but if you cannot afford it, you can opt for one-year program at least to get there. If it comes to the worst, you can immediately enroll in another one-year program after graduating from the first one.

Meanwhile, enrolling in a one-year program doesn't mean you cannot get PR or bring your family over. It is my usual advice to people who cannot afford a two-year program to not abandon their dream merely because of affordability.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
LONG POST ALERT

I Don’t even know how to start, all I know is the lord is good and he answers prayers.
My Canada journey started through my mom Her church member gave her a pamphlet that he does flight booking and hotel reservations. So we were speaking and she asked why I haven’t tried to travel to either USA, uk or Canada because she has tried for USA and she was refused . I sha told her I will try and started researching because she kept on asking. I went to a friend’s place and he spoke to me about university of Manitoba, I started the application after payment na so them request for my waec result, I live and work in Abuja and I did my gce and waec in lagos . I sha went to lagos to collect it ( the wahala wey my eye see this day). I proceeded and submitted from October to January na so I hear from them.
I sent them a message towards January ended and they responded saying I was to too old for university 1 that I should change to undergraduate degree which I did and was given an admission to study BA GENERAL.
I was gisting with my friend a week after because I knew he has applied for Canada 4x and was denied so I was asking for insight and he directed me to this platform. I started to read and read to gather knowledge.
Fast forward to when I wanted to apply I was introduced to one agent, I will ask him questions although I have the answers from what I read here, his response was weak all he was interested in was my payment, I had a lump sum I asked this man how will we tackle the issue he said it not a big deal. I went back home while on Instagram I saw my friend from university in Canada with her spouse. I messaged her to ask how she did it , she said she was on spousal visa but she introduced to the person that helped her husband applied. I spoke to the lady, she requested for my admission letter na so she say my admission can’t fly for visa application. Her reasons was I am a graduate of English studies so why am I going for another undergraduate BA program. I came to nairaland to ask , I was also advised about the admission. She helped me apply to sault college and another college in timmms got admission in both colleges to study PGD in global business management, I also remember Anon advised the same thing.
And the rest is history.

TIMELINE OF MY APPLICATION
Applied March 24 2022
Biometric March 25th 2022
Upfront medical March 28th 2022
Eligibility ( can’t say because I didn’t have access to my portal)
Correspondence letter and ppr 7 June 2022.

Document submitted
SOP 2pages
International passport (scanned copy )
Letter of acceptance (sault college)
Police report
Npower acceptance letter
Nysc certificate
University Transcript
university certificate
Waec result

Proof of financial stability
LOA
Flywire receipt showing I paid my first semester 9113.30 CAD
LOE explaining the lump sum and transaction receipt to show for the sale
Sworn affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)
Business documents
MyBankstatement
Landed document of both parents and myself .

I want to use this medium to say Special THANK YOU to Mr Teemanzo and EyinjuGod for taking their time to listen and advising me.

To everyone hoping to God for a miracle, your miracle is around the corner. Just believe because this wait and silence no be here o

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.