Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907612 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
So I got this information below sent to me by one of the schools I applied for admission in BC.

You may want to start gathering documents for your study permit application. We do not provide immigration document supports for new students, but I know Nigeria has a fast track study permit application process that’s not listed on the government website. It’s called NSE (Nigerian Student Express) and you may want to reach out to High Commission of Canada to Nigeria if you would like further information about the requirements. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-introduces-program-to-fast-track-study-permit-processing-from-nigeria-0313846.html#gs.v0ty5

- Who have more information about this.
- It takes 20 calendar days to get approval for study permit if you meet all the requirements.
- There is a stream like this for some selected countries too for study permit

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please I need help on what to do. I mail my passport through DHL without the consent letter. What do you suggest I do now. I don't think vfs wud mail it to VFS. What do I do

Calmdancer21:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
GoodofNaija:

Can SOP be in form of a letter with addresses at the top?
Yes..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Papapa1234:
Does IRCC read all this mails sef?

I Don send mail tire..just automated response oooo..chai

I even sent mail to myself to see what it looks like when IRCC receives..

This people don turn me to another thing ooo..lol

It must end in Praise..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
after how many weeks can I say it has passed normal processing time?
Lekiboboe:

Mails won't work in this scenario of yours

Normally you shouldn't have waited that long to do an UPFRONT MEDICALS

It's after you do your medicals , pass it and you don't hear from them after the normal processing time has passed, that's when you can start sending mails to IRCC.

As it stands your application is still being reviewed, only a passed Upfront medicals can possibly expedite it, since you didn't get a Medical Request. If you pass the medical, you can now start sending webforms
and mails to IRCC offices about how your application has passed normal processing time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please I need help on what to do. I mail my passport through DHL without the consent letter. What do you suggest I do now. I don't think vfs wud mail it to VFS. What do I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Amyuzo: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Good day All, i have been a silent reader in the group and appreciates all the contributions from everyone especially the gurus on achieving the Canadian dream.
I have Bsc in botany and msc in HSE from uk with 15years work experience in HSE . i wanted to apply for second masters but my GPA for my masters is low so I'm considering a graduate certificate in any college. I intend applying for project management or supply chain management in Uwinnipeg or conestoga college. please do i need to hide my MSc and apply only with my BSc . will it be a problem for the Vo if i get approved for admission. Also, which is a better course for me to apply for since i already have masters in my current field ( HSE).
This has been a burden for me and i really need your advise before i proceed with any application for fall 2023.
@frankrobbn1 help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
greeners222:
Oh i sent to Lagos. Heard abuja is faster. Make God help me. Ticket is going up because of summer traveller's

What's the reason for waiting to get your Passport back before buying your ticket? It will take about 15 working days(Maximum) for you to get your Passport back if you sent to VFS Lagos. So just book your flight with that knowledge. Don't wait for flight ticket to get further ridiculous before booking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ok

quote author=CentennialGuy post=114449772]

What's the reason for waiting to get your Passport back before buying your ticket? It will take about 15 working days(Maximum) for you to get your Passport back if you sent to VFS Lagos. So just book your flight with that knowledge. Don't wait for flight ticket to get further ridiculous before booking.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chuksiesmom:
In all things give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you (1 Thes 5:18)

My spouse was served *dinner* this eve��‍♀️
Reason: purpose of visit

New portal submission
1st time study permit applicant
Visitors Visa Refusal - 3 times
Used an RCIC based in Canada

Submission - April 10th
Biometrics - April 11th
Upfront medical updated to pass (submitted with application) - 13th May
Eligibility - dont know
Served - 4th July, 2022

*Documents submitted*
- letter of acceptance from Cambrian College
- Course outline
- National ID card
- Change of name document
- Birth certificate
- Summary of travel history together with copies of passport

SOP (6 pages)
- Detailed summary of attached documents
- University Transcript
- Contract with suppliers
- Business registration documents
- FDA certificates of products
- Marriage certificate
- Letter of introduction of spouse from spouses employer
- Letter of introduction of children from childrens school
Letter of introduction from business. (Business Owner)
- Birth certificate of children and spouse
- Letter from sibling
- Valuation document on 2 properties
- Registration document of 4 cars
- Letter of Attestation of character from old high school
- e-medical sheet
- proof of vaccination
- police clearance report
- Reference letter from customer

POF
- cover letter (2 pages)
- 2 Tables on available funds and total expenses
- Detailed summary of attached documents
- Proof of tuition payment (1 semester)
- Board resolution on company sponsorship
- 4 months Pay slips
- 1 month Statement of business account with 3 years turnovers
- 4 months Statement of personal account
- Statement on joint investment account
- Notarised declaration from spouse
- Explanation on lump sum in investment account
- Proof of spouses employment and pay slips
- Tax clearance certificates
- importation documents and customer invoices

I know we will be approved some day then will I give my full testimony to encourage everyone here. May God make each one of us smile one day, May he give us wisdom to work on our applications. May he favour us in this relocation journey. My prayers will continually go out for each member on this platform.

Is the course related to what he does for a living.

Its also likely your sop was not convincing enough.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Daslimo: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
please help guys... why is my PPR not coming forth?
I applied in Korea... should I be emailing the Korean embassy or the Nigerian embassy?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tymally: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
RAYSKIS:
Silent reader and 2nd or 3rd time poster on this Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21.

If I have thousands of tongues, I will use it to praise Allah!

And He has granted you all that you asked Him for. If you tried to count Allah’s blessings, you would never be able to number them. Indeed, humankind is truly unfair, ˹totally˺ ungrateful Surah Ibrahim Ayat 34 (14:34 Quran). وَءَاتَىٰكُم مِّن كُلِّ مَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُ ۚ وَإِن تَعُدُّوا۟ نِعْمَتَ ٱللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَآ ۗ إِنَّ ٱلْإِنسَـٰنَ لَظَلُومٌۭلَظَلُومٌۭ كَفَّارٌۭ ٣٤

Student Visa Application.
School: Mohawk College Fall Intake (September 2022).
To Study: Business Analysis.
Self-Sponsored Applicant.

Old Portal/GCKEY.
Upfront medical. : Q-Life Family Clinic, Jan 27, 2022.

Application submitted : November 17, 2021.
Biometrics done & Updated. : November 22, 2021.
Ghost update. : No
Medical passed: February 18, 2022,
Eligibility started.: May 13, 2022,
Ordered for my GCMS notes 2 times before PPR.
Sent mail and webforms to Nairobi ( Uncountable).

PPR. : June 22-06-22.
I am seriously a busy type but I have decided to share my PPR Journey as of today in order to reciprocate (05-07-2022) after my passport had been stamped and returned to me due to the fact that I benefitted on this forum called Nairaland a lot before now. “To whom much is given much is expected”.

Documents submitted are:
• IMM 1294E (Student Permit Application form).
• IMM 5257B (Temporary Residence form).
• IMM 5645E (Family Information form).

• Letter of Acceptance (Private Section on GCKEY).
• International passport data page (Private Section on GCKEY).
• Passport Photograph (Private Section on GCKEY).

Submitted Under: Proof of means of financial Support:
• Letter of Explanation (Source of Income) Due to lump sum of 13m Plus.
• Reference letter from my Bank
• My Personal Statement of Account
• Half tuition deposit of $9050 CAD later Paid balance tuition fee around June $9572 CAD and send the record of payment via webform.
• Letter of Introduction from company.
• Issuance of study permit letter from company.
• Confirmation of employment letter from my company.
• Leave of Absence letter from my company.
• Letter of Appointment from my company
• Work ID.
• Resume
• Consent Clearance of my landed property from Lagos state government.
• My C of O (Certificate of Occupancy).
• Clearance letter for Building Plan Approval.
• Deed of Assignment of my landed property.
• Survey plans of my landed property.
• Sales of Agreement of my other property.
• Deed of gift (from my wife)
• Sales of Agreements evidencing my lump sum. (Proof).
Submitted Under: Client information Section are:-
• Statement of Purpose (SOP).
• Degree Certificate.
• Transcript
• Iosh Certificate UK.
• OSHA Certificates USA.
• NPC Birth Certificate.
• Sworn Affidavit for correction of name and date of Birth.
• WAEC Certificates.
• Reference letter by my Foundation Secretary.
• Certificate of Incorporation of my Foundation.
• Wife International Passport data page.
• Wife Nursing License.
• Wife Work ID.
• Kids’ International Passport Data page.
• Kids’ Birth Certificate.
• Marriage Certificate.
• Registry pictures Only.
For guys going to Mohawk College please let us know what is up oooooo, you can actually reach me on +2348070708684 whatsapp only please, thinking of moving by late August and yet to get accommodation and flight ticket.

Praise be to Allah before and After.

Congratulations. Did you have to compress your family form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Omnisavage:
after how many weeks can I say it has passed normal processing time?

It depends on the processing time on IRCC website

As at today on the IRCC website, it says 12 week for Study permit processing time

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
Daslimo:
I applied in Korea... should I be emailing the Korean embassy or the Nigerian embassy?
Have you done an Upfront Medicals and Passed it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yankison(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
JapaProf:

SOP. LOE is needed when there is a reason to specifically explain a document that stands out in an unusual way.

Stick with SOP.

A graduate diploma is cheaper.

Which school has the cheapest tuition and can I still be allowed for a graduate diploma with my second class upper ? .. I just want a school money won't be an issue to pay right from here priory to my visa and I have about 2m for that .

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Amyuzo:
Good day All, i have been a silent reader in the group and appreciates all the contributions from everyone especially the gurus on achieving the Canadian dream.
I have Bsc in botany and msc in HSE from uk with 15years work experience in HSE . i wanted to apply for second masters but my GPA for my masters is low so I'm considering a graduate certificate in any college. I intend applying for project management or supply chain management in Uwinnipeg or conestoga college. please do i need to hide my MSc and apply only with my BSc . will it be a problem for the Vo if i get approved for admission. Also, which is a better course for me to apply for since i already have masters in my current field ( HSE).
This has been a burden for me and i really need your advise before i proceed with any application for fall 2023.
@frankrobbn1 help a sister

Please the bolded is not related to either Botany or HSE.

Do not mention you have a master in your application and getting an admission is not a guarantee for a visa approval.

You can go for Occupational health and safety.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Drey319: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Drey319:
Hello gurus in the house, greetings.

I was refused sp 2016 and ever since then I haven’t applied again.

I have admission now and gathered all the documents to fire back but I don’t know my UCI number, can’t find the biometric slip and I don’t have access to my previous email address

Please what can I do? Do I need to do a fresh biometric? If no, how do I get my biometric slip if ppr comes?.

Cc Lekiboboe
Frank & co
pls someone should answer pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
yankison:

Which school has the cheapest tuition and can I still be allowed for a graduate diploma with my second class upper ? .. I just want a school money won't be an issue to pay right from here priory to my visa and I have about 2m for that .

Thanks

There are no cheap schools. All colleges have almost the same tuition fee range
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Daslimo:

I guess it’s still within the processing time they stipulated (12 weeks). Judging from when your Biometric got updated.

My Biometric got updated on 20th April, same day it was done and no further update till date.

Background check has been in process ever since then and eligibility not even started.

I didn’t do upfront medicals. Tho, I’ve scheduled an appointment for this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Have you done an Upfront Medicals and Passed it ?

I quoted you earlier.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yankison(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Anon123:

There are no cheap schools. All colleges have almost the same tuition fee range

Thanks ,but I would really like to know if has it been the tuition is 13000 like someone stated how much can they require of me as a tuition deposit on the average
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Drey319:
Hello gurus in the house, greetings.

I was refused sp 2016 and ever since then I haven’t applied again.

I have admission now and gathered all the documents to fire back but I don’t know my UCI number, can’t find the biometric slip and I don’t have access to my previous email address

Please what can I do? Do I need to do a fresh biometric? If no, how do I get my biometric slip if ppr comes?.

Cc Lekiboboe
Frank & co

You can apply but the bad news is that you will pay the total $235cad visa and biometrics fee.

The good news is once you pay and submit, ircc will automatically update your visa portal with the biometrics details of your last biometrics which means you wont need to do biometrics and ircc wont send you an invite.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
yankison:

Thanks ,but I would really like to know if has it been the tuition is 13000 like someone stated how much can they require of me as a tuition deposit on the average

13-19K

you are expected to show the tuition for a year and additional $10,000cad living expense.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Anon123:

13-19K

you are expected to show the tuition for a year and additional $10,000cad living expense.

Your response would be appreciated. �

I was wondering….

How does Upfront Medical facilitate one’s application?

I thought a decision could be made without upfront Medical. That is, A refusal without a request for it or a medical request when your application has been approved.

Do they prioritize applications that has upfront Medical?

Or the main reason for the upfront Medical is to reduce time constraints on the side of Applicants Incase there’s a request because of how difficult it is to secure an appointment.

PS: My Timeline States; You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

If I don’t get any message or update after the said processing time.

Logically, I think I can still send emails to inquire about my application.

That’s just my thoughts anyways.

I hope you understand what I mean ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
Daslimo:

Your application is still processing... Try and check if your eligibility review has started.

Even if you applied from the US, visa approval is not guaranteed.

Try sending email to the bother offices and apply for your gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Litey8:

I was wondering….

I thought a decision could be made without upfront Medical. That is, A refusal without a request for it or a medical request when your application has been approved.

Or the main reason for the upfront Medical is to reduce time constraints on the side of Applicants Incase there’s a request because of how difficult it is to secure an appointment.

PS: My Timeline States; You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Ignore all those messages you see on your profile

Lots of people even do MEDICALS and submit it with their Study Visa application. It's on IRCC website that "you can do an UPFRONT MEDICALS". Refusal or not, an applicant has to do medicals

An application with Medicals passed is a Complete application

IRCC have loads of applications with them, you are the one with the close resumption date, so it's your duty to do the Upfront medical medicals ASAP and send the E-medical sheet to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Litey8:

I was wondering….

You need to understand that a visa is not guaranteed for anybody even if you did upfront or not.

Doing an upfront medicals only helps to hasten the final decision process either negative or positive.

A positive decision can not be made on your application if you have not done your medicals hence why medicals are mandatory IF an approval will come.

If you choose to do upfront medicals is totally up to you.

if you application will be approved, you are usually sent a medical request but if its a denial, you will be denied even if you did upfront or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
RuggedArab:
So I got this information below sent to me by one of the schools I applied for admission in BC.

You may want to start gathering documents for your study permit application. We do not provide immigration document supports for new students, but I know Nigeria has a fast track study permit application process that’s not listed on the government website. It’s called NSE (Nigerian Student Express) and you may want to reach out to High Commission of Canada to Nigeria if you would like further information about the requirements. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-introduces-program-to-fast-track-study-permit-processing-from-nigeria-0313846.html#gs.v0ty5

- Who have more information about this.
- It takes 20 calendar days to get approval for study permit if you meet all the requirements.
- There is a stream like this for some selected countries too for study permit

It doesnt work anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
Anon123:

You need to understand that a visa is not guaranteed for anybody even if you did upfront or not.

Doing an upfront medicals only helps to hasten the final decision process either negative or positive.

A positive decision can not be made on your application if you have not done your medicals hence why medicals are mandatory IF an approval will come.

If you choose to do upfront medicals is totally up to you.

if you application will be approved, you are usually sent a medical request but if its a denial, you will be denied even if you did upfront or not.

Thanks for your clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
Kolajero:
Please, those that have gotten their visas should help answer this very important question.

Did you all submit NYSC certificate with your study permit application?

Thanks as I await your response.

Not a mandatory document.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Ignore all those messages you see on your profile

Lots of people even do MEDICALS and submit it with their Study Visa application. It's on IRCC website that "you can do an UPFRONT MEDICALS". Refusal or not, an applicant has to do medicals

An application with Medicals passed is a Complete application

IRCC have loads of applications with them, you are the one with the close resumption date, so it's your duty to do the Upfront medical medicals ASAP and send the E-medical sheet to IRCC

Thanks for your clarification.

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.