Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908015 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thefil: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MUNCHY1: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Oluwanishore:
So this is my timeline. The docs I submitted are as follows:
Application submitted on 9th of May
Biometrics done on 13th, updated same day
Upfront Medicals 19th of May
Medical request for spouse and son on June 17th. It was later passed on July 1st and mine on the 12th of July
Eligibility still ongoing
Background check still ongoing
BVL and PPR for us all 20th July

APPLICANT
ALL IMM FORMS ( 1294, 5713, 5645, 5257)
EDUCATION DOC
1.Bsc cert
2.Transcript
3.Nysc cert
4. Waec cert

EMPLOYENT
1. Reference letter from work
2. Offer letter
3. Confirmation letter
4. Letter of promotion
5. Payslips( Latest 4 months)
6. Work ID
7. CV

PERSONAL DOC
1. Change of name( newspaper publication)
2. Sworn affidavit for change of name
3. Family pics..myself and hubby during our court and church wedding ( just 3 pics cos of space)
4. NIN
5. Police character

HOME TIES DOC
1. Parents and siblings birt cert and sworn affidavit
2. Docs of Landed property of hubby n myself (just deed n receipts)
3. Pics of ongoing building construction.
4. Docs of parents property that I'm managing ( just deed, survey and pics of building)
5. Pics of myself with parents and siblings at different occasions
Note: I had to use all I had that could be regarded as home tie as I was including my spouse and son in my application.

FOR MY SPOUSE
All IMM FORMS ( 1295, 5645, 5257)

EDUCATION
Same as mine

EMPLOYMENT DOCS
Leave of absence letter from his office
Work ID
CV
Offer letter
Confirmation letter
Bonus on pay letter
Pay slips ( 4 months too)

PERSONAL DOC
Birth cert
Marriage cert
Police character
Pics with his parents and siblings
His parents property doc( he is the overseer)
His parents and siblings birth cert
Drivers license ( because we filled the number on it as additional means of ID on one of the IMM Form)
His statement of account ( I mentioned in my SOP and his own Purpose of travel letter that he also has some money of his own exclusive of mine)

MY SON'S DOCS
ALL IMM FORMS( 5257, 5257 schedule 1)

Birth cert
NIN
His creche receipts
Plenty pics of him and us.

I am really grateful to God for His graciousness over me and my family because this can only be God. The journey to travel to Canada started with my hubby in 2020/2021 but he couldn't secure an admission. He also tried a UK sch but nothing positive. We both decided to switch the applicant and apply to Canada again and several UK schs. I became the Principal applicant for Canada and we both did several UK schs. I was given admission less than 2 weeks after I submitted my application and we both had 7 admissions all together from UK schs. We decided to stick with Canada as travelling to UK now is not beans. It was really a tough decision for us when we wanted to apply for Visa. We read of how it was best for one person to go first before others joining but the thought of leaving my husband and son behind scared me oo so we decided to put our faith in God and submit as a family. We praise the name of the Lord because it has ended in praise.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all our support system in this application for admission and Visa journey. God bless you all and to Nairaland family..you guys ehnn you too much. God bless you all including our gurus( Frank, Anon and several others. Your selfless service will never go unrewarded by the Almighty.
And to all PPR hopefuls you are next in Jesus name. Amen

Sorry for the long post, I just had to be explicit enough for others who want to apply as a family.

Big Congratulations!!! My PPR is coming before the end of this week in Jesus name, Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Red river college
Whitenaira2014:
Don't understand what you mean by RRC?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
May 2 here

Oldfashioned145:
Any may applicants in the house

#may 4

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations!!!

dobianyi:
It's PPR Guys, follow me ThankGod o
Omo just be prayerful. There's something called God's Grace and it works.
To think that I was drafting the email/webform I would send to to IRCC yesterday once my application got to 12weeks and no response and just today I reluctantly checked my email and it was PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hi. I am so sorry abiout your friend. Has she ordered her Gcms notes?

If you don't mind, please which country did she apply from?
ninab:
Hi everyone ,
Please I would like to find out if there is anyone who applied from the outside Nigeria and was refused based on Immigration status and employment opportunities in home country.

She showed most ties to Nigeria and yet she was still refused ,please how did you tackle it and can anyone also point me to similar trend

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trackeo(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
You jusr have to show for a year...the 10k cads if you are going to a province other than Quebec..
toyin03:
I'm considering the cost, thats why. My sponsor can only show a closing balance that can cover for a Yr study program, and I read I have to show for the entire 2 years if it's for Msc. Sighs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by xcllaxix(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
We wey no get access to our panel na to dey read others update dey happy for their progress..This is hard..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
quote author=Fativivimat post=114909188]No two Visa applications are the same. It's best if a police report is submitted. What worked for you may not work for others.
Just an advise though...

All the best

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
This was the response I got from my school..I just printed out what I asked and the response I got..its nothing much..
Chiziteremary:
@Papapa1234

Please when u wrote to the school to add your daughter to your health insurance did they increase the amount u paid for health insurance. Pls reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
The person asked if it's a compulsory requirement and I responded that its not..its not a compulsory requirement..so she should pay 70k or didn't you see that she wrote 70k?
Fativivimat:
No two Visa applications are the same. It's best if a police report is submitted. What worked for you may not work for others.
Just an advise though...

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Good evening house, i recently got my transcript from my school. I graduated last year though it was supposed to be in 2020 but ASUU strike and the pandemic made it to enter 2021. I studied Education Accountancy and graduated with a 2:1 and i'm looking forward to applying for an admission in any of the colleges. Please, which course can one go for to prove career progression in line with what i have studied.

@Makano @Lekiboboe @Frankrobbn @Mrproflink @Anon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trackeo(m): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hey..
A (2.1) is good... Buh from the experiences i have had with this admission thing in canada is that they want a well packaged application..For the course aspect,you need to do the findings...you know what you want..you do your research...one of the major angles i should point you to in finding a course is "what did you defend in your seminar"...start from there...in your course there should be branches....list them out....see the synergy btw one of them and your project...then start looking for schools with such....affordable fee....Go through the school requirement( as regards admission to the course) very well....very well... Package your file...apply....your application should be early....Thanks...
JDB55:
Good evening house, i recently got my transcript from my school. I graduated last year though it was supposed to be in 2020 but ASUU strike and the pandemic made it to enter 2021. I studied Education Accountancy and graduated with a 2:1 and i'm looking forward to applying for an admission in any of the colleges. Please, which course can one go for to prove career progression in line with what i have studied.

@Makano @Lekiboboe @Frankrobbn @Mrproflink @Anon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Venekconsultt: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
you eh,you should personally know thats application fee. your question actually got be smiling,Thanks
you

CharitoJames:

You paid $100 as school fees?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
apeja2017:
Pls how long those it take them to give feedback on there admission. Have applied since 30 of june nothing yet na just student portal login they gave me.

Mine took 2weeks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
Trackeo:
Hey..
A (2.1) is good... Buh from the experiences i have had with this admission thing in canada is that they want a well packaged application..For the course aspect,you need to do the findings...you know what you want..you do your research...one of the major angles i should point you to in finding a course is "what did you defend in your seminar"...start from there...in your course there should be branches....list them out....see the synergy btw one of them and your project...then start looking for schools with such....affordable fee....Go through the school requirement( as regards admission to the course) very well....very well... Package your file...apply....your application should be early....Thanks...
Thanks for the prompt reply. But, with my 2:1 is it gonna look somehow if one decides to go for a PGD course in a college cos i'm not considering a masters yet cos of the tuition fee but i can afford that of a college. Also, some requires one to have a GMAT/GRE which i don't have any. And lastly what i defended in my project was based on Education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
Pls don't instill fear..except you are ready to wait for one billion years

This is an example of fearless..one of us have been waiting for 15 months..submitted May 2021 (sowp)..he sent this ystrday night to China and got ppr this morning...After 15 whooping months..
If you no get liver..don't try this ooooooo..lol
adeyinkaadetunj:

Yes, you can get update without email IRCC. I haven't send a single email since I've applied on April 27 and I keep getting update on my application and now reviewing my eligible, hope to receive my PPR soon.

And Note that too much email annoyed some VO, that's is the reason some application get refused with minor reason.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations
Oluwanishore:
SEE WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY!!
It's PPR for me, my spouse and son... Hallelujah. Please praise God with me.
MAY 9th applicant.
God you are great!!!!
Will send in my timeline soonest.
God will do yours too. Just as I am shedding tears of joy and jumping for joy..so shall you jump for joy too. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations
dobianyi:
It's PPR Guys, follow me ThankGod o
Omo just be prayerful. There's something called God's Grace and it works.
To think that I was drafting the email/webform I would send to to IRCC yesterday once my application got to 12weeks and no response and just today I reluctantly checked my email and it was PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Venekconsultt: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
'you were told'? who told you??
please don't be sounding this way.do your part and leave the rest to the VO
BAD ENERGY FAR-AWAY

Ellapee:

Okay thank you. But will getting a visa be a problem?? Cause I was told I’m likely to be denied visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hammylawali: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
I also submitted same time. but i am yet to get eligibility update.. So worried . And it disturbing my mental health .
I keep checking my status and mail every now and then.
Blakmandk:
We submitted on the same date. My upfront Medicals was on June 28th but it’s still yet to be updated to pass. And my eligibility review has started. Though I sent series of mails for the past 2weeks which I think is the catalyst to my eligibility review. Do you think I should send another mail so my Medicals can be updated or do I just wait for IRCC to update it since eligibility has commenced?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Abi..In this circumstances sef,the moniker asked cos they told her it's 70k as opposed to the regular 5k..and I replied that I didn't submit when it was even 5k..why should anyone pay 70k since its not a compulsory requirement?
CharitoJames:

You said it’s best... please explain why it’s best because this isn’t express entry... and even if you pay fees, it’s not a guarantee... before saying “best”... we should be able to back it up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hammylawali: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
Blakmandk:
We submitted on the same date. My upfront Medicals was on June 28th but it’s still yet to be updated to pass. And my eligibility review has started. Though I sent series of mails for the past 2weeks which I think is the catalyst to my eligibility review. Do you think I should send another mail so my Medicals can be updated or do I just wait for IRCC to update it since eligibility has commenced?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hafeez6948: 12:02am On Jul 21, 2022
Omo this one loud even me sef feel ham, that man murder them with that email. Mad ooh respect to that brother i cool

Papapa1234:

This is an example of fearless..one of us have been waiting for 15 months..submitted May 2021 (sowp)..he sent this ystrday night to China and got ppr this morning...After 15 whooping months..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by darling4real1: 12:15am On Jul 21, 2022
Good morning All,
Please I need an urgent advise to make an important decision. Graduated 16years ago with Bsc in Biochemistry and has been working in bank for 13years. I now want to apply for pgd in financial management, though I have an MBA in 2013. Please what is my chances for both admission and study permit? Kindly help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by toyin03(f): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2022
Lekiboboe:

HI

A BSC holder going for another BSC is not advisable. Approval chances is low with such move.

These are the red flags a Visa Officer will possibly spot
- 15 years is a very long Study gap
- No Academic Progression (going for another BSC) which will be termed as WRONG PURPOSE OF VISIT
- Her Age

Your friend should jejely go for a PG. Cert or Post-Baccalaureate or Post Diploma program in a Business field for CAREER PROGRESSION (as related to her work experience)

See the link below for the programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/230#111060488

Hello, I'll like to ask.... If one decides to go for a post graduate certificate program related to their current work experience (career progression), does the grade one graduated with (Bsc.) matter here? Pls?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SarahP1980: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Hello Frank,

I have applied and gotten admission to study in Canada but will be needing your help with getting the study permit.

Although I had applied earlier and was refused visa, I am told that I can apply again.

I got this link from a friend who advised I contact you.

Please let me know if you can help in any way.

Thanks and regards.
Sarah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 12:59am On Jul 21, 2022
Hahahaha.

Even if they had reasons not to grant him or went on their endless investigations, it became irrelevant after that email.

I feel this persons pain. Congratulations

Papapa1234:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 1:00am On Jul 21, 2022
BenedictStinson:

On the bolded, do you mean withdraw into the person's Africhange account or the person's Canadian bank account and by the bank app do you mean Africhange app or the person's bank account

1. The person's Canadian bank account

2. The person's bank account (go-to bill section on the Canadian bank app... search for your school and use ur student ID as your as your bank account)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hafeez6948: 1:05am On Jul 21, 2022
Omo if person no get mind make him no depend on canada has the only hope to japa, Tell a friend to tell a friend if your time is of the essence try other countries as well, Canada is not the only country with milk and honey. I say this not to discourage anyone but for two reasons
1. I am very certain that most people who have been rejected by IRCC would have easily gotten visa else with the same application documents
2. Its very clear that IRCC especially to under developed countries such as ours, are operating under the mindset of looking for reasons to reject rather than approve , hence the long scrutiny and the very low approval rate.

The canadian dream may still be most enticing but trust me there are other options. I have friends in ireland, norway, uk, Germany and Spain who ar doing extremely well 4 themselves, it mostly depends on your drive rather than d country itself. I myself lived abroad for awhile b4 i came back to do Youth Service so am not just blabbing.

Lets manage this mental torture that we put ourselves through with IRCC. dem no fit understand our struggle, dey are insensitive to us. I am learning the hard way. My father is fed up with me already due to my dogmatic stance to choose canada over uk and ireland cuz i applied to all three 4 admission. God Forbid should incase i have to reapply am not sure anyone in my family will listen to me. Be smart do not put all your eggs in one basket .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omodesmond7744: 1:05am On Jul 21, 2022
Anon123:

These are my recommendations.

You could go for a BSC since you are only 27.

You can include assets owned by family. You are still an owner of the property.

You can still sponsor yourself. When writing your sop, try to buy into the visa officer's conscience by selling a story of how you have struggled after secondary school and your determination to make something of yourself hence why you made it your sworn duty to get a degree.
the bsc program will be more expensive for me can't I apply for diploma in a college with the fact that am 27yrs and what will be my chances for sturdy permit application please ur advise is needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 2:10am On Jul 21, 2022
Papapa1234:

Omo! This is the kind of mail i can come up with and send... 15 whole months? Ah! Dude calm... i go carry fuel go embassy

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.