Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? (22820 Views)

How Do Nigerians Create Onlyfans Account When They Do Not Support Nigeria / 14 Things Nigerians Do Every Day That Are Illegal In North Korea / This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by havenz(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
It's a follow come vexing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by BleedTears: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:
1. Why do we apologize before saying anything in Nigeria? Eg “please don't be angry, where is First Bank located here?” “Abeg, no vex, where I go fit piss here?”

2. Why do we say ‘no problem’ or ‘no wahala’ when told to do sth after a conversation?

Since when did "Abeg, Please" became an apology?

Anywhere if you go to USA or any other country when you want to ask someone for a favor tear the person hot slap and then you ask for him/her for favor.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yes, especially the men and sometimes the women are unpredictable, they can be overly dramatic. You are right. But the educated ones can be very smart. But you are right, they can be like that.

sukkot:
whatever it is they went through, it has made them very irrational people. they are the most irrational and emotional people on the planet. gotta watch yourself around them . any mistake and the gun may come out ' YOU DISRESPEKINN ME NIGGA ? IS YOU DISRESPEKIN ME BOOOMMMMMM you are a dead man. they will read your obituary in naija

lmaooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Moikiitos: 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
Naija dey for reverse mood by default.

chatinent:
1. Why do we apologize before saying anything in Nigeria? Eg “please don't be angry, where is First Bank located here?” “Abeg, no vex, where I go fit piss here?”

2. Why do we say ‘no problem’ or ‘no wahala’ when told to do sth after a conversation?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by cunny88(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
PotatoSalad:
"No wahala" is like "Aight" in English.

We say 'please' because we don't know the current state of mind of the next person in this country. You fit dey ask for directions from person rushing to pay ransom for his kidnapped son, or somebody that just lost his life savings to Racksterli, or a lady that was just served hot breakfast.
Make dem no transfer their aggression to you
you are a full blooded Nigerian
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
My night, lo gun shot. That's true Sha, but they still have good ones among them.

They came from us, most of them came from Nigeria, so they are still us even although it does not seem so.

If one wants to study what a Nigerian can evolve into, in a negative situation, I think we can learn from them and they can learn from us. It goes both ways. But one has to be careful around them.

sukkot:
whatever it is they went through, it has made them very irrational people. they are the most irrational and emotional people on the planet. gotta watch yourself around them . any mistake and the gun may come out ' YOU DISRESPEKINN ME NIGGA ? IS YOU DISRESPEKIN ME BOOOMMMMMM you are a dead man. they will read your obituary in naija

lmaooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by donMIG(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
#one, because all Nigerians are hangry!
#two, we r used ti saying that shi
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by lagosrd: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2022
YorubaKing:
1. A sign of respect.

2. Re-affirmation.

OP, I don't see anything wrong in these things... You're simply trying to create a storm in a tea cup. I think your brain needs an oil change. angry

None of the above sir.
1. Its a way of respecting one's self and the person you're asking the question from.

2. Its a way of preventing or avoiding insults cos you may not tell if the person get skushy for head.

3. Na small thing you go do to insult people for here

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Athemisia: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:
Is it that everybody is angry by default or what?
The Sapa is real

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Shegzdave: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2022
inderhappy:

Exactly you've to apologize first before anything
Sometimes, you even have to thank them before they render the help grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Litmus: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:

We do it because we are Nigerians, do you want us to be Kenyans??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by dododawa1: 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
Only applied to AFONJA people.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by President2001(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
The person you're approaching did not know you and taking the person time to ask questions one need to caught is attention
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Litmus: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Its like, why do Americans drawl, have dollars, walk tall, play country music , like apple pies, obsess with space travel and slap their thighs, crying yeehaa!

If you did away with all of Americas foibles you'll kill America and have, say, another replica England. Wouldn't the world be poorer for it?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Remman(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:

it's the best way to approach people... That's why the foreigners enjoy us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by merits(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:

Ask 9ja goggle. grin

1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by davades(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:

Those are Nigerian slangs, we're used to it just like the American slangs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by victme1(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
Abi eleyi n shiere ni?
Our default response!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Sheriman(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
90% of Nigerians you see on the streets walking around are frustrated who are ready to devour you if you misbehave.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by chatinent: 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
shevchenko:
You

You never see canada then.They can say sorry eh

Reason me Canada.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Shegzdave:

Sometimes, you even have to thank them before they render the help grin

You're on point grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Boyooosa(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:
Is it that everybody in Nigeria is angry by default or what?

Default culture/courtesy sort of...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by etazi0001: 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
Make I think am
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Peace880(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
Crossboy:
Pls checkout my blog guys
https://Www.Metaform.com.ng

Very interesting
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by nextstep(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:
Is it that everybody in Nigeria is angry by default or what?
You no know? Everybody (at least in Lagos) is a boiling pot of rage inside... just waiting to unleash on the unfortunate person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by benzzyno(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
chatinent:

Are you not a Nigerian??.. Why do you also do those things you mentioned above?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Because we all know We all on standby Para-mode ..

The shixt this country did to us grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by ultimateprof: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
The first reason is illiteracy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Shegzdave: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
inderhappy:

You're on point grin
Naija na cruise cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by olusma23(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ontop that, they go still first look you like beggar....

Their first motive is any stranger that greet them is a beggar
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
Are you telling me it is only in Nigeria that we use it Your story get as he be oooo grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Queenserah26(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
Honestly grin grin

Shegzdave:
My brother, Everybody in Nigeria is angry by default grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Do To Keep Yourself & Your Family Safe In This Week Before Elections / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) / Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.