Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? (22817 Views)

How Do Nigerians Create Onlyfans Account When They Do Not Support Nigeria / 14 Things Nigerians Do Every Day That Are Illegal In North Korea / This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Shegzdave: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
Queenserah26:
Honestly grin grin

They’re just waiting for the unfortunate person to unleash it upon grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by sampz: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
PotatoSalad:
"No wahala" is like "Aight" in English.

We say 'please' because we don't know the current state of mind of the next person in this country. You fit dey ask for directions from person rushing to pay ransom for his kidnapped son, or somebody that just lost his life savings to Racksterli, or a lady that was just served hot breakfast.
Make dem no transfer their aggression to you

Even with the please, aggression is still bring transferred. Then imagine without the 'please abeg no vex'. Na dead body we go da see for road on a daily
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by dragunov: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
sukkot:
whatever it is they went through, it has made them very irrational people. they are the most irrational and emotional people on the planet. gotta watch yourself around them . any mistake and the gun may come out ' YOU DISRESPEKINN ME NIGGA ? IS YOU DISRESPEKIN ME BOOOMMMMMM you are a dead man. they will read your obituary in naija

lmaooo

That irrationality you just mentioned is out of this world. It's legendary, Obz. Both men and women. They have this strange issue with their self esteem and also a massive sense of entitlement. They are generally unappreciative, treacherous and unnecessarily emotional. They can shoot you for anything, as long as you're dragging an argument with them. Just for any flimsy reason; like arguing about change in the store or when they are trying to cheat you and you are not allowing them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Zif0: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by JubiOmeiza(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Haha..omo we are angry by default o. Me wey dey reason how hustle go gel do not have time to entertain anybody for street . Everybody eye dey red!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by prciouschika(f): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
My own whenever I want to ask a question either from family,friend or stranger......I start with please I'm sorry then ask my question grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Abdulkatcha(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
To me it served as I sign of respect to the person you are about to ask,
good day sir, where is first bank around here
good day sir, please, where is first bank around here [b]To me it served as I sign of respect to the person you are about to ask,
good day sir, please, where is first bank around here [/b]To me it served as I sign of respect to the person you are about to ask,
good day sir, please, where is first bank around here
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Especially "Sorry, please excuse me"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2022
Everybody's bad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by bigbossila: 3:18am On Jan 27, 2022
abeg no vex, because we're Nigerians. 90% of us are abnormal, always angry , sociopaths, fake e.t.c
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by Dipsaint(m): 6:23am On Jan 27, 2022
chatinent:
1. Why do we apologize before saying anything in Nigeria? Eg “please don't be angry, where is First Bank located here?” “Abeg, no vex, where I go fit piss here?”

2. Why do we say ‘no problem’ or ‘no wahala’ when told to do sth after a conversation?

Leeemao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by lascos912(m): 6:30am On Jan 27, 2022
if you don't do that they will give you wrong direction and you will walk till you sweat like lukaku
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by LordGuru1: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2022
Same with Ghana. In fact, the Ghana uses it "unnecessarily" is worse. You will hear "Me pashu, good morning." Means: "Please, good morning."
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by sukkot: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2022
dragunov:

That irrationality you just mentioned is out of this world. It's legendary, Obz. Both men and women. They have this strange issue with their self esteem and also a massive sense of entitlement. They are generally unappreciative, treacherous and unnecessarily emotional. They can shoot you for anything, as long as you're dragging an argument with them. Just for any flimsy reason; like arguing about change in the store or when they are trying to cheat you and you are not allowing them.
very well said brother dragunov, very well said. I couldnt have said it any better smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Do These Things? by DonroxyII: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
chatinent:
1. Why do we apologize before saying anything in Nigeria? Eg “please don't be angry, where is First Bank located here?” “Abeg, no vex, where I go fit piss here?”

2. Why do we say ‘no problem’ or ‘no wahala’ when told to do sth after a conversation?

Aswear, If You don't Appease Nigerian's Brain, He/she will just transfer Aggressions to You. You self please no vex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Do To Keep Yourself & Your Family Safe In This Week Before Elections / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) / Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.