Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. (22982 Views)

These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / See The Number Of People LASTMA Arrests Daily Over Traffic Offenses / OLX Donates Raincoats To LASTMA As A Token Of Their Appreciation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by ugodson(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
Why you sef take one way. The law is if you are caught taking one way your car will automatically be impounded. So you actually gave bribe.
Some can think they will always get away with it,but one day can be unlucky. Please avoid taking one way
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Ventura1: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2022
Impunity thrives because no one wants to challenge it.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by gulfer: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2022
rocila1041:
200k for what,hahaha this lastma na something
EndLASTMA loading angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Semaj77(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
I recently was made to pay N200,000 for a one way offence in Lagos state. This one way had no sign on the road, posed no threat to commuters or oncoming vehicles, the road intact is a useless road, yet it was a one way. LASTMA officials stand by the end of the road to victimized people. Insult you fight you and still take your car.

One other guy paid same N200,000 because he cleared off the way and parked in a one way when his car over heated. Instead of these officers to render him help they took him to the office booked him and made him pay 200k or stand the risk of forfeiting his vehicle

Other payments were N200,000(3rd guy) N100,000 by one old man who just came to Lagos from abeokuta to drop a passenger with N20,000. LASTMA tolled his vehicle and spoilt the shaft.

This is very sad in the end.

What is your story

Na plane una carry pass there Because me I'm not understanding how you're made to pay 200k

8 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by CocoaOla: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
Only in zoogeria

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by joyandfaith: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
I recently was made to pay N200,000 for a one way offence in Lagos state. This one way had no sign on the road, posed no threat to commuters or oncoming vehicles, the road intact is a useless road, yet it was a one way. LASTMA officials stand by the end of the road to victimized people. Insult you fight you and still take your car.

One other guy paid same N200,000 because he cleared off the way and parked in a one way when his car over heated. Instead of these officers to render him help they took him to the office booked him and made him pay 200k or stand the risk of forfeiting his vehicle

Other payments were N200,000(3rd guy) N100,000 by one old man who just came to Lagos from abeokuta to drop a passenger with N20,000. LASTMA tolled his vehicle and spoilt the shaft.

What is your story

Instead of paying while not sue lasma to court for not putting road signs. It wouldn't stop until somebody takes them to court.
20k is for Tinubu Alphabeta.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Ifakiland(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

What is your story
I have never fallen victim....them sef dey watch face....them know werey wen them see werey...how I go pay 200k to people wey no hold gun, people qey their work na road maintaining agency....lailai

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by adioolayi(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
In as much as Lagos Drivers too get their own craze...

LASTMA is becoming a nuisance....all they just want to do is to extort you or generate revenue for state government unjustly.

It's hightime Lagos Government checked their excesses...They are generating lots of cries and attention right now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
Waakanda:

Wow... the process is too cumbersome. I'll rather be careful out there when driving.

I will never come to Lagos with my car , if I have to come with it? I will come along with my rifle, if lastman waylaid me, I will shoot atleast 10dead abandoned the car and escape, atleast I won

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by joyandfaith: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
ugodson:
Why you sef take one way. The law is if you are caught taking one way your car will automatically be impounded. So you actually gave bribe.
Some can think they will always get away with it,but one day can be unlucky. Please avoid taking one way

Without road signs? You are joke or part of the corrupt system.

20 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by nedekid: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
The process of retrieving the car is another epistle

First of all you will be given a crazy receipt which they generally refer to as ticket. In this ticket your details and that of your car will be in there and you will also be referred to court with a specific date written on it for you to appear before the Lagos State Mobile court.

On the scheduled court day. A judge will come to the lastma headquarters to preside over the matter. First question will be ARE YOU GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY. If you plead guilty. Judgment will be passed. if you plead not guilty, then your case needs to be look into and if you can prove beyond doubt that you were arraigned unjustly. You might be set free.

NOW:
Once judgement has been passed. You are to wait 2days for the typed judgment to be ready at the mobile court office at bolade. Persons whom have been judged to forfiet their vehicle to the state due to one way offence, have the opportunity to buy it back with a total sum of N200,000 no reduction what so ever. Other persons will get differnent monetary fines according to the final verdict of the judge
Pls wanna be clear.
If forfeiture is passed in a car. The owner has an option to pay a flat rate of 200k to get the car within a stipulated period failure to which auction will take place?
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by jneutron4000: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
Good one Last man. Why pass one way? Many people in Lagos drive carelessly and are too greedy in road usage. Wetin is not accepted in developed countries una go dey do for Nigeria
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by GeneralZodd(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
rocila1041:
200k for what,hahaha this lastma na something
he didn't negotiate, if he had negotiated that money would not pass 50k at most and the type you drive matters too

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by mamawa123: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Sad but this will deter you from doing that again.

200k fine for one traffic offense is damn too high while most Nigerian states can’t afford to pay 30k minimum wage

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by tellwisdom: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Please ignore this criminal disguising as a victim. It’s either he’s testing the masses to see how vulnerable they can be, so they can start robbing motorist on the road or he’s working for the government to scare people away from road offense.

People should be careful with their reports here , as there’s a sinister move behind this post.

LASTMA of all? Charge you 200k??
How much come be ur motor?? Dam boro ba shege banza angry

6 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by revolt(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
The process of retrieving the car is another epistle

First of all you will be given a crazy receipt which they generally refer to as ticket. In this ticket your details and that of your car will be in there and you will also be referred to court with a specific date written on it for you to appear before the Lagos State Mobile court.

On the scheduled court day. A judge will come to the lastma headquarters to preside over the matter. First question will be ARE YOU GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY. If you plead guilty. Judgment will be passed. if you plead not guilty, then your case needs to be look into and if you can prove beyond doubt that you were arraigned unjustly. You might be set free.

NOW:
Once judgement has been passed. You are to wait 2days for the typed judgment to be ready at the mobile court office at bolade. Persons whom have been judged to forfiet their vehicle to the state due to one way offence, have the opportunity to buy it back with a total sum of N200,000 no reduction what so ever. Other persons will get differnent monetary fines according to the final verdict of the judge
THEY HAVE NEVER SET ANYBODY FREE FOR UNJUST ARREST. PLEADING NOT GUILTY IS AUTOMATIC 200K. I was accused of overtaking over a yellow line on one of my visits at marina in a traffic jam situation. My vehicle was towed. I was charged to mobile court. A nasty process at oshodi. Went for driver training. Had to pay about 85k as fine. Plus had to do community labour mandatory (ofcos you can bribe your way out of that). Then after about three days with indemnity parking charges of 1k per day, for no fault of mine My car remained in obalende for 3 days. Thanks to unnecessary bureaucracy and corruption. Then had to pump my tyres for 10x the regular price and still had to settle the security men at the gate to leave. That day as I was leaving some soldiers came and insisted one of the LASTMA commanders must follow them to the barracks for towing their vehicle.. see them begging...lol... though I felt the soldiers were wrong but I no pity them.. the guy go collect better drilling.

15 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Amah70: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

What is your story

If there were no one way sign at the entrances to the road, go to court and sue LASTMA for refunds and damages.

The courts must compel LASTMA to refund you, and possibly pay you damages caused. Society is partly reformed by court rulings.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

What is your story
One way is wrong, whether it poses a risk or not. Many have gone due to this, so don’t justify your wrong.
Meanwhile, Lagosians are always too in a hurry.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nezzjnr: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
I no dey carry car reach Surulere... Yaba... Costain... Jibowu... Shomolu area.....You can't understand those roads .. You can only pray not to get caught.

17 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by revolt(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

Without road signs? You are joke or part of the corrupt system.

I'm telling you.. driving in naija is Luke driving blind. I stopped at a stop sign one day in ikoyi and ppl behind almost hit me. They were just cursing me out..

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by charlesm91(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I experienced similar incident one day Why driving along an expressway not knowing it was a one way.

One idiot i didn't know where he jumped out from block my way cheesy

And that because the road wasn't good and wasn't straight, had pot holes which prevent me from spending off.

Omo I drag my car key with him thinking he was alone, before I could step out of the vehicle, i was surrounded by other members tongue

I end up paying 30k on bribe OOO after plenty l am very sorry sir tongue tongue tongue.
same here, gave them 30k for a road that had no sign it was one way
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by drey076(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
nike4love:
grin Tinubu for president
i cant even imagine this
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by tellwisdom: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
aieromon:

Name and location of road?

Nobody collected any money from him. Let him show concrete proof of payment and who he paid it to. Let him publish it.

The guy Na LASTMA, VIO or police official testing the water to see if they can start charging victims such exorbitant amount.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nezzjnr: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
tellwisdom:
Please ignore this criminal disguising as a victim. It’s either he’s testing the masses to see how vulnerable they can be, so they can start robbing motorist on the road or he’s working for the government to scare people away from road offense.

People should be careful with their reports here , as there’s a sinister move behind this post.

LASTMA of all? Charge you 200k??
How much come be ur motor?? Dam boro ba shege banza angry
You haven't seen anything Bro.

It's better if Police get hold of me than for Lastma to catch me... Those guys are devils.

Few weeks back.... A trailer crushed one to pieces... People just went about their business to show you how evil minded these guys are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Campaign money for tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by alizma: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ok na, my friends in Lagos hope say una don hear? If I come around and you mistakenly tell me say I fit use your vehicle cruise the town, me and you go get problem. 200k+ I beg sir are too much to cruise the town with lastma officer.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Amah70: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
After receiving the judgment document

You will have to take this paper back to head quarters, they will then give you a crazy form yet again which you will have to take to the zone were you were arrested or booked. There the boss will sign and hand you a payment advise which you will take to any bank to make the payment to Lagos State Tax Deposit account.

Once this payment is made, a certificate of payment will be issued as confirmation. This receipt you will take it back to the headquarters at Oshodi Apapa express way. There they will confirm your payment and minute on the document for your car to be released to you. You will then have to made 3 copies each of all the documents in your possession as that moment.

Back to the zone
After the above is done you return you the zone will all the original documents from Oshodi then, they zone commander will confirm the documents and they calculate how long your car has been in their custody and you will be made to pay DEMORAGE N1000 per day. This payment will be made yet again into Lagos state Tax Deposit account.

Release of Vehicle
Once you have made the payment for the Demorage. Come back to the zone with your receipt. Your key will be handed over to you. But your tyres would have been deflated. You still have to give N1,000 to the vulcanizer to get your car tyres back up.

It's illegal to seize one's vehicle because of traffic offence, except the offence is driving without insurance, or driving a vehicle that has no certificate of road worthiness.

People are exploited in Nigeria out of ignorance of the law by police and these other traffic controllers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by tellwisdom: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nezzjnr:

You haven't seen anything Bro.

It's better if Police get hold of me than for Lastma to catch me... Those guys are devils.

Few weeks back.... A trailer crushed one to pieces... People just went about their business to show you how evil minded these guys are.

LASTMA look at my face let alone stopping my car?? I have no business with any of them as far as I’m concern; and I can’t imagine any sane person paying such amount. My brother WHO DID HE KILL??
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nezzjnr: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
tellwisdom:

LASTMA look at my face let alone stopping my car?? I have no business with any of them as far as I’m concern and I can’t imagine any sane person paying such amount. My brother WHO DID HE KILL??
Lmao.... Commit an offence 1st.

You go understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
tellwisdom:

LASTMA look at my face let alone stopping my car?? I have no business with any of them as far as I’m concern; and I can’t imagine any sane person paying such amount. My brother WHO DID HE KILL??
Stop this gra gra.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
After receiving the judgment document

You will have to take this paper back to head quarters, they will then give you a crazy form yet again which you will have to take to the zone were you were arrested or booked. There the boss will sign and hand you a payment advise which you will take to any bank to make the payment to Lagos State Tax Deposit account.

Once this payment is made, a certificate of payment will be issued as confirmation. This receipt you will take it back to the headquarters at Oshodi Apapa express way. There they will confirm your payment and minute on the document for your car to be released to you. You will then have to made 3 copies each of all the documents in your possession as that moment.

Back to the zone
After the above is done you return you the zone will all the original documents from Oshodi then, they zone commander will confirm the documents and they calculate how long your car has been in their custody and you will be made to pay DEMORAGE N1000 per day. This payment will be made yet again into Lagos state Tax Deposit account.

Release of Vehicle
Once you have made the payment for the Demorage. Come back to the zone with your receipt. Your key will be handed over to you. But your tyres would have been deflated. You still have to give N1,000 to the vulcanizer to get your car tyres back up.
Holy mother of God! Just because of one way!! Kuku kill me!
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

What is your story
Na GTB deposit slip you upload na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Self-driving Volkswagen Sedric Concept To Be Available In 2025 (photo) / 10 Important Things To Check Regularly In Your Car / Mazda At 50: A Timeline Of Its Car Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.