Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. (22988 Views)

These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / See The Number Of People LASTMA Arrests Daily Over Traffic Offenses / OLX Donates Raincoats To LASTMA As A Token Of Their Appreciation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
I was once in a wrong parking situation in Lagos. They locked my wheel. I thought it was a joke until this wahala started. We dragged back and forth for 3 hours. Told them I didn't see the no parking (which was very small and looks likes it was illegally placed there by the shop owners around the area)
Last last, I went to bank to pay 35k to Lagos state internal revenue's account. Dem no gree!

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Wasky101: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
Waakanda:

Ćcç
Wow... the process is too cumbersome. I'll rather be careful out there when driving.

Reason for the cumbersomeness (lol),
Once u done trust me you will never in your life pass one way again.
In saner climes, I doubt if u will ever be able to drive again or atleast for some years.
Only that in naija even when government provides the road sign the lastma official fit remove or turn am backwards so u wont see it.

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by TeeSha(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
symbianDON:
Na to de drive old Volkswagen beetle for Lagos o! Once.they impound am, na.to dash dem.buy another one grin Beetle no kuku pass 25k for Ibadan.

Can you get one for me at this price?
I'm willing to come to Ib

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by bayumyguy: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Na so the one stupid police officer with lastma officers arrested me that I am not on right lane at abeokuta Express way go ye side,I was taking to agege pen cinema lastma office one yeye woman called olori sat inside Toyota matrix they handover all car keys collected to her.The yeye police man and lastma officers left me and went back for there operation when they came back they demanded for 30k bribe after begging they collected 5k and I was released so when I got back to that junction go ye junction beside UBA bank I reported to those lastma officer they said is illegal job they came to do.i cause them and left them for God to judge them.

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by pr9511487: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
see below

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by akins33: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
LASTMA IS A Nuisance organisation. It should be disbanded,full of touts and many dirty fellows.

We need young minded leaders,that understand what it is to run a decent society. Of cos there will be societal ills,but draconian reactions from the govt kill its citizens.

They are drunk and ready to fight,its hugh time we dislodged sll this crazy pple

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by tellwisdom: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Lmao.... Commit an offence 1st.

You go understand

Well, it’s fine if they arrest people like you and charge such amount.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Spain007(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
revolt:

I'm telling you.. driving in naija is Luke driving blind. I stopped at a stop sign one day in ikoyi and ppl behind almost hit me. They were just cursing me out..

Your own soft ...me I stopped for pple to cross d zebra line...hmmm,no type of horn wey I no hear that day,even one was shouting at me say my I go learn driving...I just smiled
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
If corp members decide to erect warning signs on all those roads I hope government and LASTMA will be happy angry
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by JuanDeDios: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
After receiving the judgment document

You will have to take this paper back to head quarters, they will then give you a crazy form yet again which you will have to take to the zone were you were arrested or booked. There the boss will sign and hand you a payment advise which you will take to any bank to make the payment to Lagos State Tax Deposit account.

Once this payment is made, a certificate of payment will be issued as confirmation. This receipt you will take it back to the headquarters at Oshodi Apapa express way. There they will confirm your payment and minute on the document for your car to be released to you. You will then have to made 3 copies each of all the documents in your possession as that moment.

Back to the zone
After the above is done you return you the zone will all the original documents from Oshodi then, they zone commander will confirm the documents and they calculate how long your car has been in their custody and you will be made to pay DEMORAGE N1000 per day. This payment will be made yet again into Lagos state Tax Deposit account.

Release of Vehicle
Once you have made the payment for the Demorage. Come back to the zone with your receipt. Your key will be handed over to you. But your tyres would have been deflated. You still have to give N1,000 to the vulcanizer to get your car tyres back up.
Meeehn! These guys are on a roll!
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by derbykol(f): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
200k is high
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by KazikageSama: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
I recently was made to pay N200,000 for a one way offence in Lagos state. This one way had no sign on the road, posed no threat to commuters or oncoming vehicles, the road intact is a useless road, yet it was a one way. LASTMA officials stand by the end of the road to victimized people. Insult you fight you and still take your car.

One other guy paid same N200,000 because he cleared off the way and parked in a one way when his car over heated. Instead of these officers to render him help they took him to the office booked him and made him pay 200k or stand the risk of forfeiting his vehicle

Other payments were N200,000(3rd guy) N100,000 by one old man who just came to Lagos from abeokuta to drop a passenger with N20,000. LASTMA tolled his vehicle and spoilt the shaft.

This is very sad in the end.

What is your story

Law enforcement organizations / signs should be there right at the beginning of the road to advise motorists that the road is 1way but alas this is Nigeria, their aim is to extort not to correct. Even if there's a sign there before, these LASTMA fit remove am.

6 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by IdowuRufai: 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2022
This guy said I stopped on the highway and it’s an offense, first it’s not on the highway, That’s the newly constructed Oshodi expressway but I’m not on the highway. These guys are just there to extort. The interesting part was that I only slowed down with my leg on the break. Lagos state government have to call them to order. Dubious lots

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by fareed69(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
I recently was made to pay N200,000 for a one way offence in Lagos state. This one way had no sign on the road, posed no threat to commuters or oncoming vehicles, the road intact is a useless road, yet it was a one way. LASTMA officials stand by the end of the road to victimized people. Insult you fight you and still take your car.

One other guy paid same N200,000 because he cleared off the way and parked in a one way when his car over heated. Instead of these officers to render him help they took him to the office booked him and made him pay 200k or stand the risk of forfeiting his vehicle

Other payments were N200,000(3rd guy) N100,000 by one old man who just came to Lagos from abeokuta to drop a passenger with N20,000. LASTMA tolled his vehicle and spoilt the shaft.

What is your story

Fine .
Let's see the bank stamp and the recieving Account before I comment.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by fitinwell: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2022
My Own Experience

I Drove through Oja Oba Market, Some Police officer just pound out from No place ... Saying Oga Park der .. park well..

I obeyed and i asked what was my offence ..?

Before i could say jerk , the officer seize my ignition key...

I asked What happened...

Police replied Oga you no see sey na One way you pass so..

On a single lane drive market area..!

I amussed for a moment and asked..

I told him , i can read and write .. i am a civil citizen of this country Nigeria..

If i saw or read a sign Post "NO ONE WAY" and you caught me.. then i am guilty has charged..

But Officer i asked please show me the Sign post that made me broke the Law...

The officer replied Oga since you want to proof point and speak English... Let them Tow it..

And i said this wrong and i will call DPO he wasn't picking up..

I agreed let them Tow my Vehicle... Which Station..?

One police officer Advice .. that i better settle here.. because if the matter reach Station ... No going Back .. that i would pay more money..

Ofcouse it was on a Friday i won't forget..

When we get to the Station... I asked to speak with the ASP or DPO.,..

ASP said nothing they can do .. that it was reported i harrassed and insulted his Men..

That i should go and Pay all my Fine charged against me..

Chai...

In summary .. I paid and was released..

Chai Nigeria people..

I Hail thee...

Wickedness is so real..

11 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by TolaniLuv: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2022
All the danfo and other commercial bus weh deh pass one way dem no deh stop them at all

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by providencia(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
nike4love:
grin Tinubu for president

Of lagos or southwest only. Na God i take beg you

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by legba1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
One way driving is a dangerous thing to do, i was once almost knocked over by a one way driver. i checked my right and left in an attempt to cross not knowing one idiot was racing down on my right, he had to swerve into the middle of the road ......

As much as LASTMA is full of shitty folks, the policy of buying back your vehicle at exhaubitant amount is to serve as deterrent to drivers like the OP....Once you et into their office with your vehicle, and the payment is made into the state tax revenue account, you have only serve your penalty,note you are not being cheated. you are exploited when you pay negotiated cash to any of the officers.

I support the huge penealty because if you pay once,you will henceforth be mindful of following one way, too many folks had been sent to their early grave by the likes of OP, a corps member was once a victim, imagine that......Can the 200k PAID BY THE OP BUY BACK HIS LIFE, OBEY TRAFFIC LAW, you will not be exploited by no one if you do

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Khaysee: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
Are these money Remitted to government purse if yes ok oooo

But bribe is wrong lasma is getting to much on dispatch riders

Buy men clothing at import price payment on delivery within Lagos and nationwide dispatch daily
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by wealthgoddess: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
adioolayi:
In as much as Lagos Drivers too get their own craze...

LASTMA is becoming a nuisance....all they just want to do is to extort you or generate revenue for state government unjustly.

It's hightime Lagos Government checked their excesses...They are generating lots of cries and attention right now
You are on point sir.
This is why I am never in support of state policing...
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by mediainc: 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
Obey the law.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by IvarDboneless: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
The last time I was almost caught because I did a little reverse just to turn into a road I missed...Immediately dey double crossed me I just use speed cut my steering hit an incoming vehicle and the vehicle loose control hit there own I almost killed one of them..

Na so I carry my broken headlamp and crawling bumper dey run...better to fix than pay.
Next time I don plan am...I go hit one badly make ee die.

8 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Akinsete19(m): 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
wealthgoddess:

You are on point sir.
This is why I am never in support of state policing...
Nigeria is too young for state policing. It will end up as a disaster if approved.

5 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Revolva(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
TO drive for Lagos na hell.......i swear.....if u no come get bar for account nkor....an so dem go mess up ur day

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by isio1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lagosians! once any of your vehicle particulars expires make sure you renew the particulars same day or else you will be fined N20K. My road worthiness certificate expired on 28th Oct and on 30th Oct being a Saturday, I received a text from VIS asking me to pay a fine of 20K within 7days or my car will be impounded for committing a traffic offence. So Lagos car owners be wise.

I have to pay within the 7 days. Because for me, I like wahala.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by isio1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lagosians! once any of your vehicle particulars expires make sure you renew the particulars same day or else you will be fined N20K. My road worthiness certificate expired on 28th Oct and on 30th Oct being a Saturday, I received a text from VIS asking me to pay a fine of 20K within 7days or my car will be impounded for committing a traffic offence. So Lagos car owners be wise oo.

I have to pay within the 7 days. Because for me, I nor like wahala.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by adubam(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
Abuja sweet die...
We dey even take convoy of cars, taxis dey follow one way if hold up tight even in front of VIO.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by spartoo: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2022
Sometimes, they partially cover or hide the One Way sign so as catch a victim.

If I need to stop when driving in unfamiliar environments, I locate a petrol station, bank or eatery. It's the safest bet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
MARKone:
I was caught by the police, I paid a bribe 5k to the Police, after much negotiation instead of 150k they said I'd pay if the call LASTMA, perks of having a corrupt police force cool

Badt guy
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by highoctane: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

What is your story
Weakling! Why did you not dare them to take you court?
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by dontrulee: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
I remembered when I was younger how my Dad use to change it for them. Well he is a lawyer and he always outwit or outsmart them
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by odimbannamdi(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ifakiland:

I have never fallen victim....them sef dey watch face....them know werey wen them see werey...how I go pay 200k to people wey no hold gun, people qey their work na road maintaining agency....lailai

Baba, no be by to ginger. Na grace of God. If those guys cramp you eh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mazda At 50: A Timeline Of Its Car Collections / See The 2018 Best And Worst Car Brands In Quality Ranking According To J.D.Power / Factors To Note Before Buying A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.