Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts (33014 Views)

I Am Sorry - Funke Akindele Reacts To Video Of Her Husband's 43rd Birthday Party / Tiwa Savage Pours Praises On Son In New Pictures - Funke Akindele Reacts / Femi Adebayo Dressed As A Beautiful Woman On Set, Funke Akindele Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Drinokrane: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Actress Funke Akindele has said that she hopes parents withdraw their children from Dowen College after the school announced it is reviewing its policies following the death of its student Sylvester Oromoni, Igbere TV reports.

Reacting in an Instagram story on Friday, Funke said: “I hope all parents have withdrawn their children from the school. I’m so worried for children in boarding schools. A lot goes on there.”

Oromoni died under controversial circumstances in November 2021. He was alleged to have been attacked by a group of senior students for refusing to join their cult. But the state government said it could not establish a case of complicity.

The state government had ordered the indefinite closure of the school pending the outcome of an investigation into the matter.

However, in a statement on Thursday, the school shared its plans for the future.

Part of the statement read, “The Dowen College Family has had to rethink how best to reassure the public of our best intentions and how the interest of all parties can best be served in sustaining and growing the good and privileged legacy of the school.

“We have worked on enhancing our safeguarding, monitoring processes and policies to ensure better oversight functions within the school. We are also reviewing our policies with our parents, staff and students to ensure strict compliance and best practices are adhered to going forward.”

https://instagram.com/stories/funkejenifaakindele/2761049334836046404?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet

7 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by XXXXTENTACION: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Yawa, dey oo shocked
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
I believe that school was built to groom upcoming cultists, future occults.No wise parent will still allow their kids school in such horrible place.The person above me is very annoying

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
Iyaebe:
I believe that school was built to groom upcoming cultists, future occults.No wise parent will still allow their kids school in such horrible place.The person above me is very annoying

The person above you is very annoying for saying "Yawa Dey"?

Abi una sabi unaself before?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by teejayreal(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Only parent who don't value their children lives are the ones that will send their ward to schools like dowen.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Rejoy: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
A lot of unanswered questions in that place

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by chigoziri2403(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
He who has ears let him hear

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Tapasco(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
What happened nah
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by JosephXavier: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
The school will surely suffer because of that act of negligence

This Oromoni story is just one out of all the incidents that has happened in that school but God wants to use this particular story to punish the proprietors

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Sheuns(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
E no go easy like that o Aunty Funke
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by wunmi590(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022

When many parents are still want to register their ward there, just because of the educational gain in the school...

If dem open today, they will see more student, and beside, they are currently doing online class, while school is closed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Take banana till you go Yo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by SultanOfPuna: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Wahala For Rich People grin

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by todaynewsreview: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by mu2sa2: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
If you truly love your kid the biggest mistake you would make is to send him/her to a boarding school these days. All these cultists are "graduates" of those schools.

27 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by PIPPROF(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Dem no get sense
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Make God help us.

12 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by TuFab(f): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
Only a useless parent would still leave their kids in that harbour house of a school.
The thing is, most people only have kids because everybody else is having one. Many get to realize that parenting isn't a child's play at all and look for where to dump the innocent kids.

27 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by TBIZZY(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Boarding school was not like this in our own time, though it was tough and at the same time it was fun.

5 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by headSmasher: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by OscarJaden(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Enough of this Sylvester case abeg
We done tire

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Antoeni(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
No Reasonable Parent Would Allow Their Wards to Attend Such a Killer College

6 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by PeachyG01: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
When most of them are defending the school.

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by chieveboy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
The way the case went says a lot, but then it's not everything money can buy.

Nigerians know what transpired and not everyone can be bought.

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by israelmao(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
The team of doctors and other medical experts who carried out coroner inquest had the temerity to break their professional ethics by falsifying result and conniving with that school authority in order to keep them in business.There's great wickedness in Nigeria.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Matheusmartin: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by joelag: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Na horror films dem go later dey use the school premises dey act.

8 Likes

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by allanphash7(m): 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Rubbish talk

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Born2Breed(f): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Parents must have withdrawn their wards.

The 2nd term is almost halfway what sane Parents will keep their kids at home while others are resuming.
Re: Dowen College: I Hope Parents Withdraw Their Kids — Funke Akindele Reacts by Janiobi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Allah bless us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephanie Linus Receives Her AMVCA Car Prize For Best Movie Awards(photos) / Sammie Peters After Battle With Cancer (Photos) / Davido Shares Photo Of Him And His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.